Nov 11, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie November 2014
Hi all

Need help, trying to find a site in or near Brighton in April.

I have decided to do the Brighton marathon on 12th April and looking for somewhere either on a bus route or nearby.
I've seen one by the caravan club but at the minute I can only book up until the end of March.

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Not aware of anything that approaches the suitabilty that Brighton Sheepcoat Valley site offers! The site will be only a short walk from the end of the Marathon! :cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yes but that is a CC site and at times such as marathon weekends the price they charge is little short of thievery

We stayed there year before last as my niece was running..
They charged my son who is a member £68 for two nights and we got stung £88 !!! ( Yep, £44 a night )

I mentioned it to a CC rep at one of the shows.. he just shrugged and said they can charge what they like ( which I found a bit odd to say the least ! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stevetracey

stevetracey

Free Member
Nov 11, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yeah that's what I thought, just like the hotels. Might have to look further out.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
The problem again is that as of today you still cannot book for April, the CC do not release the April dates along with next years calendar until mid December

Box Boy

Free Member
Jul 3, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Globecar Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2010
Whilst a member of CC, I have not used this site. However costs charged seem a bit steep:eek:
Checked in handbook for this year (2014) and member rate for two adults on 12th April worked out at £26.80 per night!
Try phoning to find the rate for 2015:whistle:

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
We love the site and the location and Brighton for the weekend is such a hoot. The problem with Brighton is that there are no other sites in the area so they have a captive audience. But hell the site is 1st class and access to the centre and Marina is great. Treat yourself

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Depends how far you wish to travel for the event. We had a week on the Normans Bay C & CC site near Eastbourne and drove into Brighton for a day out. Might be a bit far for you but is a reasonably priced site.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
We're just back from Brighton (first time there). The toilet block was superb: CC quality is usually high but this was the best I've ever used (showerwise!). Cost was £15.30pn for two of us.

Norman's Bay (which we went to for a "look") seemed OK but down a depressing road, with large potholes (although they were being filled as we drove).

Britstops has a couple of places nearby: try one night at each?

There were certainly plenty of caravans plus a few motorhomes parked on the verges on the road to Falmer, but I wouldn't want to join them: most seemed semi-abandoned and the passing traffic was heavy. A couple of vans parked on the roadway up to Brighton site but the road is quite narrow and there are parking restrictions: town charges £1 per hour on the prom so I guess that will be moderately expensive also.

OP
OP
stevetracey

stevetracey

Free Member
Nov 11, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks everyone for your comments and advice. Think I will try and book the CC as its in Brighton and not too far for me too crawl after the marathon. Is it worth joining the CC do they get priority booking?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back