Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Well my new toy and xmas pressie to myself came Wednesday,,, ::bigsmile:

It was filthy when it arrived, so have now spent the day cleaning both the truck and the 5er,, had an LPG conversion done, so hopefully will be able to afford to go away a bit.. :winky:

To all those who gave advise and help regarding the problems I was having with the aerial and trying to tune the big telly in,,
I expect some might have guessed, but as the trailer was a brand new import with telly already fitted,, the US of A has a different signal to the UK,, hence the small UK telly worked but the new one would not,, took a telly off the wall from one of the spare bedrooms connected that and hey presto a super picture,, freeview is a bit iffy but terrestial is ok, but as I said we are in a poor area for freeview even in the house with a super dooper booster..

Anyway enough of my ramblings here are a couple of photo`s,, one I was pretending to be on holiday in the hot heat.. (canopy out).. :ROFLMAO:

Again thanks for all your help now and in the past.
It truly is a terrific club.. :thumb:

Attachments

• P1050209.jpg
    P1050209.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 96
  • P1050217.jpg
    P1050217.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 96

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Fabulous outfit:thumb:

If you go sky why not keep ther US TV's and use a scart lead.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
WOW OLD-MO THATS THE DOGS DANGLY BITS,HOW LONG IS IT ?LOOKS ABOUT 30' IN THE PICS,KEEP US POSTED HOW YOU GET ON WITH IT.:thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Fabulous outfit:thumb:

If you go sky why not keep ther US TV's and use a scart lead.

"John" you are just trying to confuse a confused silly old b*stard.. :winky:

How will that work then ? I just thought it was because the Americans were on a different system and it will not work with our sky box & card if it does not work on UK terestial and Freeview.. We will be taking our box and card when we are on the continent but not that bothered in the uk..

Thanks for your input.. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
"John" you are just trying to confuse a confused silly old b*stard.. :winky:

How will that work then ? I just thought it was because the Americans were on a different system and it will not work with our sky box & card if it does not work on UK terestial and Freeview.. We will be taking our box and card when we are on the continent but not that bothered in the uk..

Thanks for your input.. :thumb:

I cant see why it caant work on Sky.

I ditched mine then thought what a chump:Doh:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
WOW OLD-MO THATS THE DOGS DANGLY BITS,HOW LONG IS IT ?LOOKS ABOUT 30' IN THE PICS,KEEP US POSTED HOW YOU GET ON WITH IT.:thumb:

Hi Tink,
The trailer is approx 31ft long and then the bit of the truck that sticks out,, so I suppose about 40ft ish..
Not quite as long as my old MH and four wheeled car trailer, that came out well over 43 foot. At the moment I would sooner have a 13ft trailer behind a 30ft motorhome, I found my old rig was a doddle to reverse,, but as soon as you turn with this thing you loose contact with the rear of the trailer,, so a reversing camera has been ordered. :thumb:

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Mo............Congratulations, that looks fabulous and I am sure you will have some great times travelling all around.:thumb::thumb:

I am green with envy :Sad:

Nice One

Rob

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
I cant see why it caant work on Sky.

I ditched mine then thought what a chump:Doh:

Every possibility that it would work on sky,, but we would have to keep swopping the TV`s over if we did not want to take the sky box,, cos the yanky one dont work of the aerial or the freeview box that came with the 5er,, spose someone who was more switched on than me could sort it out,, but I have just spent a day n a half trying,, So as long as it all works that will do me..

John if you want the telly (American one) you are quite welcome to it.. (could not find any instruction manuals with all the paperwork) but my misses said they are all of a muchness,, as I said if you want it you are more than welcome,, if you know anybody that comes to weymouth they can pick it up,, other than that I will bring it to the first meet,, not sure when that will be though...:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Every possibility that it would work on sky,, but we would have to keep swopping the TV`s over if we did not want to take the sky box,, cos the yanky one dont work of the aerial or the freeview box that came with the 5er,, spose someone who was more switched on than me could sort it out,, but I have just spent a day n a half trying,, So as long as it all works that will do me..

John if you want the telly (American one) you are quite welcome to it.. (could not find any instruction manuals with all the paperwork) but my misses said they are all of a muchness,, as I said if you want it you are more than welcome,, if you know anybody that comes to weymouth they can pick it up,, other than that I will bring it to the first meet,, not sure when that will be though...:thumb:

No I swapped mine over and dont bother with digital TV as use Sky all the time as so easy to set up and can use it all over Europe (not that I'll get there much now) had a hell of a job finding one to fit the alcove:Doh::RollEyes:

Twas just a thought and ta for the offer:thumb:

My bus has a sputnik type US thinghy on it which is useless with UK TV.

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Just seen your good news. It looks a beauty. :Smile:

Now enjoy. ::bigsmile:

Al & Gill

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
TV.....sound like the old NTSC versus PAL game to me. I'm no techi on this but US uses NTSC we/Europe as a rule use PAL, it's to do with transmission protercoly what not.

The two wont interact and some, not all increasingly, TVs, DVD player, sat/freeview boxes only do one format.

Could be wrong????

Ran into this many moons ago with a digi camera I bought in Canada, got home and plugged into telly and all I could get was a ghostly black and white blizzard scene!!

Like the 5ver and truck:thumb:

Agh, just noticed this has already been discussed on the 'televisions' thread, doh!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back