Dec 1, 2008
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
I folks and fellow motorhomers.::bigsmile:
My name is Tony from Middlesex and I have been caravanning and motorhoming for over 20 years now - the last 12 as a motorhomer. I joined this wonderful site a week ago and have already posted a few items, mainly on the ADRIA forum.
I have owned an Autosleeper Legend, Swift Autostratus, Swift Royal 540, a Mirage 5000 and am now enjoying an Adria Vision 677SP.
Looking forward to hearing from my fellow campers and maybe meeting up with some of you on our travels.
I have a lovely part time other half who you will no doubt see on here under the name of Womanofvision - well she had to be to tie up with me didn't she?
Keep on camping
regards
Tony:thumb:

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Welcome Manofvision, I have an Autocruise Starblazer, and have been Motorhoming just over 20 years, in fact we are off the Southport this Christmas, hope you enjoy being on here. ::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Manofvision

Welcome to MHFun. Lots of friendly folk on here.:thumb:
We are from Middlesex ourselves, the western area near to Heathrow.::bigsmile:
Hope you and your good lady wife enjoy the FUN.::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hello, welcome to the fun site, ::bigsmile:
ruth

OP
OP
Manofvision

Manofvision

Free Member
Dec 1, 2008
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Thanks to you all for your warm welcome.
To Roadtraveller, am envious, we should have been in Southport and York this week, but unfortuneately a bad back and a late hospital appointment precluded that!
To Brisey, thanks and nice to know there is somebody else near to me that shares the same hobby.
regards
Tony

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
well she had to be to tie up with me didn't she?
Tony:thumb:

Whatever turns you on, privacy of you own motor home and all that.

Do you prefer the rough hemp rope that leaves such an attractive pattern or a smooth silk one that restrains but leaves no evidence ( an excellent choice when hubby might arrive on the scene at short notice ).

They keep mentioning FUNSTERS, I'm beginning to get the picture.

Brian.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Tony, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the fun :thumb:

OP
OP
Manofvision

Manofvision

Free Member
Dec 1, 2008
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Brian,
with neither of us being married that scenario isn't a problem and the tying up was only metaphorical. We are together part time cos it suits us and we have the scars of the previous bondage of the golden ring!

We love freedom and the open road and all the wonderful places we visit as well as the genuine friendliness of most of the people we meet at the sites we stay on.

Home as they say is where you park it!

Tony

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi and welcome tony- how does the Adria compare with the Mirage? we have a Mirage 6000 and really love it.
Regards , Dave:thumb:

OP
OP
Manofvision

Manofvision

Free Member
Dec 1, 2008
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Vision versus Mirage

Hi Dave,
Nice to hear from you.
We both loved the Mirage and had some good times in the 4 years we owned it from new. The only downside with the Mirage was their outdated kit - old type loo and small fridge right next to the cooker - front seats which took forever to wind down - and a very heavy overcab bed mechanism. Also a bit of a nuisance where the end kitchen was. Ours was a 2003. We had it chipped and boy did that make a difference - we used a Van Aaken smart box - well Van Aaken are renowned for tuning and it was worth every penny of the £450 it cost. We took it off in the hope that it might fit our new Adria but it didn't, which reminds me I must get round to advertising it! My other big gripe was the side vision from the drivers seat which was heavily impaired by the side door frame.
We knew from experience that getting spares was a nightmare so when we heard that Mirage had gone bust we decided it was time to trade her in. Generally however a fairly reliable machine and a pleasure to drive. Do make sure however that you regularly lubricate all the hinges to the doors and lockers as I had two seizures and one hinge snapped on me.

We fell in love with the Vision for a variety of reasons not least of which was its up to date equipment - electric loo, Tower fridge,freezer and cooker; beautifully shaped cabinetry and of course an electrically operated front bed; Huge side locker. It competed easily with the likes of Hymer and Burstner and was also many thousands of pounds lower in price. Base vehicle was about the same as we had paid for the Mirage 4 years earlier and about £15K cheaper than the last available Mirage price. The Renault Master upon which it is based is a really nice ride and especially with the Autobox (Speedshift) option. She looks modern and the front dinette type layout with the one touch Aguti chairs makes setting up so easy.

If theres anything else youd like to know please let me know and I hope we may get to meet up with you one day.

Ending on a Mirage note I kept the original steel wheels and those huge stainless steel wheel trims as I was expecting to remove the Alloys I had had fitted - but it didn't come to pass. I am told these trims cost an arm and a leg and possibly aren't obtainable any more so again another thing to be advertised somewhere.

Seasons greetings to you and keep on camping!
regards
Tony:thumb:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back