Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Morning all anyone got one of these and if so are they any good compared to an I PAD.
THANKS IN ADVANCE. Barrie

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You could buy four Hudl's for the price of an iPad. So two questions... is the iPad 4 times as good as a Hudl? and Would an iPad last 4 times as long as Hudl? In my experience (not opinion) both questions get a big YES. :)

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi, we bought a Tesco Hudl a few months ago and are very happy with it. It seems to do everything that we want it to. The apps, which we buy (or get free) from GooglePlay, are the reason that we bought it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I cannot compare to a iPad but I had a nexus 7 that died on me. The new nexus is due out soon so I didn't want to buy the same as what I had bought I would buy a cheepy and wait. The breakdown of my nexus coincided with release of Hudle 2 so armed with my tesco vouchers I bought one. I am so happy and impressed with it I won't be buying the new nexus if I ever change it will be for a 10inch tablet. I much prefers Android don't like apple prices so I am slightly biased if you have android phone go android if your a slave to Apple and have IPhone go for ipad

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I Know sod all about them but if they use the Tescos mobile network be VERY careful..
Cost me £128 for a months non service ( longish story but basically was flat out lied to by Tesco people )
Anddd... Unless something is done there could be more issues with service supplier though cannot go in to details

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've had two hudl's die. both around the year mark. We still use an ancient iPad 1 that I ran over with the motorhome. Its dented bit still works well.

OP
OP
Middy42

Middy42

Free Member
Jan 13, 2013
Fleetwood
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since the 70s
Thanks to all for your replies, I have an I PAD 2 , and looks like I will go to upgrade to the I PAD AIR. Barrie

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
my daughter still uses my ipad 1 every day with no problems.

It must be 5 years old now(y)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Ipad every time as I am a bit of a muppet re technology and apple products are so easy. Having said that my nephews have the original hudl bought when there was one of the double up offers and they are ok so far.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It's like comparing a home made butchers Aberdeen Angus steak pie with a Fray Bentos pie

you want steak.. buy the butchers.. they other will just disappoint..

quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten..

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi
Numpty me,is about to "Tech up". Am i right in thinking the Hudl needs to be near a WiFi zone/hot spot,password needed,whereas the IPad conjures up the signal wherever it can see a sat. ?
If so,it has to be the IPad....yes ?
Thank you.
Tea Bag

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I think having an Apple product is great if everyone you know has an Apple product.
We have Android devices.
I have long given up trying to share anything with apple users from my Android devices, it doesn't work. That despite the fact Android files are universal Jpeg, and Mp4 files. I have no problems with sharing files on my PC.
Add the universal HDMI port, universal USB port and expandable memory, a Hudl, or any other device is far from a one trick pony!
I liken owning an Apple like only ever shopping at Argos with Argos vouchers and not being able to use them elsewhere!
As for the Hudl, ours both still work after over a year, never have had a problem. They came free on clubcard boost too!

So there!:LOL:

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
A relation had an original Hudle it had an issue Tescos replaced it with a new Hudle2 no quibles. I think that's good service I must admit my sister and nephews swear by there Apple devices but I think they have money to burn lol

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Fray bentos for me,
It's like comparing a home made butchers Aberdeen Angus steak pie with a Fray Bentos pie

you want steak.. buy the butchers.. they other will just disappoint..

quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten..

Fray bentos for me I like the shape of the tin

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
You could buy four Hudl's for the price of an iPad. So two questions... is the iPad 4 times as good as a Hudl? and Would an iPad last 4 times as long as Hudl? In my experience (not opinion) both questions get a big YES. :)

Well as it happens the 'old model' iPad mini is now only £199 and deffo better than the new Hudl at £129.................. £70 well spent I reckon. Compared to the Hudl there is NO need to have the bigger newer iPad

Nov 21, 2011
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 400
Exp
7 years
I was very quick to buy an ipad when they first came out. Disappointed a year later when their new operating system came out and I could not upgrade to operating system 6 and after a few inquiries was stuck on 5.5. Now nearly all apps are using 6 so its obsolete .Thanks mac. Got a Hudle and its very good for what I want it for, also a Chromebook which is excellent!

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi
Numpty me,is about to "Tech up". Am i right in thinking the Hudl needs to be near a WiFi zone/hot spot,password needed,whereas the IPad conjures up the signal wherever it can see a sat. ?
If so,it has to be the IPad....yes ?
Thank you.
Tea Bag
No. Any pad either needs to see WiFi or needs to accept a SIM card so it can use mobile data.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back