bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we went and had 4 tyres on the car today. We got them through a internet site.

tyres online @ mytyres.co.uk: cheap passenger tyres, summer tyres, winter tyres and tyre dealer

When we got there the chap said, they are a waste of time these web sites, I can do them cheaper.:RollEyes: Oh how much then, tap tap tap on the calculator, £25.00 cheaper for the 4 tyres, (£165) wow thats a first. :roflmto:

But our local tyre company, that we have used for many years on all our cars, said 4 tyres all inc was £286.00 .

Look on the Mytyres site. £190.00 all inc for the same tyres.:winky: they got the custom.

Now for the test, a few months ago, we had 4 Tyres on the Motorhome, we got them through :

Cheap Tyre Prices | Dunlop Goodyear Pirelli | Discount Car Tyres | Tyre Shopper

So we said to mr anti tyres on the web man. I need some tyres on my camper,(a little fib like he was telling me) can you give me a price, told him what tyres we had already fitted a few months ago, to be told he could not give me a price on those, as they are a new tyre out, and although they are on the web site, they are not in this country until the end of December. Well we were gob smacked, what do you make of that.:Doh::Smile: Bob.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Same story Bob

I searched on line for four tyres for the toad, best price about £160 from MY Tyres, total cost including fitting, balancing etc.

Armed with this info I called National tyres, their price was £185 , same tyres, when I said I could do better online they said, no problem, order online and we will fit for that price..

So, I said, you have these in stock? yes sir, book online now and have them fitted tomorrow,

but, i said, if you fit at that price why do I have to go online to book.. can't you do that now , no sir, you MUST book online.. or pay £185 ..

It's all beyond me ..:Doh:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi all
Booking on line gives them more time to arrange a fitting time and date thats conveinient to them as they would rather know when you are coming in rather than you turn up out of the blue. Its all down to costings i think.

It was the same for my car insurance. The renewal one year was £150 dearer to renew than it was to start again online with the same company.

It is daft i know.
Phill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi all
Booking on line gives them more time to arrange a fitting time and date thats conveinient to them as they would rather know when you are coming in rather than you turn up out of the blue. Its all down to costings i think.

The same thing can be done over the phone for a tyre fitting as can be done on line, .. arrange a date and time to suit them, I suggested as much.. but it costs more .. can't figure that out .. :RollEyes:

doing insurance on-line might be cheaper due to lower admin. costs.. that I understand.

Anyone in the tyre business who can explain ?

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Online searching for tyre prices?? :whatthe:

Booking online??? :whatthe:

Phoning??? :whatthe:

Blimey!!!!!!!! What are all you guys doing??? :whatthe:

I've been using the same local tyre fitter for the past ten years now. Crummy little dump up a tiny back street. One 4 poster lift and piles of tyres and exhausts cluttering up what little space is left, along with a bunch of fast 'no messin' about' lads who will have your new tyre or exhaust on in minutes.

No booking needed......people just turn up and are prepared to wait because his prices are unbeatable.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I had all sorts of problems getting tyres for the Ram, I finished up buying from Sinton Tyres on line and getting a deal to fit at a local tyre fitter. When I told Sinton where the tyres were to be delivered, they told me that they had an account, I asked the tyre fitter why he did not sell me the tyres, he said that he couldn't match the price that I was given by Sinton!!!!!!!! Make some sense of that!!!!!!!!! Do Sinton give everyone trade price??????
I got no sales *rap from Sinton and they seem to know about US & RV stuff. Sorry to go on, but give credit for good service!!
Nigel & Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back