LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi all, After recent conversations with a few others, we have approx 4/5 vans interested in coming Skiing in February in a motorhome. I have identified a resort with excelent campsite facilities along with a very good chance of snow due to its elevated level. This would be a good opportunity for anyone to travel in the safety of others whom have not taken their van abroad in the depths of winter. You do not need to be able to ski to have some enjoyment of this fantastic area. Indeed Mrs Haganap does not ski, but me and the boys allow her to come for her cooking and map reading skills. :ROFLMAO:

The resort and site identified is very good for arranging a meet like this as it has previously held the winter olympics so has good facilities, like an olympic ice rink and swimming pool. The slopes are on the doorsteps, of varying runs but if you are an expert there would not be enough to keep you there for the week.. And there is a bar/meeting room with WIFI for a chat about the days. Lift passes are very reasnable for skiing.
The meet can be as formal/informal as you want to make it. We will be there with a few others, we can share a drive down making use of our extensive experience of traveling France. Or you could simply meet us there.

Here is a link to the resort and and the site. If anyone wishes to clarify dates etc please PM me. Once Jim informs me of how to put this in the meets section I will do.
If you have a RV all I can say is that coaches have been seen in the resort but I personaly would leave that to you. But last year the temp drpoped to -22 on some nights,,, lovely that was. Although there is a lovely hotel at the camp site. If your worried about your van freezing etc, information will be forthcoming.
Here is a link to the resort
Link Removed

any questions let me know.

The Haganaps:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I've got a question Paul.......

Are you completely mad you should be chasing the sun

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tony,
There is no feeling like being on top of the world looking down and the only thing to get you there is a couple of planks of wood. :coolthumb:hardhat
except for Lying on a beach watching the surf coming in whilst beautiful ladies are walking past you. The latter takes place between May and September. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Paul

James Cagney said that "Top of the World ma" in one of his films..........just before they blew him up

But maybe your too young to remember his films Yoof :winky:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Paul

James Cagney said that "Top of the World ma" in one of his films..........just before they blew him up

But maybe your too young to remember his films Yoof :winky:

Tony they didn't blow him up..................he shot holes in the top of the tank and blew himself up. ::bigsmile:

Skiing sounds great.

Olley

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
HI Hagnap

what dates are you looking at going in Feb?

Cheers

Andy
::bigsmile:

Hi Andy we are trying to coincide Half term in February with a few extra days either side. So at present not 100% shaw. TBH ive been that fixed up with other stuff I haven't got round to getting the dates sorted. Although I have spoken to the site. to Check availability and of course Motorhomefun membership discounts.:thumb:

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Looks great ,we are definatly interested any time in Feb for us we do need to be back for March 6th as it is our sons 18TH birthday on March 8th :thumb::thumb:

Ash & Lynn:thumb:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Hi Paul,

Count me in what ever dates you sort out! Let me know if there is any deposits to pay!

Patrick

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Now added to the meets callender

No added to the meets callender:winky:

Ash

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Booking

Hi mate just been reading the blog in the diary for skiing ,sounds great ,cant wait we will pay our deposit asap and book our ferry ,can you send me details on how to book pls:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Eddie Eagle........:roflmto::roflmto:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Ok we have booked the Ferry and arranged some Dates.

Our Ferry will be leaving on Wednesday 11th February @ 22:30. We will then be staying overnight in France for a gettaway on Thursday AM. WE will bedriving to an aire in Bourgneauf for Thursday night. Setting off for resort on Friday AM and arriving after a couple of hour drive from Bourgneauf.
We will then be on site here Link Removed from the Friday through to the following Saturday. We have booked a ferry back on Sunday am at 06.15.

So what ever way you wish to travel, feel free. Only thing I need to do is confirm with the site whom is with us to get discount and grouped together.

With this being February half term, ferry bookings are becoming a premium, we have only paid £50.50 for ours. If you wish to use the tunnel then thats fine we can always meet somewhere later.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:
so come on get booking.:thumb:

To all of those that keep telling me they would like to come but because they can't or don't want to ski they are worried. Please bear in mind that Nikki doesn't ski, there are plenty of other things to do from lovely walks to dog mushing, beauty treatments and of course a nice traditional French market with PROPER french cheese and wines to buy. The resort has restraunts and etc. However it is a small resort so do not expect the Trafford centre. There is also a hotel on site with a meeting room which can be used by those in their motorhomes, showers etc, + a bar which can also be used by those in Motorhomes. So if you don't wanna ski don't let that put you off. The alps is a fantastic place to just sit an look, especially this campsite which has not been spoiled by the traditional english beer swigging type (until now of course)
And to top it off you can wear what you like as long as you are warm. You can wear the most hideous of clothing and no one will give you a second look. so no need for make up. or looking pretty, save that for the beach.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi this a review of that site from Batch's motorhome meets skiing site here: Link Removed if the GPS is wrong its my fault not his. Appreciate an updated GPS if it is wrong, thanks.

Olley

Last edited:

C.L.S

Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Ferry booked :roflmto: :Smile: pretty much the same times as Haganap. Do you need a deposit for the site ?

Cheers Mark

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
:wine::beer::clap::coolthumb:::bigsmile:

Nice one mark, dont worry about the deposit for now, Ill take care of all of that,

Ash

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We won a free ferry crossing so we posted it today booking 11/2/09 sailing with P&O as soon as we have confirmation back i will let you know :Smile::Smile:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :Smile::Smile::beer::beer::wine:::bigsmile:

Ash & Lynn

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I have GOT TO ASK :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How exactly are you all planning to go "skiing in february in a motorhome"

A motorhome isnt big enough to ski in and I wouldnt want to be the cone left clearing up all the mess once the snow has melted :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OR

Have you just invented a new sport where skis are fixed to the wheels and passengers guide the vehicle from the windows?????

Seriously I hope you all have a great time xxxxx

Last edited:

MONSI

Free Member
Sep 3, 2007
stalybridge manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
sking

Hi
sorry we will not be able to make this one,the dates are not quiet suitable for us,we will be heading over there around the 23rd for a few months,hope you all have a great time
merry christmas to everyone :Smile::Smile::
all the best for 2009 drink:drink:
brian & lisa

Ash

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ferry

FERRY BOOKED TODAY ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
We sail Feb 11th at 1.45pm and return Feb 22nd 9.15am :thumb:

MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FUNSTERS :Smile: :Smile:

Ash & Lynn ...

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Hi all, After recent conversations with a few others, we have approx 4/5 vans interested in coming Skiing in February in a motorhome. I have identified a resort with excelent campsite facilities along with a very good chance of snow due to its elevated level. This would be a good opportunity for anyone to travel in the safety of others whom have not taken their van abroad in the depths of winter. You do not need to be able to ski to have some enjoyment of this fantastic area. Indeed Mrs Haganap does not ski, but me and the boys allow her to come for her cooking and map reading skills. :ROFLMAO:

The resort and site identified is very good for arranging a meet like this as it has previously held the winter olympics so has good facilities, like an olympic ice rink and swimming pool. The slopes are on the doorsteps, of varying runs but if you are an expert there would not be enough to keep you there for the week.. And there is a bar/meeting room with WIFI for a chat about the days. Lift passes are very reasnable for skiing.
The meet can be as formal/informal as you want to make it. We will be there with a few others, we can share a drive down making use of our extensive experience of traveling France. Or you could simply meet us there.

Here is a link to the resort and and the site. If anyone wishes to clarify dates etc please PM me. Once Jim informs me of how to put this in the meets section I will do.
If you have a RV all I can say is that coaches have been seen in the resort but I personaly would leave that to you. But last year the temp drpoped to -22 on some nights,,, lovely that was. Although there is a lovely hotel at the camp site. If your worried about your van freezing etc, information will be forthcoming.
Here is a link to the resort
Link Removed

any questions let me know.

The Haganaps:thumb:

Hi I was wondering why you are passing so many sking areas with very good winter camping to go here. It is 150 miles further than good resorts in switzerland, And 80 miles further to other parts of France like "la grand bornard" where we stayed last year it was a big site and great skiing.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi I was wondering why you are passing so many sking areas with very good winter camping to go here. It is 150 miles further than good resorts in switzerland, And 80 miles further to other parts of France like "la grand bornard" where we stayed last year it was a big site and great skiing.

Simple really Mark.
Because we have been here, We know where everything is, we don't need to be finding our way around, and when you have other vans in tow or arrangements to be made it makes life simple.
It's a great resort for the type of skier that expressed an interest in going, It also is very French, a cracking site and hosted part of an olympic games which has left it a great legacy. The people are very friendly, and lift passes and general prices of the area are cheap compared to many overpriced over tourist type areas experienced, or reported on. I dont know if your familiar with this site Link Removed but perhaps you would be kind enough to post a review of where you went (if you havne't done so), so we might try that at easter, or next christmas.

Ash

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Snow chains

Well ive been out today and got my snow chains ,just need to get sm shovel and hard brush (tips from the skiing in a motorhome site ::bigsmile:) ,not long now cant wait:Smile::Smile:

Ash & Lynn...

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
plenty of space left for those that want to change their mind, get out of the heat and in to the cold, wax ya skis, or get ya walking boots on, or simply just come and join in the beauty.::bigsmile:

go be a devil:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back