Child seat in Hurricane (1 Viewer)

H

hurricane_rv

Deleted User
Hi, having just bought a Hurricane with a view to taking the whole family away we have come across a bit of a problem with securely seating our 19 month old grandson. Does anybody know of a way to add a forward facing child seat into a Hurricane using a 3 point safety system, other than the front passenger seat?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi, having just bought a Hurricane with a view to taking the whole family away we have come across a bit of a problem with securely seating our 19 month old grandson. Does anybody know of a way to add a forward facing child seat into a Hurricane using a 3 point safety system, other than the front passenger seat?
The only other suitable seat in my opinion is the barrel seat assuming you have one, the seat and lap belt fitted to that is rated for adult use, so its strength is not in question really
Option 1. Obtain a child seat suitable for retaining by a lap belt only (Britax do one that will do the job)although lap belt is not the best choice this is the best seat to use IMHO Link Removed
Option 2. Have seat professionally modified to take a 3 point harness
Under no circumstances use or modify a 3 point seat for use on a lap belt,
No matter how good the alteration, it will be installed incorrectly and contrary to manf instructions
Although the Britax seat may be considered a very basic seat it is one that can use with a lap belt.
Please note child weight is more important than age suitabillity
Geo

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi had the same problem with my Brave, the dinette has one lap belt and the side face sofa three. I decided to use the dinette but because of the sprung cushions I couldn't get the lap belt tight, in the end I strapped the childs seat to the cushions using two rachet straps.

On the winnie the seat cushions are hinged so don't lift out, I also used the rear facing part of the dinette so it was directly behind me but with the side of the slide between us, I gave it a real good yank about and in my opinion it was OK.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
We also had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, as the only suitable seat for our grand daughter was the front passenger seat. So the wife had to sit in the dining area and Ellie sat up front with me................. and can't 3 year olds talk!!!!!!!!! ::bigsmile:

Mick

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is it law that if there is a 3 point system without an airbag then the child must be given that seat above all others?

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We also had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, as the only suitable seat for our grand daughter was the front passenger seat. So the wife had to sit in the dining area and Ellie sat up front with me................. and can't 3 year olds talk!!!!!!!!! ::bigsmile:

Mick

Hi Mick,
Gosh, do I sympathise! We took our grandchildren away and that meant a 15 month old toddler sat up front and, boy, did he let us know he wasn't happy about it:Eeek: I was constantly distracted by a screaming child next to me and Barbara trying to console him from 12 foot away.
I don't think his parents will let me take him again:ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Hello Doug, sounds a bit of a result really ::bigsmile:

The great thing we find is that as grand parents you only need to play with them!

We see your RV each time we come up the A33 from Winchester, always say "hello"!

Mick

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks Pappajohn, Loud, I can cope with, I'm already deaf in one ear:ROFLMAO: It was the projectile vomiting that really finished it off. :Eeek:
How can a child that small contain so much green sludge????

Hi Mick,
It's just reinforcing the kids opinion that I'm a miserable old sod.:roflmto:
I wish I could keep my RV at home but that's the downside of living in a very small cul-de-sac. My colleague seems to get a great of pleasure telling me you get more use out of your RV than I do!

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back