Dartford crossing (1 Viewer)

Jun 26, 2012
ipswich suffolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt pilote
Exp
2005 off and on
As you all probably know you will have to pay for your crossing in advance or within 24hrs afterwards as from the end of November , you won't be able to pay cash when you cross okay so far , so I got myself a dart tag a few months ago and it is cheaper to use as well all very good I thought but I have had to change my account now over to dart charge and. When I did you have to input your registration which automatically logged my van as a fiat goods van which is in the next price up as a commercial vehicle so be aware the cameras at the barriers may read your reg and class you as a goods vehicle .
I got my details changed back to a motorhome by phoning them so all is okay but if I didn't have an account I'd find myself paying more each time ,oh and now you can only use the tag with the 1 vehicle you register hope this helps

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep, oddly enough my vehicle came up as class B when I registered them all. Really convenient having them all on one account

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Just completed the migration from Dart Tag to the new crossing system. Went well, they put the MH in class B as they should, so maybe all the aggro they received from early movers regarding MH class categories has worked and the system can now recognise a Motor home and distinguish it from its van base.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
To be fair, they can only go by the info supplied by DVLA..
Folks who are getting the agro should have a look at their V5 to make sure it is actually registered correctly :)

If it IS, then WTF is DVLA doing !!!

Mar 27, 2014
Wickford, UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1993
Decided I could no longer put off registering for the Dartford crossing. Having a new motorhome with registration that has never yet been recognised, I was amazed to see it immediately came up as Make: Fiat, Model:Rapido 640, Class B. Result!!!! So it can work, or perhaps they have now got their act together.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Having spent most of yesterday waiting to be answered I gave up and registered online. As expected it put me in Class C with no option to change it. I did find an email thingy so have sent off asking them to sort it but no response so far!

I suppose I'll just have to keep on trying to ring them. I expect they are very busy though.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
When I rang them the chap said they were supposed to ring back within 24 hours, but they were so busy that could well be up to 72 hours.. They called in 36 hours ( and I did appreciate the guys honesty ! :) )

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
,oh and now you can only use the tag with the 1 vehicle you register

As far as I'm aware the new system works on NPR (number plate recognition) in which case the tag will become redundant.
The prepay account which replaces the tag can have a number of vehicles registered against it.

Daedalus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2013
North Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Has anyone else received their 'welcome' pack from Dart Charge - noticed it's run by Sanef - who just happen to run a lot of the peage tolls in France - looks like we're paying a little bit more to 'La Belle France' as well as their EU rebate!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Will be going there in a fortnight , what time at night does it not charge, do you just go through and do nothing then

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Which is why we will be leaving home at 20:30 hrs to catch the midnight ferry :) !!

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Just changed my Dart Tag account over. Did the change over on line. Motorhome in Class C. Rang the helpline (answered within 2 minutes lucky I suppose) and fault corrected straight away. Apparantly the website will be better and hpefully my money on the dart tag will migrate with it.

Sonja

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
[QUOTE="Daedalus, post: 1199837, member: 28860" noticed it's run by Sanef - who just happen to run a lot of the peage tolls in France - looks like we're paying a little bit more to 'La Belle France' as well as their EU rebate![/QUOTE]

Don't they own the bridge along with the 2 Severn crossings ?

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Has anyone else received their 'welcome' pack from Dart Charge - noticed it's run by Sanef - who just happen to run a lot of the peage tolls in France - looks like we're paying a little bit more to 'La Belle France' as well as their EU rebate!
Registered for an account 10 days ago have not received anything in post, do I need a tag thing for the windscreen, or does it just work on NPR, so no tag needed?

Daedalus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2013
North Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Registered for an account 10 days ago have not received anything in post, do I need a tag thing for the windscreen, or does it just work on NPR, so no tag needed?
No tag needed - system uses Automatic Number Plate Recognition.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Soooo,
given the dire warning that came with the tag just a couple of weeks ago, that it belongs to them, are they gonna pay the return postage for them ?
And given the particular type of tag used is not ( as far as I have been able to ascertain ) used anywhere else, what will they do with the millions that are out there ?? !!

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Just changed my Dart Tag account over to Dart Charge. Gave them our car reg numbers - no problem. Gave them the MH reg - that's class C says call centre droid. Nope, it's a motorhome which is class B as stated on your website - I retort. Nope, Class C as ... and I quote: "because a motorhome looks like a van, and a van is Class C", therefore it's class c. Too busy to argue so will sort that one out later.

giphy.gif

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Registered last night. Got email confirming registration but 3DS error. Rang and got through after 16 minutes @ 16:40. Pleasant lady confirmed system wasn't accepting cards. She manually took the 1st tenner and set me up to be manual when balance drops to £5 and to receive an email. Then the matter of MH as CLASS C, oh yes, usual query she said then confirmed she had changed it to CLASS B as we spoke. No hassle or aggro. So car and MH both set up and no need to pay prior to travel or within 24 hours of travel, not fun if on way to France and trying to pay over 'phone on move.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So how would I contact them from here considering that I don't ring any number that requires payment & anyway I'm ringing from a computer?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
So far I seem to have spent more in phone calls hanging on trying to change the classification from C to B than I would actually save!!!

Think I might now resort to old-fashioned snail mail as you can't even contact them by email.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I've just tried registering, and the process won't go further than the address stage, ie, click NEXT....................and nothing. :(

I'm off to bed.

Night night.

Jock.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
So far I seem to have spent more in phone calls hanging on trying to change the classification from C to B than I would actually save!!!

Think I might now resort to old-fashioned snail mail as you can't even contact them by email.
I believe 0300 is a standard rate call from mobiles so if you have a contract with umpteen minutes it is effectively free.

Sorted mine in this thread, too many running

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/dartford-toll-change.97014/

"After searching EE community it seems 0300 are charged as part of inclusive minutes so effectively free for me too as I have unlimited

"Welcome to the community and thank you for your post.

0300 and 0303 numbers are charged as calls to regular landline numbers therefore if you receive unlimited landline calls per month these should be free.""

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We did ours with no problems, we will see if it works when we get back. :rolleyes:
They found a great way to help with cash flow, ;) hope they don't go skint. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We did ours with no problems, we will see if it works when we get back. :rolleyes:
They found a great way to help with cash flow, ;) hope they don't go skint. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back