buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Staying on the CC at Pembrey country park can't believe how good the weather is and how good the country park is quite a few underground bunkers but not a lot to be found out on the internet.
Looks like they stored munitions for the war also with the pill boxes about the campsite on the park is dug up at the moment looks like they are putting electric hook up points in.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
they are putting in hook ups for next season.

we love the site so much to do and great bass and flounder fishing off the beach.(y)

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
theres a lot more there to see had a great steam rally there in sept have a look at future rallys for next year,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Yes, they used to make TNT there in WW1 and then as an ordnance factory during WW2.
They are currently putting in 120 hookups and later in the winter a new Shower lock is being built.
There is a meet there next year in September, and maybe a flash meet in the spring. :)
Enjoy the weather its been great today and looks good for tomorrow, but I will miss most of it as I will be inside watching the Rugby. :drink: :drink:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
This Pembrey - "The beach used by naturists" - ?
Broken Link Removed

not a lot to be found out on the internet
Sorry Buckby, I can't help looking things up, nasty habit I know... wondered if any of these might be interesting?
http://www.mylifeoutside.co.uk/2012/03/royal-ordnance-factory-pembrey.html
http://www.aeroresource.co.uk/articles/2010/pembrey/
http://www.kidwellyhistory.co.uk/Industry/RAF.htm
Broken Link Removed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ROF_Pembrey

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fantastic vast beach & lovely park & forest but never been there when hot enough to take all your clothes off - not even in August! Always found the beach to be breezy but great to cycle on so long as it's in the direction of the wind :) If it was really hot though there would be too many tourists which would spoil it...

OP
OP
buckby

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for that CWH some interesting stuff hard to picture how busy it would be at its peak

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We went once years ago with the caravan when the kids were quite young. We were booked in for two weeks, it rained every day and between the showers it blew a hooley.

We never got as far as the beach as the kids complained about being sandblasted by the wind:LOL:. This was in the days before we took a tv with us, I hated the idea but that holiday broke me:D always took a tv after that.

If I remember rightly I think we broke down on the way there too - when we had the volvo similar to the one in one of the pics of the day a couple of weeks ago:LOL::LOL:

Oh yes, a holiday to remember, that one(y)

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
I like Pembrey for my long distance mountain bike riding;)

ps - motor racing track just around the corner.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I endured an "interesting" early morning trip to Llanelli hospital after my son touched some of those nasty plants (wild parsley?) that grew there, then rubbed his eyes. Later, my youngest daughter walked through some plants and had painful blisters all over her thighs, which lasted for several days. Apart from that, we thoroughly enjoyed our time there in 1988. :(

Has the flora changed? :cautious: - Gordon

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
They are currently putting in 120 hookups and later in the winter a new Shower lock is being built.
There is a meet there next year in September, and maybe a flash meet in the spring. :)
Good to know about the showers & EHU - are these in the forest or Golden Coast campsite? Any ideas when for a meet in the spring?:)

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Link here
Good to know about the showers & EHU - are these in the forest or Golden Coast campsite? Any ideas when for a meet in the spring?:)
The camping area is marked on this Broken Link Removed marked No 12, as for the spring meet it was discussed at the Steam Rally meet in September, not sure if or when it will happen, but there was quite a bit of interest expressed at the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back