wizzer59
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Called ADAC and was told that they are no longer taking membership from the UK due to problems with the AA.:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry to keep banging on about this as I have put it in a couple of threads but if you can't get adac and want eurobreakdown try topcashback for greenflag at half price , roughly £55 with the discount if it works, iv done it and at the moment it seems to be progressing but haven't had anything back yet so no guarantee :thumb:

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
Recently communicated with ADAC (1 week ago), they are taking on UK members but you have to have Plus membership which has now been increased to 89.50e, which is just under £71. This includes Breakdown and Personal Insurance.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Re the AA.. We called ADAC a couple of months ago up Nottingham way ... They were very efficient... The AA were there within the hour too.. No complaints at all.

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Re the AA.. We called ADAC a couple of months ago up Nottingham way ... They were very efficient... The AA were there within the hour too.. No complaints at all.
Have you got the number that you use for ADAC in Britain ?
Previously I had to ring Germany

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Have been members for a few years now, but have only needed to use them this year. First time was home start for a car. Second time the power steering on the van suddenly gave up on a Sunday afternoon. Both times, we called Germany and received very efficient service - including transporting the van on a flat bed truck.
Very happy with them.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Ok having seen conflicting information and not being early enough to call them I have sent them a message through their Web site I obviously need to keep looking while I wait for a reply.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Please be aware of ADACs €200 maximum recovery fee, if the breakdown is outside Germany.
Some of us have fallen victim to this, but in our case (long story), we wouldn't have, had their French recovery agent not sent out faulty hydraulic equipment in the first place, which then went on to ruin our new front tyres. Initially we were €500 out of pocket by the time we were eventually recovered, many hours later.

Regards,

Jock.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
It is about time ADAC sorted themselves out ...

When i broke down in Morocco , i tried for 45 mins using skype , all i could get was recorded messages in German , which ever number i tried ,

When got back to the UK i phoned ADAC and made a complaint all done in spoken English ,
1 month later i got a letter by post from ADAC written in German ,
when i got it translated...
it said....
You must report your breakdown speaking German ?! !

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Jock
My understanding of the Adac plus membership is 200euros recovery or roadside repair.. If a repair can't be done within three days then you get repatriation..
This is correct isn't it?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Jock
My understanding of the Adac plus membership is 200euros recovery or roadside repair.. If a repair can't be done within three days then you get repatriation..
This is correct isn't it?
Bearing in mind we are two and a half years down the line now, here is the current description of their services, taken from Broken Link Removed

1. Breakdown and accident assistance Broken Link Removed - - Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed -
That's what happened:

You have with your vehicle breaks down or an accident and need help on the spot.

What we provide:

• Breakdown and accident assistance in Germany on site and costs up to 300, - EUR
  • Towing and reimbursement to breakdown or accident to the nearest suitable garage / workshop up to 300, - EUR incl. Luggage and cargo
  • Reimbursement for a salvage vehicle in Germany
only for Plus members:

• for Plus members we provide throughout Europe and in the countries bordering the Mediterranean
2. Vehicle repatriation - - - Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed -
That's what happened:

Your vehicle is covered in Europe because of a breakdown or accident. My stolen vehicle was found again. A repatriation is necessary.

What we provide for plus - members:

• Organization, operation and acquisition costs of return transportation of the vehicle to your home
  • Acquisition of towing and Set up
  • joint return transport you and the legitimate occupants of the vehicle as well as within Germany (pick-up service)
Our MH was deemed repairable, but the recovery agent has used up the €200 breakdown and assistance allowance (€300 now) within a short distance of our breakdown (Narbonne Plage), due to his faulty hydraulic spec lift, thereby leaving us stranded at the side of a busy road, with our rear end stuck out against the flow of traffic. Had we not agreed with ADAC to cough up the extra €500 demanded by the recovery company ADR for a low loader, we would still have been sat there now.
Had the MH been deeemed irrepaireable from the start, then yes, the process to have been repatriated would have kicked in straight away. The simple breakdown occured at 09.00, and we didn't get to the Fiat agent only 11km away, until 18.30. :eek: The repair took just over an hour (2 x hours charged), but I had to fight for the replacement of our front tyres. As soon as ADR discovered that they weren't getting their €500 by credit card, they eventually agreed to replace the 2 x new front tyres they destroyed, but only fitting summer tyres. I stuck to my guns, and 2 x new Bridgestone Blizzaks were fitted the following day. They had worn away 3mm from one tyre, and 5mm from the other, all within walking distance of the initial breakdown. :mad:

On this occasion, it was ADAC's recovery agent ADR who was at fault, but ADAC should have taken full responsibility, and not left the customer to suffer the consequences. The German aspect of initiating assistance was very efficient, but once they handed the case over to their French counterparts, it all started to go horribly wrong, and when contacted again, the Germany office didn't want to know.

If you are using ADAC's services outside of Germany, you need to be aware of certain restrictions, even as ADAC PLUS members.

Regards,

Jock.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Breakdowns are never good experiences and that sort of thing is dreadful.. it was a similar experience a few years ago with the AA that made me vow never to go back to them.

I did find this.. any thoughts?

Broken Link Removed

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
RE Driverguardian insurance, Only 30 days european cover at a time, max 90 days in a year, also motorhomes over 6.5 m or over 5000kg are not covered.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
That works for me.. we are Weekenders and our van is comparatively small.. waiting to hear back on some questions I asked them.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That works for me.. we are Weekenders and our van is comparatively small.. waiting to hear back on some questions I asked them.
I have pm you hope that's ok didnt know you were still logged in

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Thank you chaser for your PM and for the lead that has given me my European cover.. hope you don't mind me sharing.

http://www.quotelinedirect.co.uk/breakdown/

£59 for the year on a 15 yo transit 100lwb van conversion. Had an issue with my private plate but the very pleasant staff at the call centre sorted it and my paperwork has already arrived by email..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back