swift plans (1 Viewer)

slurps2

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
wales
Funster No
hi do anyone now you I can get hold of the build plans of a swift lifestyle 590rs motorhome or a site to down load the plans

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
its extremely unlikely that swift, or any other manufacturer, would release that sort of info to the general public. it will involve copyright laws ect.:RollEyes:

just imagine how many selfbuilders would be running around in a brade new swift bolero for a fraction of the price.:ROFLMAO:
i emailed swift to find the location of the wooden strengtheners in the rear panel for ladder fitment, the reply was 'visit your local swift dealer who will be happy to fit the ladder for you'.

john.

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
ii emailed swift to find the location of the wooden strengtheners in the rear panel for ladder fitment, the reply was 'visit your local swift dealer who will be happy to fit the ladder for you'.

john.

There you are John come down and see us this weekend, mulled wine and mince pies as well and Glenn will tell you where your wooden bits are:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
What exactly do you need to know , Swift monitor this forum and may be able to help.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
its extremely unlikely that swift, or any other manufacturer, would release that sort of info to the general public. it will involve copyright laws ect.:RollEyes:

John, I am intriged that copyright could be involved! can you explain to me how?

Doug.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
hi do anyone now you I can get hold of the build plans of a swift lifestyle 590rs motorhome or a site to down load the plans

It depends what exactly you want. There's no way you'll get full plans in a month of sundays, but specific information for a GOOD reason is possible.
EG
I Have an Abbey Spectum Caravan at the mo' (part of the Swift Group) and wanted a bike rack fitting to the rear.
My dealer point blank refused (even tho' Swift state on thier website that "strong points" have been built into the rear wall for just this reason) stating problems with interior trim and warantee.
I contacted Swift who said "rubish"
I contacted the dealer again, who said "tell THEM" to come and fit it then"
I contacted Swift again and politely told them that I'd had enough of being b*ggered about by the pair of them and asked for the engineering drawing for the back panel (showing the EXACT centres of the strong point) so that I could safely fit one myself and STUFF the warantee!
It arrived in the post 3 days later.::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

John, I am intriged that copyright could be involved! can you explain to me how?

Doug.

hi doug,

im only assuming swift would have taken out copyright on the design features of the build. OK, they're all built the same way but not to the same spec.

probably wrong but it sounded like i knew what i was talking about. :Blush::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
S

slurps2

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
wales
Funster No
I need to find out whats behind the panels of the walls and Ceiling.

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
The method of construction of the walls is an outer skin of GRP or Aluminium bonded to polystyrene / styrofoam with a decorative plyboard internally. There will be metal plates bonded into the construction , this is where furniture etc is fixed to. Roof construction will be pretty much the same but depending on model / year, may have an aluminium covering that is not bonded on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back