Its not nice putting your hand in your own........ (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We went to a rastro yesterday, and me being me always looking for a bargain, ;) come across a C250 toilet cassette the same one as we have on the camper and caravan. :)
So it's how much, he said € 10 pulled a face thinking that's cheap, say to Janie offer him € 8 :rolleyes: I must have had the face on still, because he said OK dos she said € 2 (y) what a bargain.
Got the rubber gloves on today and its better than the ones we have.:LOL:
Only JJ will know just how important this is for us. :Eeek::rofl:

Also picked up another Cepsa gas bottle, paid € 6, and sold it today for €11, (y)
:D Bob.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Bob,

What's a rastro?

Keith :unsure:
Yes a car boot/ flea market veg market you can find all sorts of stuff at them.:eek:
Well Bob and Janie...

If that is not a "sign" I don't know what is!

:rofl:

JJ :cool:
:Eeek: How long do you think to fill it. :ROFLMAO:

I hope on your return you'll declare your profit to you know who:LOL:

Phil........... After many years of running our own business we never ever made a profit. :eek:
;) It's only wine money, and that happens to be cheap. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
We went to a rastro yesterday, and me being me always looking for a bargain, ;) come across a C250 toilet cassette the same one as we have on the camper and caravan. :)
So it's how much, he said € 10 pulled a face thinking that's cheap, say to Janie offer him € 8 :rolleyes: I must have had the face on still, because he said OK dos she said € 2 (y) what a bargain.

Also picked up another Cepsa gas bottle, paid € 6, and sold it today for €11, (y)
Are you allowed to call them that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I love the rastros and we have 3 close by, Jalon. El Cisne and La Nucia. Have found some really good bargains over the years. Amongst the junk is some real quality stuff. There seems to be a great interest in brass in Spain in recent years and rastro dealers will pay good money for Brass items brought from the UK. Repro horse brasses can be picked up for pennies at car boots in the UK and converted very nicely in Spain. I exchanged a shoe box of repro horse brasses that cost about £6 last year for 4 quality lighters, 2 ST, Dupont and 2 Dunhill.

OP
OP
bobandjanie

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Your right about bargains Dave we have a couple come here every winter, they have a motorhome and a van, and earn a living buying and taking it back, I don't know if it's France or the UK because they have property in both and have a shop somewhere. (y) Bob.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Your right about bargains Dave we have a couple come here every winter, they have a motorhome and a van, and earn a living buying and taking it back, I don't know if it's France or the UK because they have property in both and have a shop somewhere. (y) Bob.

I had a good friend who unfortunately is no longer with us. He was French but lived in Belgium. He spent his winters in Benidorm and did all the rastros locally each week. He would only buy small items that he could take home in the spring and he had a stall in a large flee market in Belgium where he sold the items he had bought in Spain during the winter. He once told me that his markup was never less than 300%. He only did it as a hobby and to give him an interest during his stay in the winter sun.

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp

The police reckon its stolen but at the moment they have nothing to go on Boom! Boom! hope your having a great time Rod & Mar

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Poor old Mo he is always the brunt of most jokes. I heard that he gave the bloke a penny used the loo and walked off contented.

Hey this has become a toilet thread. 👍🏼👍🏼😂😂

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Hey, its
Poor old Mo he is always the brunt of most jokes. I heard that he gave the bloke a penny used the loo and walked off contented.

hey it’s become nearly 8 years old 😄

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Took eight years though

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
My best car boot bargain was a soda stream, (yea yea.. in know), lifted it up.. felt its weight and offered £1.00. Yep OK says he.. picked it up, unscrewed gas bottle and but soda stream body back on stall and walked away... result... spare gas bottle which I could then exchange for a full one.... Would have cost an extra £15 on top of exchange rate for a new one without one to exchange.

Oct 22, 2020
God's Own County
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H592
Exp
Since 2018
Best bargain on Ebay, bought a greenhouse heater for £45 which came with a full 6kg Calor gas bottle, kept bottle and resold the heater for £50............result

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back