Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
This has been my first year of owning a motorhome and what a year it has been. I have travelled an amazing 10,000 miles. Going from Skye to Ipres and loads of places inbetween. I have had a few problems on the way, but nothing major. Unfortunately my wife is not so keen on motorhoming , but my dog Merlin loves it.

Although I am semi-retired, I work 20 hours a week, I would like to be a full timer.

I have gained loads of knowledge by stalking the forums, usually with a glass of red. It is the best£10 you could spend.

I would like to thank you all for your input to my happy travels.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
With you on the red stuff :)
I`m still saving / looking for MH with much resistance from other half, I`ve not convinced her yet despite a ten night tour in a hired MH around Brittany in June, me and the pooch loved it, she tollerated it. Do you have any tips I can use to convince her this is the way forward ?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Chris...just tell her you are buying one. On reflection I bought a van that is too big, it is a 4 berth Apache, but I love it.

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I can't wait to get my new to me van-- I've already planned trips to Cornwall and Dorset and I'm looking at the National Eisteddfod for next summer. Can't imagine any other type of holiday now.
It's most definitely the best way to travel.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Lord Mac, that's a impressive mileage in your first year, hope your wife grows to enjoy it as much as you. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
My OH loves it I think.. not as much as me though.. mhomeing gives me a chance to do everything I like doing.. tinkering with engines, showing off with gadgets, driving, exploring, meeting people, spending me and her time and chalking up lists of things I've done. For her it is less those things and more just a chance to get away from it all a bit more often than we would if we didn't have a camper.

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
We both love it for the flexibility and I have to say the costs.............which beat 'normal' holidays hands down. If we don't like it here...............let's move on. Luckily we are both hooked, must be a bit difficult when one of the team is not convinced. Good luck!(y)

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
This has been my first year of owning a motorhome and what a year it has been. I have travelled an amazing 10,000 miles. Going from Skye to Ipres and loads of places inbetween. I have had a few problems on the way, but nothing major. Unfortunately my wife is not so keen on motorhoming , but my dog Merlin loves it.

Although I am semi-retired, I work 20 hours a week, I would like to be a full timer.

I have gained loads of knowledge by stalking the forums, usually with a glass of red. It is the best£10 you could spend.

I would like to thank you all for your input to my happy travels.
What a great 1st year(y)

We both love being in the mh as opposed to our caravan.

Have you asked your wife what would make it better for her? (sorry to be personal - and all the naughty boys at the back can be quiet:p)

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We both love going away in the Motorhome. Whether for Our regular weekend trips or a longer holidays .
But neither of us would like to full time. I'm glad we're singing off the same hymn sheet , so to say.

I agree with Mr Ed, if your wife's not really into it maybe 10k in one years a bit too much driving about , and not enough chilling and seeing the places your visiting. If your wanting to full time you need to work on getting her to enjoy motorhoming.......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not all the 10k was with my wife coming along. My dog any I have made numerous trips together. I have asked my wife where she would prefer to go, but does not come up with answers. There is probably more to this than as I am prepared to go into. We have even been to an airport where she tried to drive the van and she really enjoyed it. She has also enjoyed driving on motorways, so she odd not always a passenger.

Hey ho I will continue to have adventure after adventure, just me and the dog.

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Well my OH has just told me she loves it as much as me but not for the same reasons so I am relieved.. also turns out she lives driving it so I am going to load it up with beer now :D

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My ex wife didn't much care for motorhoming. She always said that I spent too much time travelling and not enough chilling. I think it was actually me she didn't like.
Current SWMBO likes it, though I suspect less than me as we have to go and stay in a hotel or a cruise at least once a year.

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
My ex wife didn't much care for motorhoming. She always said that I spent too much time travelling and not enough chilling. I think it was actually me she didn't like.
Current SWMBO likes it, though I suspect less than me as we have to go and stay in a hotel or a cruise at least once a year.
Oh that's real hardship for you:LOL::LOL:
If you don't want to go on a cruise I'm happy to go in your place(y)

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Well, pick my first MH tomorrow, don't think I'll sleep much tonight:Eeek:
SHMBO has already packed some gear as we are stopping on the dealers camp site overnight. We don't pick it up until 2.30 and I didn't fancy the A1 and M62 at peak time in the dark for my first outing.
Anyway gourmet rally on 28th will be first proper outing and then as soon as possible after that off to Spain and Portugal hopefully before Christmas::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Well, pick my first MH tomorrow, don't think I'll sleep much tonight:Eeek:
SHMBO has already packed some gear as we are stopping on the dealers camp site overnight. We don't pick it up until 2.30 and I didn't fancy the A1 and M62 at peak time in the dark for my first outing.
Anyway gourmet rally on 28th will be first proper outing and then as soon as possible after that off to Spain and Portugal hopefully before Christmas::bigsmile:
Good luck for today - exciting times ahead(y)

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Haven't got internet for long but so far so good very pleased with the MH and the dealers service. Even S HMBO is enjoying, but there again we are indulging in her favourite pass time.
Drinking Real Cask Ale:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
Thanks Debs,
Managed to get it home in one peice now to order all the bits we'll need:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back