Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
Simple answer is ......NO. Even when the threatening letters start to arrive, tell him to ignore them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Be very careful.. Rules changed recently..
My advice would be to go to the local Asda and explain he WAS shopping etc etc
Asda, like many other supermarkets, will soon quash a parking charge if it is not righteous

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
the car parks are run by a n other not the super market in Scotland (fife) m/h parked in two bays go a ticket returned to store showed is bill got the ticket cancelled if you shopped no problem if you did not ho s**t lol ray

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Why?

Is it a Rover? :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
No, because when the ticket comes, it's addressed to the dog! The dog cant read, so the wife will open it and read it to the dog. the dog will then....................Oh bugger it. :(:(:(:(

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
these tickets cant be enforced so dont pay it
Sorry but they ARE now.
It all changed a while ago .. Folk are now ending up in court over them..
Up until the change what you are saying was indeed correct, but no longer..
Folk just do not seem to be aware of the extremely deep doodoo someone can get in to ( fiscally ) now and are STILL, almost a year later, still handing out the same advice !! :rolleyes:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Sorry but they ARE now.
It all changed a while ago .. Folk are now ending up in court over them..
Up until the change what you are saying was indeed correct, but no longer..
Folk just do not seem to be aware of the extremely deep doodoo someone can get in to ( fiscally ) now and are STILL, almost a year later, still handing out the same advice !! :rolleyes:
So what they going to do John, cut your nuts off??

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes, they are enforced as breach of contract but can still be enforced. It all depends on how far the company wishes to go and on the response of the ticket recipient.
But what if you didn't sign a contract? So what happens??/ Letter, court....(Civil, I would imagine), judgement......You don't pay, the bailiffs come, but you wife owns everything........What then??

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know where all you people shop, can't think of a supermarket around here that even charges for parking , apart from asda in uttoxeter then it's only a pound for two hours and you get that back when you give them the ticket at the till, tesco , uttoxeter, Meir, longton , no charge ,lidl uttoxeter no charge, aldi , Meir no charge , morisons, asda cheadle no charge, what's the difference?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
But what if you didn't sign a contract? So what happens??/ Letter, court....(Civil, I would imagine), judgement......You don't pay, the bailiffs come, but you wife owns everything........What then??
Under present law be it common law wife or official, all things in a shared marital abode are considered ( again in law ) as the property or either and both partners.. That nice little loophole was closed about 5 years ago ( from what I can remember but that time frame could be miles out )

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
No, because when the ticket comes, it's addressed to the dog! The dog cant read, so the wife will open it and read it to the dog. the dog will then....................Oh bugger it. :(:(:(:(
A husband, one bright sunny morning, turns to his lovely wife, "Wife, we're going fishing this weekend, you, me and the dog."

The wife grimaces, "But I don't like fishing!"

"Look! We're going fishing and that's final."

"Do I have to go fishing with you... I really don't want to go!"

"Right I'll give you three choices...
1 You come fishing with me and the dog...
2 You give me a BLOW JOB....
3 or you take it up the ass!"

The wife grimaces again, "But I don't want to do any of those things!"

"Wife I've given you three options.. You'll HAVE to do one of them! I'm going to the garage to sort out my fishing tackle, when I come back I expect you to have made up your mind!"

The wife sits and thinks about it.

Twenty minutes later her husband comes back, "Well! What have you decided? FISHING with me and the dog, BLOW JOB, or ass?"

The wife complains some more and finally makes up her mind, "O.K. I'll give you a blow job!"

"Great!" He says and drops his pants.

The wife is on her knees doing the business. Suddenly she stops, looks up at her Husband, "Oh! It tastes absolutely disgusting... It tastes all shitty!"

"Yes!" says her husband "The dog didn't want to go fishing either."

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
It used to be that the company could only claim for "loss" of income so an overstayer could argue that a "charge" of £60 - £100 could not considered reasonable if the company took it to court. As a result they did not pursue the matter.

Has the position changed so that it IS now considered reasonable to make such a charge?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
This country needs a superhero to tackle these parking thieves! A Shiftzz in tights and a mask, swooping down from tall commercial premises, fighting for the poor repressed out of town motorist/shopper. (y)(y)(y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don't know where all you people shop, can't think of a supermarket around here that even charges for parking , apart from asda in uttoxeter then it's only a pound for two hours and you get that back when you give them the ticket at the till, tesco , uttoxeter, Meir, longton , no charge ,lidl uttoxeter no charge, aldi , Meir no charge , morisons, asda cheadle no charge, what's the difference?
Most supermarkets make no charge but (like the case in the OP) the free parking is time limited, the reason being that if it wasn't then the car park would be filled with commuters and/or general shoppers and customers of the store in question would have difficulty parking and shopping there. Supermarkets and other companies provide car parks to encourage people to use them and for no other reason.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It used to be that the company could only claim for "loss" of income so an overstayer could argue that a "charge" of £60 - £100 could not considered reasonable if the company took it to court. As a result they did not pursue the matter.

Has the position changed so that it IS now considered reasonable to make such a charge?
A similar defence could still be raised but since the change in the law companies can add administrative costs. When the resulting amount isn't much different from the size of a fine levied by a local authority then the defence is less easy to sustain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back