Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi and welcome Raindance.(y)
Enjoy your first outing and I'm sure you will have many more to follow.
I'm a little worried that your forum name may put others off wanting to be in the same area as you .... maybe Sundance would have been a better choice.;) (sorry no offence intended)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry not around there but hope you enjoy your first weekend away. It can prove to be lonely the first time as you will have time on your hands. Take a good book and pen and notebook to make a note of any questions that may arise .. Come back and tell us all how you go on ... Once New Year has passed there will be lots of us looking to meet up across the country.

:)

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks for your good wishes. It is not the best time of year to start alone I know but I am pushing myself a bit to prove that I can do it but looking forward to next year. I am realising now that Raindance was not the best choice of name! It was because it chucked it down the day Sundance first came home. I think it's too late to change now.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
It was because it chucked it down the day Sundance first came home. I think it's too late to change now.
I was only jesting, Raindance is fine. (y)
However if you really want to change it at any time you only have to PM Jim with a request but probably only after he has extracted £10 from you to become a fully fledged Funster.:rolleyes:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I like the name... very Native American. :) The first sight you see when you are born apparently .....

Don't forget to keep in touch with everyone and let us know how you go on. Motorhoming can be more fun when there are people to meet along the way.

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Can't tell you how much these comments mean. Gives me hope for the future because the now is proving so difficult I feel it could beat me. X

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
awwww... That is so sad. Please be happy. YOu have taken a first step to making new friends and a new hobby ...... I know how you feel from your explanation... take each hour, not day, as it comes and please, please, please come on here and join in our silliness, our jokes, our serious conversations.. There is always hope and there are lots of new friends on here for you to meet. I am just sad that it is the wrong time of year for me to help more .. come the warmer weather trust me you will grow stronger....

Your time in the van this weekend alone may feel a bit desolate at times, I know mine did, and I wondered if I had done the right thing... but we need those moments so that we recognise the good ones when they come along.

Sending you a big hug. :)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Chin-up Raindance, I see Jim has extracted your cash and you are now officially a Funster so you now have hundreds of friends on this forum.
I don't know your circumstances but you can always find someone to pass the time with on here and although there are not so many meets this time of year you will be welcome at any that you choose when the weather perks up.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think it's too late to change now.

Not at all. Just send a PM ( start a conversaion ) to Jim, he who created the forum on the first day then got pissed for the rest of the week, ask him to change it to .......

If you can drive to the shops you can manage a MH.

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Chin-up Raindance, I see Jim has extracted your cash and you are now officially a Funster so you now have hundreds of friends on this forum.
I don't know your circumstances but you can always find someone to pass the time with on here and although there are not so many meets this time of year you will be welcome at any that you choose when the weather perks up.
And I shall very much look forward to it. Just a few months to go while getting my head around so much and gaining my confidence to live life again X

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
So much to discover, so much to experience, the first trip is always remembered and builds your confidence going forward. Relax and enjoy :clap:(y)

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I can't begin to tell you how much your comments mean to me. I will certainly keep in touch, keep brave and most of all look forward to the future. X

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Raindance1 welcome to fun. We to have a Sundance ours is a 630g we have had her 8yrs now . There are some great meets here on Fun look forward to meeting you in the near future at a meet or two best wishes Amanda Bill & Kate (Ambilkate) :) :) :)

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Raindance1 welcome to fun. We to have a Sundance ours is a 630g we have had her 8yrs now . There are some great meets here on Fun look forward to meeting you in the near future at a meet or two best wishes Amanda Bill & Kate (Ambilkate) :) :) :)
Not sure what mine weighs but looks huge to me. She is 8 years old and hardly used. Waiting for me I hope to take me to meet all you lovely people X

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
In Dulverton site there can be a bit of noise if you are parked close to the River, we found it a lot quieter , at night, if you can get a pitch "away" from the river.
It's not too far to walk into town. There is a chippie near the site, a Coop a bit further on on the left. The Black Bear (?) has great meals, a tad expensive, and you might have to book.
The first pub has meals, but! just pub grub.
The road in can be a bit rough, and narrow, but hey ho, thats M/Homing innet
Have an excellent trip and tell us all about it later on!

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Thanks for your good wishes. It is not the best time of year to start alone I know but I am pushing myself a bit to prove that I can do it but looking forward to next year. I am realising now that Raindance was not the best choice of name! It was because it chucked it down the day Sundance first came home. I think it's too late to change now.

IMHO its the ideal time to start cos most places aren't full to bursting

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello from Dorset, we like the name Raindance keep it

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Hi Raindance Welcome to the group. :welc: Lots of lovely people to talk to on here. !! :smiley:

You mabe havent chosen the best time to start. The dark evenings can be a bit tedious this time of the year but having the freedom to go where you want when you want is great. Its good you have taken that first step. You won't regret it. Keep us up to date with where you are and before you know it you will be over the moon with your new FUNSTER way of life. There are always some funsters out and about regardless of the weather. I have been out alone in my van but prefer it with my dog but it wouldn't stop me if she couldn't come however I do have different preferences in summer to winter. In the summer I am OK with solitude day or evening but in winter I prefer to be near civilization. :RollEyes: Is Dulverton local for you.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hey Raindance. Welcome to the club. Wherever your adventures take you, if you run into trouble or something stops working, just post on here and help will be forthcoming. Even if you don't know what something is called just post a photo of it, it will be a matter of minutes before someone responds.

Looks like you have a doggy companion, who I am sure will appreciate nice long walks in the countryside.

P.S I like your user name, you should keep it.

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Raindance Welcome to the group. :welc: Lots of lovely people to talk to on here. !! :smiley:

You mabe havent chosen the best time to start. The dark evenings can be a bit tedious this time of the year but having the freedom to go where you want when you want is great. Its good you have taken that first step. You won't regret it. Keep us up to date with where you are and before you know it you will be over the moon with your new FUNSTER way of life. There are always some funsters out and about regardless of the weather. I have been out alone in my van but prefer it with my dog but it wouldn't stop me if she couldn't come however I do have different preferences in summer to winter. In the summer I am OK with solitude day or evening but in winter I prefer to be near civilization. :RollEyes: Is Dulverton local for you.
I must admit it will be a bit of a challenge but I am determined to prove I can do it with a fairly local site in a lovely little Exmoor town. I will usually have my dog with me but he is a typical GSD and hates to be left so this time I will go alone so I can do some Christmas shopping. Thanks for your encouragement and hope to meet you and your dog one day.

OP
OP
Raindance1

Raindance1

Free Member
Nov 24, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hey Raindance. Welcome to the club. Wherever your adventures take you, if you run into trouble or something stops working, just post on here and help will be forthcoming. Even if you don't know what something is called just post a photo of it, it will be a matter of minutes before someone responds.

Looks like you have a doggy companion, who I am sure will appreciate nice long walks in the countryside.

P.S I like your user name, you should keep it.
Aw, thank you for that. I probably wouldn't have thought of it and just panicked. It is good to know X

judelea

Free Member
Dec 2, 2014
surrey
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2013
All the best on your first trip out. I know it's not the best time to venture out for the first time, but hopefully you will find it very cosy in your new second home. I know it could be quite addictive given half a chance. I am newly retired so hope to have more time for adventure. Where are you based? I come down to Cornwall quite often. Have fun from JudeLea

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back