LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bill, if I cough the answer is YES .... if I sneeze the answer is NO..... and we can share the prize. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
So what was all that about? I am currently writing up a Blog in Word which has images embedded in it. The plan is to cut and paste it into this Forum when completed but if I just simply copy the document the images don't transfer.

But by adding the BB Code manually it seems to work, i.e. if I write in the document [ I M G ] ... [ / I M G ] where the URL of the image in Google+ (in my case) is where the "..." are it seems to work. the [ I M G ] etc has to be written without spaces but I can't do that without the Forum thinking there is an image, ... I hope that makes sense.

Jim can delete this Thread if he wants. I have found out what I wanted.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
or does it work if you slide the photo onto the desktop and add it afterwards.. I have had to do that occasionally.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
So what was all that about? I am currently writing up a Blog in Word which has images embedded in it. The plan is to cut and paste it into this Forum when completed but if I just simply copy the document the images don't transfer.

But by adding the BB Code manually it seems to work, i.e. if I write in the document [ I M G ] ... [ / I M G ] where the URL of the image in Google+ (in my case) is where the "..." are it seems to work. the [ I M G ] etc has to be written without spaces but I can't do that without the Forum thinking there is an image, ... I hope that makes sense.

Jim can delete this Thread if he wants. I have found out what I wanted.
I knew that.:whistle:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Oh sorry were supposed to ignore this thread.

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
or does it work if you slide the photo onto the desktop and add it afterwards.. I have had to do that occasionally.
It might, but there are quite a few photos in my blog and as you only have an hour to edit a new post I didn't want to have go through it and have to add each image one by one. By embedding them in the document in a way the forum software understands it should be possible to prepare the whole document for publishing in one go, so to speak.

Just need to finish the blog now....

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
'Ignore this' Always ensures it's the longest thread of the day :)

Just a thought, could there be a "test" area on the Forum where new posts were not reflected in the Recent Posts list? It may not be worth the effort for what could be very infrequent use but if Recent Posts could be easily set up to ignore a specific forum section it might work.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I'm trying desperately to ignore this thread as you requested but before I go can I make a suggestion, the posts you have put up would do very well in a book for insomniacs, reading that lot for ten minutes would do the trick .........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (y):LOL:

Reactions: DBK

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I wouldn't worry Devon BK .. I don't think Badknee, Bill or I will ever make that mistake again.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Me too

Never was very good at following instructions.

If at first you don't succeed find out which recycle container contain the aforementioned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back