would you fly with Malaysian Airways? (1 Viewer)

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
i believe bad things come in 3's, so the odds of another one imho are pretty high (statistically speaking).
Me and Mrs SLG are doing some intercontinental travelling and requested a change..............be just my luck that Gulf do a swannee!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Being restricted to Ryanair and Easyjet nowadays, I think am pretty safe.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
A friend has just booked a flight with them to oz for christmas, she was abit taken aback when I suggested she use a felt tip pen to write her name and postcode on each limb and her torso.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I stopped flying with them when they were fined for not having enough fuel on the flight I was on. If it had been diverted our next stop was the ground somewhere between Heathrow and the next airport. :mad:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Flew with them twice this year and had a third flight booked for a few weeks ago but due to illness wasn't able to travel.

My carrier of choice together with Finnair for Asian trips

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
bizarrely using Gulf has knocked £150 off our bill
Gulf are struggling, having been totally eclipsed by Emirates, Etihad and Qatar airways, so yes, you should be able to get a great dea. Beware, though, Bahrain Airport is a tip

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have flown with Garuda....indonesia's national airline.

If they stay in the air then anything will....both business wise and aircraft fleet.

Rubber seals between wing panel access hatch's flapping around on takeoff..bloody scarey...and presumably still flapping at 450mph +

Seats with broken recline mechanisms.......long way to Jakata sat bolt upright (not me luckily)

Overhead lockers jammed with bits of card to stop them both coming undone and to stop squeaking and rattles.

And their maintenance agreement is with KLM, the Dutch national airline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

If they stay in the air then anything will....both business wise and aircraft fleet.

Rubber seals between wing panel access hatch's flapping around on takeoff..bloody scarey...and presumably still flapping at 450mph +

Seats with broken recline mechanisms.......long way to Jakata sat bolt upright (not me luckily)

Overhead lockers jammed with bits of card to stop them both coming undone and to stop squeaking and rattles.

KLM and Air France together are on my "no fly list" thanks to some awful experiences before. Garuda are on my company's no fly list

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Malaysian are great, especially if you travel in 'better class'

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
After saying I would fly with them my air line of choice is Singapore Airline, great service, great food. We fly to NZ every year with them. (y)
I like Singapore apart from the fact they like to call you by name, 12 hours of Mr Blooker started to grate :censored:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991

-- and windows so cracked they were impossible to look through as we flew over the volcano strewn landscape!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Quantas, Air NZ, only way to go to the deep south! Deep! Deep !
Like Australasia!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Malaysian are great, especially if you travel in 'better class'
Yes - their business class is really good and better than KLM/Air France by a long way. Thankfully not paid by myself

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Not so much the airline you fly with, more the Countries you fly over.

:mask:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Employers.... Used to be in a plane almost every week going somewhere. Next scheduled one is January, 3 weeks around NE Asia, if fit for work. Otherwise my sales manager can do it!
Lazy sod. Could fly by flapping his wings, but increases the CARBON FOOTPRINT of the planet by taking the plane. :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Employers.... Used to be in a plane almost every week going somewhere. Next scheduled one is January, 3 weeks around NE Asia, if fit for work. Otherwise my sales manager can do it!
When we meet up at Gormet Meet remind me to tell you about the time I bought a 'cheap' First Class ticket to Chicago .......on Air India. Just make sure your not eating at the time though

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
When we meet up at Gormet Meet remind me to tell you about the time I bought a 'cheap' First Class ticket to Chicago .......on Air India. Just make sure your not eating at the time though
Is it one of those 'six pint' stories?? I only ask, because my wife has to be in her coffin before sunrise. :(:(

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Another no fly airline..........last flight with them left me emotionally scarred. Even worse than US Airways;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back