Park and Ride ? .. but Not in a MH.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think Park and Ride a great idea, but not if you want to visit Chelmsford and drive a motor home.
The P&R , just off the A12, has a height barrier of 2.1 mt.. another example of motor homes not being welcome.

Are there any more examples ? :Angry:

P

peapod

Deleted User
re motorhome parking

Jim,
I think every council in this country is getting heavy on motorhomes. Here in Portsmouth, you used to be able to park on the seafront overnight, but i see they have taken away the parking meters , great, but put up new signs saying no overnight parking for motorhomes and caravans. I can see the situation getting worse as time goes on.
jackie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I believe some park n rides will raise the barrier for you if you ask the attendant? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I believe some park n rides will raise the barrier for you if you ask the attendant? :thumb:

They may well do, but why have them in the first place, if there is an attendant why have a barrier.. ? Is it to keep the Gypsies from going shopping or re-surfacing the car park .. :RollEyes:

They (Gypsies) get the blame or are cited as the reason by councils up and down the land for banning MHs and not providing decent secure parking. :Angry:

I'm aware of the efforts to to get better facilities, but frankly, with rules and barriers, physical and legal, we are on a hiding to nothing ..

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
They may well do, but why have them in the first place, if there is an attendant why have a barrier.. ? Is it to keep the Gypsies from going shopping or re-surfacing the car park .. :RollEyes:

They (Gypsies) get the blame or are cited as the reason by councils up and down the land for banning MHs and not providing decent secure parking. :Angry:

I'm aware of the efforts to to get better facilities, but frankly, with rules and barriers, physical and legal, we are on a hiding to nothing ..

I think that is the fear. I've seen them set up camp at Morrisons Wetherby complete with washing line etc, just outside the CC site at Stockton you should have seen the mess :Eeek:
And at B&Q at Stockton.

Until our PC government makes it easier to have them moved on and abide by the same laws as the rest of us I fear the situation will sadly only deteriorate. :Angry:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I think that is the fear. I've seen them set up camp at Morrisons Wetherby complete with washing line etc, just outside the CC site at Stockton you should have seen the mess :Eeek:
And at B&Q at Stockton.

Until our PC government makes it easier to have them moved on and abide by the same laws as the rest of us I fear the situation will sadly only deteriorate. :Angry:

Hi Ken

Yes indeed, but maybe they need more and better facilities too.. I may be wrong but I thought it was a legal requirement for councils to provide camp sites for them.. in saying that I still think they are an easy get-out for councils who don't like or want motorhomes.

I recall some years ago going to Gt Yarmouth for the day, we parked up at the north end of the prom, in a legal parking bay, I hasten to add this wasn't with the RV but a 'normal' sized euro van..
As we sat enjoying a cuppa cars started to hoot their horns as they went by with the occupants making rude gestures.. needless to say we left and found a more friendly place to park.. so we never did spend any money in GY that day.. who loses out ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back