would you let a stranger...... (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
would you let a stranger use your motorhome toilet ?:eek:
Ruth

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
A complete stranger ? Well if there's an emergency yes of course ... I'll just be cleaning once the person has left.
I can't see myself saying no to someone asking. I always have chlorine at disposal ;)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Only if they promised to leave it cleaner than when they found it. :LOL:

Errrrrrrrrr, no. :D

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I think that depends totally on the circumstances, what if it was a distraught mother wanting to clean up a child.

Reluctantly yes..........Strange question though

OP
OP
tinhat
Nov 13, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
3 years and not long enough
I had this dilemma last week at Portsmouth whilst waiting to board the ferry to Santander. A Spanish woman from a car asked if she could have a p**s in our toilet. I said that there were toilets next to the security area. She seemed to think that they were closed but I noticed that they were being used when we drove by. She went away a bit unhappy at my answer but she didn't go to any of the other motorhomes in the queue. As there were 4 other people in her car, I didn't really want our van being used as a public convenience. So I just wondered what anyone else would have done.
Ruth

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
A bit iffy to the rubber seals of the cassette.

Brian I didn't say I would put chlorine IN the bowl. I have a special sponge and I just wipe the SEAT properly. Now I always protect the seal with a spray of silicone! Hey ... I've been with a rufty tufty one .... He taught me lots ! So I still use chlorine, but I protect the seal! (y)(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Only done it once, we were parked in a lay by and about 20 Lamberetta scooters pulled up, Ed naturally got out to have a look at them, there were some beauty's .

One poor girl was nearly crying wanting a wee, her boyfriend very politely asked if we could let her use our loo, I said yes, never had the occasion to since and certainly would not without good reason. But it could have been one of my daughters and I would like to think someone would help them if they were in a strange situation.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
A complete stranger ? Well if there's an emergency yes of course ... I'll just be cleaning once the person has left.
I can't see myself saying no to someone asking. I always have chlorine at disposal ;)(y)

Note to self: French Demoiselle has Chloroform at her disposal
(Wondered how JJ got caught) ??:ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
I had this dilemma last week at Portsmouth whilst waiting to board the ferry to Santander. A Spanish woman from a car asked if she could have a p**s in our toilet. I said that there were toilets next to the security area. She seemed to think that they were closed but I noticed that they were being used when we drove by. She went away a bit unhappy at my answer but she didn't go to any of the other motorhomes in the queue. As there were 4 other people in her car, I didn't really want our van being used as a public convenience. So I just wondered what anyone else would have done.
Ruth

Well I understand what you mean . It could have been a way to see what was inside the van . I guess with a woman , I would have stayed in the van, never mind politeness and discreteness, I would have stayed in to be sure she had no time to open any wardrobe or drawer. With a man I might have been less understanding and said NO.
But I can't really be sure as I have never been in this situation . It's always very easy to say I'd do this or that, but once it happens , you might react differently, just because you didn't give it a thought before!

Last edited:

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
There was some video of this years Tour de France where a rider with a gippy tummy asked a spectator if he could use his loo and quickly disappeared inside the motorhome

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
A couple of years ago we were in a two hour standing traffic jam on the m25 when two young ladies in a car alongside asked us if they could use ours , we never hesitated and let them, would never of dreamed of saying no

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
If there were no public toilets available, then yes, probably and in theory. I know how it feels to be caught short with no loos available.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Ruth
In this situation I would say no too, for all the OP knew there could be stashing drugs in there van but I also think you would need to judge each situation as it happen. :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Ruth
in that no as sad before drugs posibile

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back