Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Hi,
I thought that I had better post in this particular forum and introduce myself and say hello, before I start adding any more comments.
I have been wanting to buy a MH and tour UK and Europe for some time, I will be in a position within the next 6 months to start this dream with my wife and Jack Russell.
We went to the NEC motorhome show last month and ideally I would like a Hymer, so am currently perusing the ads etc.
I enjoy factual and technical articles and looking at some of the threads I have come to the right place. I tend to research things before I buy which can be useful especially if you the know more than the sales person.
Please forgive any basic or stupid questions and share your knowledge and experience.
I look forward to joining the rallies and meeting some of you in person.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Hi and welcome. :welc:

Ask away, there are no stupid questions when seeking advice.
Research is the key. Take your time and try to get the right van first time (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi and welcome. :welc:

Ask away, there are no stupid questions when seeking advice.
Research is the key. Take your time and try to get the right van first time (y)
I couldn't agree more.
Welcome to MotorhomeFun. :welc:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and welcome to Fun.

There are no stupid questions. Just people who've met the answer before.

I sold my motorhome back in the summer as it was too big for how I'll use it now. Funster Terry is converting a van for me. I'm so excited, anticipating its completion. I know nothing about technicalities and will openly admit so far I've chosen the upholstery fabric and the flooring :)

You will know the right van when you find it.

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
Welcome,
Alan + Diane,

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi,
I thought that I had better post in this particular forum and introduce myself and say hello, before I start adding any more comments.
I have been wanting to buy a MH and tour UK and Europe for some time, I will be in a position within the next 6 months to start this dream with my wife and Jack Russell.
We went to the NEC motorhome show last month and ideally I would like a Hymer, so am currently perusing the ads etc.
I enjoy factual and technical articles and looking at some of the threads I have come to the right place. I tend to research things before I buy which can be useful especially if you the know more than the sales person.
Please forgive any basic or stupid questions and share your knowledge and experience.
Welcome on board. The right motorhome will find you........ Just don't make any hasty decisions; layout is almost everything. Good luck!

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN and as others have said there is no such thing as a stupid questions and you have come to the right forum to get answers, the amount of knowledge I've received since joining has been second to none. (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, ask questions use the search engine loads of advice and experience willingly shared good luck with your search.:welc:

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012
Hello and welcome from Hampshire. Good luck on your search, when you find the right one for you, you'll just know. That initial excitement is intoxicating and amazing, enjoy! :clap2:

OP
OP
Spanishsteve

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Welcome to Fun, come and have a browse round what we have to offer !

We are in Sussex

Peter
Thanks Peter, I came to your site last year as I have a place in Sovereign Harbour, Eastbourne. That was before I found this site, I do peruse your website and no doubt will be grateful for the discount you offer to Funsters.

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello and Welcome to Fun.
as all the above have said.
just ask

Mel & Lieve

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome on board. The right motorhome will find you........ Just don't make any hasty decisions; layout is almost everything. Good luck!
Hello Steve DuxDeluxe is so right the right Motorhome will find you we had been looking lots at them all but were going to wait for another 15months we knew what we wanted then saw the Hobby and straight away knew that was for us (so much for waiting!!!!) right price right distance away everything was perfect so know what you want first and you WILL get the right one

Pamie&Nigel

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Hi. Another welcome from Hampshire. This is a great site.
One thing to consider if appropriate to you, apart from the number of berths you want, is also the number of seat belts you will need. Manufacturers don't seem to match them up.

:welc:

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi,

Hi Steve and welcome to a fantastic website where I have learnt so much, wish I had joined before I made the mistake that Im sure so many make i.e. bought without reading the bible, still all OK now but learnt my lesson, feel free to learn from the following. BY THE WAY LIKE YOU JUST RETURNED AFTER 14 YEARS IN SPAIN AND 6 YEARS IN CYPRUS. BE LUCKY MY FRIEND.

:(:(:(Having lived and worked abroad for the last 20 years it was always my intention to purchase a motor home on my return to the UK when I retired. I spent a lot of time and effort to find the right vehicle and eventually settled on a Devon Tempest, 2 years old and with 1500 miles on the clock. What I should have done was completed the purchase after the dealer Dolphin Motor homes had done the habitation check. my mistake!. The van was sent off to their Southampton branch for the habitation certificate to be issued and in my opinion that is what they did, issued the certificate because they certainly DID NOT DO THE WORKS SATISFACTORY, the van was delivered to me with a faulty fresh water tank, waste water problem, toilet badly functioning and other jobs either done badly or not done at all.
The waste water tap was ceased and needed renewing the electrics on the fresh water system were faulty there was a bolt missing from the strike plate on the rear door the swivel seats would not swivel the radio and Sat nav system did not work along with other problems. All of these problems I was assured would be corrected but the van had to go back to Southampton as the Iford branch only has a valeting bay and not a mechanics workshop, image my surprise 3 days later when I phoned Southampton to be told “NO” we do not have a bay to lift the vans and our man has taken his tools to Iford to carry out the faults there, (I assume laying on his back on the floor)
The offending problems were all done bar the radio/sat nav which apparently 3 people had tried to correct, the main dealer had been contacted , who was not prepared to give free advice and eventually the MD fiddled with the system (his words not mine) and after 15 minutes did manage to solve part of the problem. I have solved the remaining fault with a friend. I now intend to have the gas check done by an independent engineer All of the running about has been at my expense and I feel that the company had no interest what so ever after my monies had been banked..
I started by explaining that I had been abroad for twenty years and am aware that the UK is named RIP OFF BRITAIN; service like this only adds fuel to the fire. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY :(:(:(

OP
OP
Spanishsteve

Spanishsteve

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Hymer 578
Exp
Hi. Another welcome from Hampshire. This is a great site.
One thing to consider if appropriate to you, apart from the number of berths you want, is also the number of seat belts you will need. Manufacturers don't seem to match them up.

:welc:
Very valid point, I've see a few vans online and have had to ask how many belts, I want 4. Invariably, they have 2, especially with rear lounges.
I can't understand how they can mismatch berths v belts. I suppose cost is the reason.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back