Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Auto cruiser Stardream
Exp
Hi Everybody,

We are Newbies based in Dorset. Do you have any recommendations for days out or short weekends this time of year?

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Hello and welcome from Scotland:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
We often drive to Dorset:)(love Bodiam) but I suppose you would want a change.
Seriously, try http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ loads of places and you can search for whatever type of place you fancy.
Oh, and welcome to the nuthouse.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Hi welcome to Fun, if you go through the rally sections there are a couple of rallies coming your way next year. I don't know what the availability is but there is normally a reserve list and is a good way to meet new members.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Getting my Dorsets and Sussex's mixed up. Or my Bodiam's and Corfe's:) Profuse apologies.:notworthy: I'll go back to sleep now.:sleep:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Hi.. what sort of distance and what sort of trip...

And welcome.. I'm a relative Newby as well...

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
The new fprest is one of our favourite day trips in the camper.. haven't slept there yet tho...

Deleted User
Hello and welcome
Don't hear of many Geordies in Dorset.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hi and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Everybody,

We are Newbies based in Dorset. Do you have any recommendations for days out or short weekends this time of year?
Hi and welcome to the fun--- We are off to Sandy Balls in fordingbridge MH 2 adults 2 dogs EHU hardstanding 3 nights mid week £30 very reasonable i thought, just a bit more for weekends though

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello and welcome from Poole. We have done some weekends to Bath, Wells, Lymington and Burton Bradstock. Enjoyed themall....maybe with the exception of Wells which was a fabulous adult only site. I couldn't get my head around people who were actually washing their vans on site, roof and all !!!!!!!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
New Forest is very picturesque, also I if you do make your way to the forest, stop in at Hockeys farm, the absolute best proper organic farm shop in the country!
I would also recommend getting out to Swanage area, Norden or Ulwell caravan park are good places to start. Norden being convenient for Corfe Castle.

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
Birchwood Touring Park at Wareham is open all year we have stopped there a good few times great if you like walking in the forest

OP
OP
G

Geordie Road Runner

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Auto cruiser Stardream
Exp
Thanks for all the replies,
Yes we are Geordies & have been living in Dorset for nearly 20 years but always manage to get back to the North East for the Great North Run every year, hence "Geordie Road Runner"
What we are looking for over the next few weeks are places to go to for a day trip, the weekends will start next year.

Deleted User
Yes we are Geordies & have been living in Dorset for nearly 20 years but always manage to get back to the North East for the Great North Run every year, hence "Geordie Road Runner"
What we are looking for over the next few weeks are places to go to for a day trip, the weekends will start next year.
Most Geordies I know eventually return back home. Must be the lure of the Bigg Market, bottle of dog and the stotties.

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK

(y)
Hello my friend, don't know where you are in Dorset but we are in Ferndown, if you fancy a pub lunch and talk about MH give us a shout:wine:

David

motown-mickey

Free Member
Nov 22, 2014
Dorset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt Bessacar E760
Exp
8 years
Lytchett Manor open all year (I think...) bus stop literally outside gate; buses to Poole, Wareham, Swanage, and on X53 all stops to Exeter on the Jurassic Route. Nice pub within walking distance which offers free bottle of wine ! Live only half an hour away but we are regulars.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back