Mouse in the home!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2014
CHESHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
1 YEAR
Went to get the van ready for this weekend and found the scratchings of a mouse in the cab area.....how on earth did it get in to the Transit ....any ideas

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
always holes in under the dash, around doors, through vents etc
poison is the answer before they do a lot of damage

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Climb up a tyre and through the tiniest if holes (pencil width is enough if memory serves). Get Broken Link Removed ASAP. I squash sultanas into the bait cup so they are hard for the little beggars to remove before the trap activates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Few threads on here recently as you are not the only one with this blighters. Sorry i dont know how to show you the link . We have taken all the advice and still have them getting in:(

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
awwww you mean you won't take her on holiday with you... :)

upload_2014-11-21_19-22-39.jpeg

Lavender air freshener, lavender sachets, peppermint oil, all these things around the van will keep them out... oh, and tumble dryer sheets in all the cupboards... and don't leave any food other than in strong containers.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Wooodentop, it's a "moooose in the moooterhooome" spelling please!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
When I picked ours up from storage the other day there was yet another expired mouse in the passenger foot well. They go up the front wheels, through the engine, then find their way in through the lining between the cab and the engine bay.

This one was expired because we've had the problem before and I made sure there was no food or nesting material within reach of the floor. Fortunately our MH has smooth-sided panels all round the floor, so as long as the lower cupboards are shut there's nothing for them. They eventually jump or fall into the foot wells and it's game over. Laying bait in trays will help speed up the inevitable.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Frankie has just suffered from something similar and may be able to answer your question.
I am sure French mice are like English ones (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Frankie has just suffered from something similar and may be able to answer your question.
I am sure French mice are like English ones (y)

Well I would have been happy if it had been mice.... rats are a different story. I had to fight nearly 2 months . Got cleared and once the van came back from the mechanic (to check all the possible damages) one came in again . I can recognise their droppings anywhere now!! I had to put Max in quarantine at my parents where at last it got completely cleared off. I am typing from my van as I am going to have my first night in after all these events. I will drive it to the dealer tomorrow to put all the bits, we had to remove, back in and check all the pipes and hoses etc....
I said I will write all the things I have done to get rid of them to help other funsters preventing the problem. I have started but it's a long story LOL!

As for how they get in , believe me , the slightest space is good enough!

Amicalement

Frankie

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If you set poison, is there not a chance they will just go into your van linings or pipes and die in there?

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
If you set poison, is there not a chance they will just go into your van linings or pipes and die in there?
That was my worry joy that they will be poisoned and crawl away somewhere to die. Could be hidden anywhere. At least with trap i can dispose of them

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
That was my worry joy that they will be poisoned and crawl away somewhere to die. Could be hidden anywhere. At least with trap i can dispose of them

Exactly!!!! I have been very very lucky that all the devils went out of the van to die in some hole outside the van!
Dead bodies would have made my van stink for months!

I hope you used gloves to set the traps ! Human smell is the best repulsive ever! I didn't get a single rat with about 12 glued boards even with my gloves on . I had to put double gloves on, to set the poison so they could not smell me and used their droppings on my gloves to get them confused., and sprayed self defensive sprays, to get their moustaches and smell senses confused and burning. From that moment they have started eating the poison.

OP
OP
WOOOODENTOP
Apr 19, 2014
CHESHIRE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
1 YEAR
Yay...weve caught one today...lets hope theres no more