Nov 23, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hey everyone,

Wanted to say hello to everyone and say what a lovely forum this is with great advice and banter.

Me and my girlfriend are currently on the lookout for a Motorhome to travel around Europe in at the start of Feb for 6 months :) it's scary and exciting all at once. We are both going because we love pursuing our sport (rock climbing) and travelling about seeing cool things. This forum is amazing for picking up little tips and tricks and I'm sure I'll be asking some noob type questions shortly!

We are viewing two motorhomes this weekend so very excited - just hope we get a bit lucky!

Look forward to spending more time on the forum with you all :)

Dan

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Obviously,as rock climbers,you'd know about 'scary and exciting all at once'
Welcome,and we hope you have fun getting your rocks off and doing cool things. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
brian & jo

OP
OP
D

Dan

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the replies everyone! Such a great forum and really informative for a newbie to the motorhome world like me.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi & welcome:hi:
Yep, I think you summed it up very well, scary and exciting - but when you actually get your mh then it's really exciting:)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi... Welcome. There are a few members on here from Chester so you will soon feel at home. :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello welcome to Fun from a few miles down the road, good luck with your search for a motorhome, what kind are you looking for, don't forget reasonable storage of you are travelling for a few months you won't want to be moving things around all the time.

If you can get a winterised one as with your Rock Climbing it could be handy in the colder weather.

The other point have you checked your driving licence allows you to drive vans of a certain weight, newer licences don't allow for vans over a certain weight. You may have the answers to all these questions, then that's all good. :welc:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Welcome be warned I started with a tent then a Land rover with a basic home made conversion,the the ubiquitous raft of VWs,Hymers Tec.
I am an addict!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and Welcome :welc:

If you've not bought a motorhome before, I'd recommend downloading Jim's Ebook ( autocorrect just brought that up as Jim's Ebola!)
It's about £7 (?) and could save you 100s. Also take a damp meter with you.

And do all the travelling and rock climbing you can do!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hello welcome to Fun from a few miles down the road, good luck with your search for a motorhome, what kind are you looking for, don't forget reasonable storage of you are travelling for a few months you won't want to be moving things around all the time.

If you can get a winterised one as with your Rock Climbing it could be handy in the colder weather.

The other point have you checked your driving licence allows you to drive vans of a certain weight, newer licences don't allow for vans over a certain weight. You may have the answers to all these questions, then that's all good. :welc:

Welcome to Fun. You are from the right area - Chester and the surrounding countryside seems to be the Mecca for meets - we have made more trips north since we have joined Fun than ever in our lives before! The information from Carol is an example of the help you will get - no question too silly - no problem too big! Good luck in finding the right van. (y)

OP
OP
D

Dan

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Chester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for all the replies everyone. Really appreciate the links and advise. Thanks for the information regarding license - I believe you can drive up to 3,500kg on the license I have so trying to keep that in mind whilst looking. The model we are looking at is a fiat based model from 1995 and seems ideal for us. I really hope it is nice :) thanks again for all the advice and helpful info!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back