What can't you live without .... (1 Viewer)

janeerica

Free Member
Jun 15, 2014
Godalmig
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO
Exp
I'm a newbie
Having never done this before, I am now starting to equip my van and wonder what items that from experience you think are essential - apart from bedding and the obvious kitchen-ey and bathroom-ey stuff, oh and Marmite of course!!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Well, depending on your taste, either:
An 18 year old blonde 37/26/37, whose just won the lottery.......
Or
A 64 year old ex blonde, now slightly follicly challenged, but with a great sense of humour, and a rather large endowment.......(y)

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Or
A 64 year old ex blonde, now slightly follicly challenged, but with a great sense of humour, and a rather large endowment.......(y)

So which of the two did you manage to get hold of??

Keith :cool:

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Janeerica - take no notice of them!

Now to answer your post PROPERLY - well we can't because everybody's needs/wants are different. Until you've actually identified a need it's so so easy to keep buying what you think you might need and end up chucking it out unused when you've gotta reduce your load 'cos you're overweight - correction your van is overweight!

Just get out and enjoy yourselves - you'll soon find out what you want and if it becomes an essential you'll find it somewhere.

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Having never done this before, I am now starting to equip my van and wonder what items that from experience you think are essential - apart from bedding and the obvious kitchen-ey and bathroom-ey stuff, oh and Marmite of course!!

A torch
Baby Wipes
Clothes Pegs
Clothes line
Wine Bottle Stoper

Of course normal table chairs BQ bikes music , try and leave a basic supply of seasoning vinegar tea coffee , soap toothpaste, it's so much easier not having to keep putting things in and out of the van, now we only have to put the fresh food in everything else stays in the van.

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Plenty of tea-towels to stop the bits in the oven & hotplates rattling in transit
Bag of change for laundry
Old carrier bags for the bin
Notebook
Waterproofs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Following our last trip - an Endless Breeze fan. Very quiet, runs on 12 volts and ideal for keeping the dog cool on the move. And what's more, he even lets us borrow it sometimes!

Endless dog cooling:
P9260130.JPG

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2014
peterborough
Funster No
MH
micro van
Exp
I second old carrier bags for rubbish, I went to Houghton Mill for a quick overnight stay, and no bags for rubbish. It made life difficult, you don't realise until you do it.

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
I second the carrier bags especially in Wales where they charge 5p for ech bag and are really stingy with their issue. We use bags all the time for rubbish etc.
Can never have too many tea towels to stop stuff rattling in transit.

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
All medications and orange Lucozade, in order to stay alive LOL, money and at least one credit card.

The latter are items that everyone needs because if you suddenly find you are without something you HAVE to have - buy another one!

Supermarkets in France haven't given carrier bags for years and far less are available now in the UK too. Hence a roll of bin-liners is one of the many items permanently kept in the van along with Clingwrap and kitchen foil.

A permanent thing dating back to caravanning days is a tin of stewed steak, one of new potatoes and another of carrots.

In desperation - or dire straits - or a tearing hurry - it's a meal !

Upvote 0

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Or
I think a rather large endowment is a pre-requisite to enjoying a follicly challenged, humerous lottery winner, correct me if I'm wrong!!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back