Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm Stef and my wife is Di and we live near St. Austell with our lovely Border Collies Ruby and Bobby. I am recently retired, Di works as an office administrator and we're both in our sixties.

We were c*r*v*a*nners for many years and moved into motorhomes about five years ago - a thing that we have never regretted. We have had two Bessacarrs, the second one has just been moved on as we wait (excitedly) for its replacement, a Hymer Starline S which is due next spring.

All of our trips have been in the U.K. but we think that we may now try touring in Europe. We use CC sites most of the time but we often live in fields,indulging in our big interest, steam engine rallies. This takes us to all corners of the U.K. and although there are several events close to us in Cornwall we usually don't bother, preferring to go further afield where we will see engines and other exhibits which we are not familiar with. However, I think our days of camping on the rally fields may be over when we get the Hymer.

We are pleased to have discovered this forum; it seems to be a really friendly place. We'd love to say hello to any fellow Funsters, so if you see a Hymer with a couple and two nutty Collies the chances are that it'll be us - please come and introduce yourself.

Stef and Di.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Stef and Di, we went to a steam rally at Pembrey country park bury port Llanelli this year. It was a great meet.

There will be another fun meet there next year, have a look under rallies.

Welcome to Fun.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, keep an eye open for the Summer rally in North Devon, hope to see you there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Hello & congratulationson the new Hymer

:welc:
this realy is a great site for motorhomers Run by motorhomers.

Mel & Lieve

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Welcome to Fun, lots to do in the UK if the weather was good don't think we would bother going abroad as much, though this year the UK has had a wonderful summer. :welc:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Hello and welcome to FUN :)

I love border collies, so you may get a visit if we cross paths.

OP
OP
StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hi Welcome to Fun, lots to do in the UK if the weather was good don't think we would bother going abroad as much, though this year the UK has had a wonderful summer. :welc:

Thanks Carol. If there's one thing I cannot stand it's predictive text. How do you get your U.K right yet mine came out as you.K ? Makes me look a real plonker.

OP
OP
StefAndDi

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
Thanks Carol. If there's one thing I cannot stand it's predictive text. How do you get your you.K right yet mine came out as you.K ? Makes me look a real plonker.

See, it's happened again despite me checking before posting. Doh.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just down the road at St Stephen, welcome to the mad house

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Stef & Di my wife comes from St Austell & I lived in St Blazey so it would be nice to see you at a meet somewhere happy travels Rod

We stay in St Blazey Gate quite a lot in the summer at Doubletrees Farm! We were there two weeks ago before we got the ferry to Spain.

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Welcome to Fun. I also live within 5 miles of you. MF has numerous members and can sometimes feel like a little cupboard under the stairs (bit like Cornwall). Good choice to upgrade to a MH and join MHF.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back