Chausson electric bed help on site (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
:( We are on site and our electric bed is miss behaving! Up is down and down is up! Tried the reset button and nothing changes. Tried the methods on the other thread etc. I am waiting for a call from the dealers :(
Anyone have the manual that can be emailed to me?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Spidey - don't think this will help much but found general Chausson 2014 manual http://www.chausson-camping-cars.fr/wp-content/uploads/MANUEL-Chausson-2014-Anglais.pdf & on page 52
"1) Intermediate:
- Bed lowered in two stages halfway «automatically» simply
by pressing the control button. In this intermediate position
it is of course possible to reach the bed via a ladder as well
as in the lower position using the dining table.
2) Low:
The low position can be accessed from the intermediate
position by:
- Keeping your finger on the control button until the
travel end stop. This position enables access to the bed
without a ladder, but it is no longer possible to use the
dinette area for another bed. The return to day-time
position (bed in the roof) takes place in 3 phases, the
first two being automatic simply by pressing the control
button and the final one, until the engine stops, by
pressing constantly on the control button. This is contrary
to the maneuver for descending the bed.
NB : Maximum allowed mass on the moveable bed
is: electrically controlled central bed = 140cm:
230 kg and manually controlled central bed = 120cm:
150 kg. A lever to activate the system in case of total
electrical failure is supplied with the bed."
Would suggest Highbridge Caravans ( Chausson Dealer ) 01278782725 but may be who you are awaiting callback from?

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thanks for your reply, we have been using the bed as described but today went haywire :( the up is down and down is up! Waiting for a tech guy to phone us back. We want to go out but don't want to miss the call. They are really helpful so hopefully it will be sorted. We can hand crank the bed down so should be ok tonight :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Didn't think the general manual would really help but all I could find online:( We have different beds in our Best Of 04 so our manuals no good either. Good to know that you can override it manually. Hope there is an easy fix & you get to enjoy your day after all:)

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thanks, Highbridge said it has to be brought in to be stripped down and reset.

But at least it will be sorted

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
:( We are on site and our electric bed is miss behaving! Up is down and down is up! Tried the reset button and nothing changes. Tried the methods on the other thread etc. I am waiting for a call from the dealers :(
Anyone have the manual that can be emailed to me?
Hi Spidey,
had a similar issue with my Flash 10 whilst on holiday last month. I removed the 4 screws holding the panel on and when the panel popped out the bed worked. It was the multi plug on the rear of the panel that wasn't in properly. It looks like it should clip together but only has a hook on one half of the plug with nothing for it to hook into on the other half. I taped it together with electrical tape and it's been fine since, hope this helps.
Regards,
Lee.
P.S isn't the crank handle a pain to use !!

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Very useful to know thanks, not sure hubby would be brave enough to remove the panel. But I will show him the post. The crank handle is slow but at least we are not packing up to go home still stay tonight. The table worries me as well if that goes WS are in trouble :(

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have a pdf of the installation manual with some additional info would you like it or would you sooner wait till you get the dealer to help

David

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Two thoughts from someone who's RV has an electric bed.

1/ Check that the site is wired correctly as reversed polarity (Neg to Pos/Pos to Neg) will cause the motor to run backwards.

2/ If your bed is on 'rubber bands' (mine is cog and rail) bring the bed all the way to the bottom and keep the switch thrown until the bed goes back up. All will then be normal.

Good luck.

Malden

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hebburn, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi We had the same problem. We put it in the dealers to get the bed reprogrammed. When we got it back they had broken a chunk of plastic off on the bottom corner of the bed behind the passenger seat, where the cable is. They are having to order a new base of the bed. So please check it over. We might have just been unlucky.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
When we saw it we thought he electric bed on the Chausson was wonderful but I was concerned about it mis-behaving. Once it becomes much more "established" and proven the next MH might have one. That won't be for quite a few years though.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have a pdf of the installation manual with some additional info would you like it or would you sooner wait till you get the dealer to help

David
Thanks that great, not sure I to send a pm to give you my email but I will have ago. Thank you

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Hi We had the same problem. We put it in the dealers to get the bed reprogrammed. When we got it back they had broken a chunk of plastic off on the bottom corner of the bed behind the passenger seat, where the cable is. They are having to order a new base of the bed. So please check it over. We might have just been unlucky.
Thanks I will watch for that. Sorry to hear about your bed.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Is the only problem with your bed the reversal of UP & DOWN?

Unlike my cog & rack yours is 'suspended' on rubber belt that the motor winds in to raise and out to drop.

The bed is a development of the 'Majicbed' and is made by Chausson under license from the firm that bought out the manufacturer of my Safari TREK (Monaco).

TREK Tracks, an American web site, has reported several instances when the belts have gone 'overcentre' and UP becomes DOWN and vice versa.

The cure is, as stated, to lower the bed and keep the switch pressed until the bed goes back up. Easy cure!

Last edited:

leeboy

Free Member
Sep 24, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Is the only problem with your bed the reversal of UP & DOWN?

Unlike my cog & rack yours is 'suspended' on rubber belt that the motor winds in to raise and out to drop.

The bed is a development of the 'Majicbed' and is made by Chausson under license from the firm that bought out the manufacturer of my Safari TREK (Monaco).

TREK Tracks, an American web site, has reported several instances when the belts have gone 'overcentre' and UP becomes DOWN and vice versa.

The cure is, as stated, to lower the bed and keep the switch pressed until the bed goes back up. Easy cure!
I think you will find that Chausson buy their system from Project 2000 if you google them the info is there.
Lee.

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Whoever makes it it is suspended on straps. If the ONLY problem is that it goes up when the switch is pressed for DOWN then my previous post, and cure, is worth a try as it is probably correct. If there is some other problem that the OP has not mentioned that is, of course, a whole new scenario.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Just a quick update. I contacted Project 2000 in Italy and after a few email exchanges, they sent me instructions for sorting the problem. Phil1946 were right about lowering the bed till it starts going up again. The only difference with this bed is you have to press a couple of buttons first and hold a hidden button along with the down. They admitted it has been known to happen but rarely.

I will try and copy them in later or email me and i forward it on. :)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just a quick update. I contacted Project 2000 in Italy and after a few email exchanges, they sent me instructions for sorting the problem. Phil1946 were right about lowering the bed till it starts going up again. The only difference with this bed is you have to press a couple of buttons first and hold a hidden button along with the down. They admitted it has been known to happen but rarely.

Just a pity that it isn't in the instructions with the motorhome we have the same one would be a bit put out if it went on the first day of a long trip!!!!
David

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Two thoughts from someone who's RV has an electric bed.

1/ Check that the site is wired correctly as reversed polarity (Neg to Pos/Pos to Neg) will cause the motor to run backwards.

2/ If your bed is on 'rubber bands' (mine is cog and rail) bring the bed all the way to the bottom and keep the switch thrown until the bed goes back up. All will then be normal.

Good luck.
Site 'polarity' will have no effect.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp

I have the same one in my van, did they tell how to override the electrics if it gets stuck half way down/up as this happened to me recently
I checked the limit switchs, no problems and couldn't see an override facility anywhere did look for hidden button but nothing my only has 2 buttons on the pad up and down
Spoke to the dealer and even he wasn't sure
Did check online but information a little vague
Thks

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thanks, Highbridge said it has to be brought in to be stripped down and reset.

But at least it will be sorted
Good that you have found the solution to this yourself - shame Highbridge didn't know - perhaps you could share with them too?! Could affect a lot of other Chausson owners too who might not find it on this forum:)

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I did tell Highbridge and I passed on the info, which the thanked me for. I suppose bit surprised they didn't think of contacting Project 2000 themselves. So hopefully now it can be resolved over the phone for customers with the same issue. The info below is from Project 2000.

Enter in programming mode after having switched on the panel. To enter the programming mode, hold the hidden button (between the button UP and DOWN) and the button UP for 7 seconds. The green LED light with the symbol of the key switches on. If it doesn’t, repeat the operation.
Put underneath the bed some supports able to hold the bed in the lowest position.
Press the button UP; the bed descends. Let it rest on the supports and keep pushing until the bed starts raising again. Bring the bed up to its higher position and let it press the electric contact (limit switch).
Let the bed descend and start programming the positions (depending on the model of the bed can be 3 or 4 points). Let the bed descend to the first position, press the hidden button plus the button DOWN. The LED on the arrows will switch off and on again. Repeat with this procedure for the next 2-3 points and the system will automatically quit the programming mode.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
I have the same one in my van, did they tell how to override the electrics if it gets stuck half way down/up as this happened to me recently
I checked the limit switchs, no problems and couldn't see an override facility anywhere did look for hidden button but nothing my only has 2 buttons on the pad up and down
Spoke to the dealer and even he wasn't sure
Did check online but information a little vague
Thks

We had that issue and used the manual crank to put it up or down. Then reprogrammed it via the manual. The reprogramming is easy.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Well done Spidey - hopefully will save others stress, hassle & possibly an unecessary trip to get this fixed (y):)This is just one of the reasons why we love the Motorhome Fun spirit & this forum:love:
Shows that the dealers don't know everything - even one with a good reputation like Highbridge.
Could affect quite a few owners as nearly all the new motorhomes have this type of bed.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I instinctively thought of reverse polarity as well.

I hope the next van i'm interested in with electric bed is reliable :(

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
We had that issue and used the manual crank to put it up or down. Then reprogrammed it via the manual. The reprogramming is easy.
Not seen that where is it on the bed, didn't get anything from the dealer to use that facility assuming you need a handle of some sort
Thks

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Not seen that where is it on the bed, didn't get anything from the dealer to use that facility assuming you need a handle of some sort
Thks
Ours is on the opposite side of the bed from the controls, there is a bump in the underside of the bed. It looks awkward but the handle fits in. You should have a handle and maybe worth asking your dealer to sort one out. Or email project 2000
Broken Link Removed

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
As already said, the AC supply will have no effect on which way the motor runs. On AC, there is no such thing as a fixed positive and negative. The two poles alternate at the rate of whatever cycles per second. Thats why it is called AC, Alternating Current.

Last edited:

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
As already said, the AC supply will have no effect on which way the motor runs. On AC, there is no such thing as a fixed positive and negative. The two poles alternate at the rate of whatever cycles per second. Thats why it is called AC, Alternating Current.
It doesn't matter insofar as power used. Appliances would work just fine.

The only difference is that the neutral is close to ground potential so there is no shock hazard from that wire, whereas the live wire is at a high potential and is a shock hazard.
So reverse polority is a problem that's needs addressing even if it does work since an S/P MCB would isolate the neutral and not the live

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back