Help needed short term storage London Heathrow area. (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have finally booked our trip for our 25 Anniversary next April and will be flying from Heathrow. We will be in London for the weekend before with the MH as I'm running the marathon, I wondered if the CC would store the MH or could anyone recommend somewhere. We plan to spend a few days driving back up when we fly back home.

Next question what's the easiest way to get from Abbey wood to Heathrow at 5:30 am, assuming we store the van here.

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
At 5.30 I would go though town , your sat nav would say A2 , M25 . The experience and joy of driving through , the great city you can't beat at that time of day. :)

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Chertsey camping and caravan site is only around 10 miles from Heathrow and I think has a direct line into the city of London.

The railway station is around one mile from the site. (y)

But they do flood occasionally :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
When we flew out of Heathrow to Dublin we parked our Hymer 694 (about 7.8 metres) I was going to leave it on a friend's drive 3 miles away but there was a last minute problem and this wasn't possible.

We drove round to one of Pink Elephants car parks and they managed to fit us in. They are on line so it might be worth getting in touch to sound them out.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
At 5.30 I would go though town , your sat nav would say A2 , M25 . The experience and joy of driving through , the great city you can't beat at that time of day. :)
Kevin if we store the van at the campsite we won't have any transport so wondering if its easy to do on public transport.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
When we flew out of Heathrow to Dublin we parked our Hymer 694 (about 7.8 metres) I was going to leave it on a friend's drive 3 miles away but there was a last minute problem and this wasn't possible.

We drove round to one of Pink Elephants car parks and they managed to fit us in. They are on line so it might be worth getting in touch to sound them out.
Will have a look and email them .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Kevin if we store the van at the campsite we won't have any transport so wondering if its easy to do on public transport.
Not sure about public transport , if you need to be there by 5.30 and depending where your travelling to then you may need to be there much earlier. If it's 5.30 you want to arrive at heathrow then I would get a mini cab to heathrow £40 ish less stress on your return you could use public transport , tube from heathrow then overground train from london bridge.
As for storage of your van , I store my van at Abbey wood and will be at a wedding next April and will be away for a week in the van so you could use my storage pitch . We will just need to let the wardens know. This does depend on your travel dates.
I would give the site a call as they have a over night secure pitches which they may let you use to store as well.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Not sure about public transport , if you need to be there by 5.30 and depending where your travelling to then you may need to be there much earlier. If it's 5.30 you want to arrive at heathrow then I would get a mini cab to heathrow £40 ish less stress on your return you could use public transport , tube from heathrow then overground train from london bridge.
As for storage of your van , I store my van at Abbey wood and will be at a wedding next April and will be away for a week in the van so you could use my storage pitch . We will just need to let the wardens know. This does depend on your travel dates.
I would give the site a call as they have a over night secure pitches which they may let you use to store as well.
Thanks for the reply Kevin and the offer of your pitch, unfortunetly I will be away for a few weeks, I will give them a call tomorrow and see what the warden says. We are flying out on the 27th of April

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back