Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Just as our 3 week trip is ending I have just realised I only bumped onto 1 funster. Actually I think he approached me that was Davidg58 had a chat with him at Parc Verger. Reading this forum I thought nearly everyone was in this side of the water but I searches for the stickers everywhere. Anyhow had a great trip first abroad in our Van it been great and all your story's have helped. We have learnt a lot roll on next one cheers Paul

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Paul, but if you were only to meet one funster .. boy you met the loveliest ones around... :) .... Hope you and David and Bev all had a lovely time together.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It just goes to show how popular motorhoming is.
There are lord knows how many thousand members on here and an AWFUL lot of us have 'Fun' stickers.. yet we are still just a tiny minority..
Even in the last 7 or 8 years since we started I reckon the amount of motor homes on the road has leapt up amazingly !

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I try my hardest to see another, but no the vans I do see have no stickers on that I can see.
I have put my GRIN REAPER on the back but still no funsters wave as they go past.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Got lots of waves and a really excited frantic wave from lady in hire motorhome. Sitting waiting for early train now just had some nice frites though ;-)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
That was probably me Porkster, I even wave to mhs when in our car !!!!!!!!!!

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Seen no funsters since left uk in sept.
Don't use many campsites but always keep our eyes peeled on the road.
Expect to see a few in maroc!

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Don't use many campsites but always keep our eyes peeled on the rospect to see a few in maroc!
I think that you were the first funster we ever met out of a rally early this year and that was after 4years and 12 countries.Hope to see you both again sometime. Martin &Sue

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The first Funster sticker we saw was on the motorhome of Ken and Steph when they came to the camperstop here two years ago. We have since met other Funsters who have visited. The only other sticker we have seen was last Monday on a motorhome on Marjal Costa Blanca but no-one was around to speak to. Was it you?

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
I have only ever seen 2 stickers and both times I knocked on their door and introduced myself. I'm determined to say hello to every funster I see (the ones that are showing their stickers). Watch out all you funsters in Portugal....we are around and may just be knocking on your door next !!!!!!
Ruth

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Don't use many campsites but always keep our eyes peeled on the road.
Expect to see a few in maroc!

I think we had a minor skirmish up on Kintyre in August before you left :D

you are one of very few we have met on the road (I think it was you anyway) :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
The only other sticker we have seen was on Makems van when we had just collected ours in Sept. We met another couple last week at Black Knowl who said they were on the forum but they didn't have a sticker. But then we've only been out 4 times:LOL:

I did notice driving home from Harrogate (driving south) earlier that we got loads of waves which has been completely opposite to our previous experiences (driving north):confused:

So I take it that all the friendly wavers are northern based?:D

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Apart from meets we have only seen one Funster sticker and that was @chrisboyo in France early in the year (and what a nice chap he is) so it's not unusual not to see anybody. I did see a van going past our house in Normans Bay a week or so ago but he turned round and went back out again. Don't know what we did to upset him :Eeek:

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
I think we had a minor skirmish up on Kintyre in August before you left :D

you are one of very few we have met on the road (I think it was you anyway) :)

Yup. Guilty as charged.
Also been telling porkies. Bumped into a new funster in playa d'aro a few weeks ago. Not sure of official moniker but could have been geordie boy.

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
I have only ever seen 2 stickers and both times I knocked on their door and introduced myself. I'm determined to say hello to every funster I see (the ones that are showing their stickers). Watch out all you funsters in Portugal....we are around and may just be knocking on your door next !!!!!!
Ruth

Well today at Silves we found a Funster with a Hymer.:LOL:....We would have knocked on his door but we couldn't because it was not there.:confused: There was a team of craftsmen working on it on the workbench (otherwise known to others as a chair) !!!!!:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back