Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Brownpiles

Other than the trauma that all the customers will inevitably be put through:Sad:, in my opinion, if this is correct, it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.

With any justice they will never blight the leisure industry with their cavalier attitudes again - though, cynic that I am - I'm sure somebody else will be only too willing to carry the torch for customer dissatisfaction.

Hooray for the good guys, sez I. We (think we're pretty sure we) know who they are. :thumb:::bigsmile:

John
I should make it clear that I have, and have had. no connection with this company.

(I just heard about the problems:thumbdown::swear:)

slurps2

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
wales
Funster No
brownhill

where did you get that info from ???????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
where did you get that info from ???????

Somebody on the campsite who bought a new van from them a few months ago asked me if I'd heard anything. :Smile:

I thought I'd ask on the forum as if it's true somebody on here will have heard.
:roflmto:

If no-one has heard anything then I will tell the couple so!:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Don't touch brownhills with a bargepole !! i got my experience through buying a vehicle through them ! once they have the money, THATS IT !!!! :Doh:

verity23

Free Member
Sep 20, 2008
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 Years
Hi

Yes! I purchased our first m/h from Brownhills and would never ever use them again. I hope they have gone bust, apart from some of there employee's.
You are right, got your money---good bye!!!!
I do believe "what goes around comes around"

Pete

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
PP are you sure he is not just confused with the recent management buyout?

slurps2

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
wales
Funster No
My brother phoned them and they told him if it was true she would not be speaking to him so we wait and see.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
The "rumour" cost me a lot of money that should have been done under guarantee, take it as read, don't touch them with a bargepole, listen to those with experience of their failings ! :Doh:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Penelope....you asked the question and you have had the replies, so just pass the information on ! then let them decide on the outcome. i just wish that i had had the information supplied by the funsters before i embarked on the journey to cannock ! :Angry:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
personally I am with Steve, I would not touch them with a BP.

However what I would find difficult is as to why would the banks pull the plug? The only assests are in their well overpriced stock. Therefore the bank/receiver would be clawing very little back. It would make more commercial sense for a massive downsizing operation and of course a buyout by a more reputable firm.

Or are we in these really troubled times likely to see manufactures selling their own brands on forecourts? the likes of Hymer taking over and sellingtheir product direct at smaller outlets?

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Penelope....you asked the question and you have had the replies, so just pass the information on ! then let them decide on the outcome. i just wish that i had had the information supplied by the funsters before i embarked on the journey to cannock ! :Angry:

Will do Steve:Smile:

Thanks everyone!:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Or are we in these really troubled times likely to see manufactures selling their own brands on forecourts? the likes of Hymer taking over and selling their product direct at smaller outlets?

I dont think that you are likely to see that happening frankly. Dont know about Hymer but I cannot see the British converters doing it.

Peter

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I dont think that you are likely to see that happening frankly. Dont know about Hymer but I cannot see the British converters doing it.

Peter

Obviously Im sure you would not like to see that happening JC, but it could be quite an interesting concept.

Just off to south wales to the Hymer dealer, or off up to Birmingham to see the Swift range. At least one things for sure, you would know where you went for your warrenty, a bit like if I have a ford and it breaks down it goes to a ford garage regardless.

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, I think Mercedes did something like that a few years ago with there franchised dealer network

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
or off up to Birmingham to see the Swift range..

Come and see us this weekend, eight 2009 Swifts on display plus plenty of other new Swifts and a good selection of pre-owned

AND mulled wine and mince pies with a free prize draw thrown in for good measure:Eeek:

Peter

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bank decisions never do make sense, when you dont need money they are trying to throw it at you when you do need it its not at all or half (half fritters away sadly)

Many good businesses be ruined by banks especially nowadays with business branches are run by morons who are dependant on a computer or have no power to make decision.

In the old days the managers made decision (much better)

Now this has nowt to do with Brownhills but someone mentioned banks:Doh:

Last edited:

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
I've had two invitations to join them for a Christmas lunch so maybe it is just a rumour!

Pronto

Free Member
Nov 17, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I guess I'm in a minority here, but I've bought two 'vans from them and had pretty good service on both :whatthe:

My last buy was in May and the 'van I traded in is still with them and now reduced to the price they gave me - so even if they get that price they've lost the interest they would have got on £20,000 in 7 months of the profit on the van they sold me. The one I bought was discounted by £2,000 ('cos they'd had it for several months) to a level pretty much the same as the same van on private sale.

So although I'm reasonably happy with their service (as I said I'm in a minority!!) I wouldn't invest any money in them:RollEyes:

Oscarmax

Free Member
Oct 22, 2008
Funster No
MH
Coach
Exp
may 2008
:ROFLMAO:brownhills atempted to offer me help at the Caravan Show, like most senseble people, I ignored them.

Their old site has been taken over by Discovery, the staff there told me brownhills treated them like dirt.

Last edited:

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Kept pestering me with details of their offers to me as a Member. Finally I emailed them stating I was not a member but they would have my details as I had approached them over warranty work. Asked them to remove my details got a reply back informing me my details had been removed and a sarcastic comment about we do not repair vans for free.:Eeek:

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
When we lived near to Brownhills in Newark we learned quite a lot about them. They do not own any of the new motorhomes in their showroom - all sale or return. No business in Newark or surrounding area will trade with them because they do not pay their bills. Each time we took our motorhome back to them for warranty repairs they managed to put two other things wrong. I have a letter from Brownhills Newark which states 'warranty problems are not our responsibility'. I rest my case.
Jan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When we lived near to Brownhills in Newark we learned quite a lot about them. They do not own any of the new motorhomes in their showroom - all sale or return. No business in Newark or surrounding area will trade with them because they do not pay their bills. Each time we took our motorhome back to them for warranty repairs they managed to put two other things wrong. I have a letter from Brownhills Newark which states 'warranty problems are not our responsibility'. I rest my case.
Jan

i heard that as well !

grumpy

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
Llangollen, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Over 25 years
Well it is great to know we are not alone. Don't know about the rumours. But hope it is true....We have been with them for a number of years...At first ok. Now yuk!!!!!!!
Bought 'van in October at Birmingham show. Should have had reversing sensors on. (included in purchase price). Missing.. Phone calls,letters,e-mails..........Nothing... When new people started up, told "Nothing we can do, argument with original Brownhills. We haven't taken over the good will". Too b****y right they haven't. We are one of :RollEyes:the stupid ones you mentioned. Bought there several times over the years. BUT NOT ANYMORE...... Think we may have upset them with our complaining. No Christmas lunch invite.:RollEyes::Angry::Angry::Angry::swear: So for the price of reversing sensors they lose my custom and probably more when we explain what happened to us, after being such good customers. Funny how quite a few salesmen dissappeared to other companies lately.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Typical

Somebody on site has just asked me if I've heard anything about Brownhills going bust? Saying the banks have pulled the plug. Anyone heard anything?

If they have gone bust it will be typical of them after promising free Christmas cheer for all at it's branches.
Wiljoy

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
About Me: Signwriter self employed decided to get out of rat race at 52

Hi Wil,

Get the Trader T shirt, theres many people looking for replacement graphics on here!
:thumb:

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back