passionwagon

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
somewhere in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
lo profile
Exp
:Eeek:Stopped in France last week and asked to show these. We had them and officer was ensuring they had the appropriate EN mark and number-they did. Last year we were asked in Germany to show first aid kit and EN number! So watch your cheapo conforms! Pip pip:Cool:

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
EN Marks

Hi Passionwaggon,

The items listed under this link are all ECC standard and carry the correct ECE numbers.

Link Removed

Hope this helps, don't leave home without them!

Mark:thumb:

verity23

Free Member
Sep 20, 2008
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 Years
Hi
Thanks for that but what is the accepted EN number? Do they have to have long sleeves, two stripes?
many thanks
Pete

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
CE

Sorry i gave you the french initials :ROFLMAO:! you must have CE written on the jacket

That is correct, the triangles also must be compliant with ECE R27 which is the european standard. The ones listed at Pro-Tect Safety Signs above are compliant.

Thanks Yodeli.:thumb:

verity23

Free Member
Sep 20, 2008
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 Years
Hi Mark & Sue
What is meant by the Conforms to EN471 Class 3.1 and they all seem to have others numbers depending which one you choice.!!!!!!!!
on one of the high viz jackets on your link.
Pete

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
All this palaver about having Hi Viz jackets, Set of Spare Bulbs, Warning Triangles, Spare Spectacles..........

I do see the need for these but for them to have the correct numbers and other stipulated conditions...

I think I'll give France a miss again next year and stay in the UK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Hi Mark & Sue
What is meant by the Conforms to EN471 Class 3.1 and they all seem to have others numbers depending which one you choice.!!!!!!!!
on one of the high viz jackets on your link.
Pete

Hi Verity,

EN 471 is the standards guide for reflective clothing, BS EN 471:2003 BS EN 471:2003.
That particular vest is the one that I have just bought from them Link Removed

Hope that helps?

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
All this palaver about having Hi Viz jackets, Set of Spare Bulbs, Warning Triangles, Spare Spectacles..........

I do see the need for these but for them to have the correct numbers and other stipulated conditions...

I think I'll give France a miss again next year and stay in the UK.

i know why :winky:

if you dont know/arent told of the requirements then its easy money for the french police coffers when they check yours and they're wrong.:Angry:

better check mine i suppose:Doh:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
EU Rules (OK)

Hi

This sounds like the good old british Goverment "stealth tax" French Style!!

pete

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
Stealth Tax

I suppose its just like our police in that they are sometimes directed to concentrate on things that give more revenue and well, the law is the law. I've never been asked to produce any of the european safety items before but now I'm not going to take any chances. In the states they used to do it state by state, if you went through Washington heading south on the I5 Freeway and you were pulled and ticketed for lets say a bulb out, when you got into Oregon the police will have been tipped off that you were coming and they would pull you for the same thing as you crossed the state line. Easy Money! :Doh:

M

Mark&Sue

Deleted User
CE Label

I have the same vests, I assume that since they have CE on the label they should be OK:Confused:

Hi Steelysteph,

As far as I am aware the CE is the accepted marking for standards EU wide so I believe that they will be ok. Can anyone refute this?

Mark.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back