TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I think that the various modes are operated by a control unit - my guess is it's that which is faulty. Based on experience with coaches where I could never get the mechanics to fix identical fault. Not sure if the "plug-in and check" system will tell you anything if you take it to a garage though.

Sorry, best I can come up with. Must be someone else out there so at least you get a bump.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm no expert but logic says that if the motor is OK on full speed and flash by holding the switch arm up then it would point to a switch problem - that it isn't making contact properly in certain positions. I would check first whether something has just come loose and needs tightening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Mmmm, could be a multi speed motor that is not working on intermittent or speed one, could be the contacts on the stalk are dirty and not sending a signal?

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Motor I'd say
Had a problem years ago on an astra swapped the motor & all was fine.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Motor I'd say
Had a problem years ago on an astra swapped the motor & all was fine.

Yes you're probably right. The control would be built in to the motor.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi hagnaps
i had a similar issue on my rover 25 -it was the motor that was faulty -there were three copper arms on an armature that controlled the speed of the wipers, slow , intermittent and fast, that apparently wear out and can break off -especially for the lower speeds and as the lower and intermittent that are used more often -these are likely to wear first. dismantling the motor and soldering on extension pieces to the worn arms solved the problem -i don't know whether this will fix yours but may be worth a look see.:)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Every time over the years that I have had a similar problem, it was always the column switch.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Yes I've heard you have problems with your stalk Toots :D
Well, I thought in my case, that 'column' was more appropriate........However, you have a stalk if you so desire.......:)(y)(y)

Reactions: GJH

drago35uk

Free Member
Aug 25, 2009
Newhey
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Paul
On X250's manufactured in 2006 there was a recall on wiper motors. The wiper motors were replaced due to water ingress problems causing the motor to only work on one speed or not at all. There are no control boxes as previously mentioned ,all the controls are within the wiper motor housing. As yours is almost certainly manufactured in 2006 ring Fiat with the Vin about the recall as that ones FOC. If not locate another motor.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok will give them a call...although I've got one on the go on ebay

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ok, so here's the update.....
I ordered a new motor having taken Mike's advice... I checked that the recall had been done on my van and it had been. The motor arrived today and I tested it by unplugging the old one, and bingo the motor works fine. The problem is I now have to fit it, and boy this is proving a bstard of a job... dead fiddly but I have 4 screws to get out and then drop the new motor in and bingo, the amount of plastics removed is awesome.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Our wipers and washers decided to stop altogether on Saturday on our way to Eggborough CCC meet, checked out all fuses and on Sunday called the AA, very nice man tried to fix them for about 2 hours but with no joy, it is being looked at this week, but we have no idea what it is, hope it can be fixed

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
It is quite easy to test val....check power at plug no power equals switch or wiring to switch.....power at plug indicates motor....They are renowned for failing...ne one off eBay 109 pound...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It is quite easy to test val....check power at plug no power equals switch or wiring to switch.....power at plug indicates motor....They are renowned for failing...ne one off eBay 109 pound...
Glad you got it sorted Paul and thanks for that tip - could help many in the long run.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back