We're in Nerja - Anyone around? (1 Viewer)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi!:Smile:

We're in Nerja ( Nerja Camping) until next Sunday morning ( 30th Nov). Anyone else here or planning on coming?:thumb:

Then we're off to Conil to meet lots of FUNSTERS!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Marie
:ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi Marie

Not there but we love Nerja. Usually stay in the villa flamenca, lovely hotel

have fun

stew

Beachbum

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Hamburg / Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
40 Years
Love Nerja. We go every year to our favourite parking spot behind the block of flats in front of the beach. Never had any hassle. Come down the steep road to the beach, turn left and drive along the front to wards the end where there is a forked road, bear left and you are behind the buildings. Anywhere here are parking spaces. Find a space and park up for as long as you like. No problems from the people in the flats. Water from the beach huts or restuarants. Grey water and slopping out in the toilets on the beach (do it late evening). The town up the hill is really beautiful, you could spend many an evening just loafing around. Full of Brits. They do have a large car park up the hill, but I would avoid it. A lot of people around and I think (not sure) you have to pay from a certain time. they have a town called Capistrano above you if you park behind the flats. It is worth a walk up there, not by the road, up steps that only go in between the houses. Safe here, and the cops don't care as you are parked properly in the parking area.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

The Capistrano - try Thelma's kitchen. Thelma is Indian and makes superb Curry

stew

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi no i am not but wish i was:ROFLMAO: sick of this weather!!!!! glad that you are having a great time, love nerja especially the cake shops, can't spell the posh word for it at the moment:ROFLMAO: nice pottery too. don't drink too much vino when you meet up with the funsters:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruth

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
hi no i am not but wish i was:ROFLMAO: sick of this weather!!!!! glad that you are having a great time, love nerja especially the cake shops, can't spell the posh word for it at the moment:ROFLMAO: nice pottery too. don't drink too much vino when you meet up with the funsters:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruth

Us? Drink Vino?? :Eeek:Never!!! Ha ha! believe that you'll believe anything!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Marie

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Lucky you Marie, is the new Aire open in Nerja at the moment? there has been some speculation on this forum that it had to close,I read somewhere that the council closed it because it never had the correct licence, but that the council actually wanted the Aire to reopen as it wanted to get vans off the beaches. As our on the spot reporter we want you to find out. :Eeek::thumb:

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Lucky you Marie, is the new Aire open in Nerja at the moment? there has been some speculation on this forum that it had to close,I read somewhere that the council closed it because it never had the correct licence, but that the council actually wanted the Aire to reopen as it wanted to get vans off the beaches. As our on the spot reporter we want you to find out. :Eeek::thumb:

Haven't a clue!!! We're in Nerja Camping. Going into Nerja tomorrow - never been there before so we'll see what we can see!:ROFLMAO:
Lots of Brit vans on this site but not seen any MH FUN banners or flags!:ROFLMAO: Must convert them!:ROFLMAO:

Marie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't forget to visit the Nerja Caves - Awesome:thumb:

cave.jpg
Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Marie

I've had a look at the campsite, looks very nice with reasonable long term pricing, is the access and pitches suitable for RVs .. have you seen any big motorhomes on site and do they have wifi ?

Many thanks... enjoy your trip ..

Jim

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi Marie

I've had a look at the campsite, looks very nice with reasonable long term pricing, is the access and pitches suitable for RVs .. have you seen any big motorhomes on site and do they have wifi ?

Many thanks... enjoy your trip ..

Jim

Hi Jim

In a word - NO!!:Eeek:
Don't try it!
We struggled to get on our pitch and we're only 7m!! They've got metal framework over the pitches and we're almost hitting ours!:whatthe:
They have limited wi-fi - i.e. on a terrace by the pool - luckily we have a pitch next to the pool so can get it in the van - wi-fi that is - not the pool!!:ROFLMAO: Not very good bandwidth though.

Nice site and as you say reasonable rates for long term but rates not as good as Conil!

We're staying till Sunday and I think that will be long enough - pitch a bit cramped!

Marie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back