LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How does the Motor Caravaners Club compare with the big two ?
We've used them a lot this year. Joined in June last year but, for various reasons, never got away with them until May this year but since then we've been to 7 weekend meets, a THS, CL and Nightstop - with a friendly welcome at every one. Very similar to our experience with the C&CC.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have used them a lot this year. I like the fact that you can book with no deposit and have upto 72 hours before to cencel. They are all lovely aend clean well laid out and in great locations. We have a 14 year old and just spent 2 nights at Longleat and 3 nights in Cheddar. Couldn't get much closer to the entertainment. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We joined for convenience to get discounts also if asked are you members of cc you can say yes I think that gives reassurance if you are trying to buy insurance etc.

Upvote 0
Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Some years ago, we applied for a Ferry Discount, to be told Caravans ONLY.. I was then told by a prominent official " After all it is the CARAVAN CLUB" , I took great enjoyment in telling the Officer to stick his Club where the 'Sun don't Shine' That was after 20 years a Member.
Best Regards Mac

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are members of CC and currently pitched at Culloden just outside Inverness, very quiet just now and only £14 for the night for two adults and elec can't be bad at that.

Upvote 0
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
We joined only for the CL's and the insurance (it was the best for our needs this year). The main club sites are very clean and tidy if you need to be on a big site (we don't).

Value for money? Difficult to answer, I don't think their club sites are good value at all.

For us the ideal CL is cheap as chips and without leccy etc ....... £5 good........£10 if no other choice. We have no need for any facilities at all so prefer not to pay for them given the choice.

Will probably still join next year but only for the CL's.

Now if only we had Aires like the French do...:whistle:

Upvote 0

Kelsae2

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2011
kelso,scottish borders
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
We are in both clubs. Much prefer the caravan club sites as the standards are much higher.just come off Stonehaven site at £16.20 per night for immaculate facilities . Only use the c@cc for the local groups.

Upvote 0
Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
How does the Motor Caravaners Club compare with the big two ?
They don't own any sites but 0rganise regular camping meets wherever they can arrange. Mostly non EHU but usually provide water and waste facilities.

Upvote 0

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
The caravan club for me

The other lot are not geared up enough for motorhomes. Caravan club has waste point, water and elsans in variousl places but the CCCusually only has one or two and if your on the other side of the site you are in for a lug of your tank.#

CC let you choose a pitch whereas the CCC select your pitch for you
I found I wasnt using their sites because they are just not geared up for us

The local CCC site in kidderminster finished me when they put me on sloping grass and i got stuck.
Didnt renew that year

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back