Autotrail curved kitchen door problems (1 Viewer)

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Hi all, Anyone had any problem with the fit of their curved kitchen base cabinet door in their Autotrail. Ours is a Chieftain, but its fitted to a few layouts. It just doesnt fit properly. The dealer, Baldwins, are trying their best, but 2 new doors sent by Autotrail are just as bad if not worse than the original. If you have, what fix did you end up with?
Alternatively has anyone got one that does fit properly and live North West, near Preston so I could have a look at what it should be like!!

Cheers, Bob

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Ours didn't either always 'drooping' as it were,first tried to,gently! Re shape it,tea towel over top to prevent it closing right up,then wedge bottom to reshape it for a few days.
Cured it for a few months but gradually dropped.I have now re shaped it and put a magnetic catch at the botom.
Ours is 2010 van so panels etc are probably a bit stronger from what people say.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
20141111_083505.jpg 20141111_083610.jpg 20141111_083644.jpg
Bit dark for photos but you get the idea!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I bolted mine on as it fell off I have also fitted some self adhesive rubber draught excluder to the closing edge to fill the gap and seal it when closed it is brown in colour and hardly shows I then adjusted the catch to fasten correctly all works a treat now no rattles.could'nt be bothered with messing around with Autotrail warranty as they just re fix with the same short screws.:groan:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think ours is ok, not that I spend much time in that area:D

I will check it out on Saturday though and report back.

I am not in the NW though,

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Mines great now that I have sorted out the niggles nothing major and we love our tracker we've already done over 12,000 miles and about to leave for our 3 month winter tour to Spain.:cheers:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Mines great now that I have sorted out the niggles nothing major and we love our tracker we've already done over 12,000 miles and about to leave for our 3 month winter tour to Spain.:cheers:

Good to hear.

I love our Scout. The layout is perfect for our family(y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I suppose everyone has different ideas and expectations,but as far as I am concerned Autotrails are good vans however they do not need to loose the plot and need to inspect vehicles more thoroughly before delivery as the posts in this thread prove.We had a Cheyenne prior to this one and it was certainly finished to a higher standard.:groan:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I suppose everyone has different ideas and expectations,but as far as I am concerned Autotrails are good vans however they do not need to loose the plot and need to inspect vehicles more thoroughly before delivery as the posts in this thread prove.We had a Cheyenne prior to this one and it was certainly finished to a higher standard.:groan:

If you read the anti auto trail threads, the majority are about newer post 2009 onwards vans. I think things in general after this time were built down to a price rather than up to a quality, not only in the motor home world but in a lot of things, firms righty or wrongly cut quality so balance sheets could show profits.

A lot of skilled work persons were let go in favour of lesser skilled cheaper people.

This happened it all sorts if industries and workplaces not only manufacturing, for instance, my wife works for HMCE ( Inland Revenue) she has been threatened with redundancy twice in 5 years, had to move an office to one hour from home to stay in work, and will be taking redundancy next May. She and a load of other skilled revenue workers are being replaced by minimum pay script readers who know nothing about the Tax system, its no wonder everybody’s tax affairs are in a mess.

I think the reason auto trail seems to be singled out here is because they sell a lot of vans, are their proportion of duff vans any higher as a % of vans made than any lower volume manufacture?

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
I bolted mine on as it fell off I have also fitted some self adhesive rubber draught excluder to the closing edge to fill the gap and seal it when closed it is brown in colour and hardly shows I then adjusted the catch to fasten correctly all works a treat now no rattles.could'nt be bothered with messing around with Autotrail warranty as they just re fix with the same short screws.:groan:

Drill through the hinges and put bolts in no problem after that

I have done the same on our Comanche

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We've had our Dakota for about 18 months and we are happy with it. Our only niggle was oversized bathroom fittings and door handles. Couldn't brush our teeth without whacking our heads on the tumbler holder.......and before anyone suggests taking our teeth out before brushing them, we still have our own teeth:xgrin:

Haven't had any doors come off, but I remember getting slated on the Autotrail Owners Group on FB, when I suggested that the screws were too short!

Can anyone tell us what is the correct replacement awning light for the Dakota? Reference number or anything would be a great help. We bought what we thought was the right one but it doesn't fit.......thanks in advance.

Margaret

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back