Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
I was just wondering about prices when staying at campsites in your MH. I realise prices vary, but do they give discount if your staying more than a week or two? Or am I living in LaLa Land

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I was just wondering about prices when staying at campsites in your MH. I realise prices vary, but do they give discount if your staying more than a week or two? Or am I living in LaLa Land
La La.....Unless you know the owners dog......:)(y)

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

Hi If you are abroad 30 days or more usually gets a discount . Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Ruth, if it's single occupancy then you often get a discount, Olson the clubs do discounts for over 55 I think, a good way to keep costs down is to use CS & CL.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
got to be worth an ask though, they certainly wont offer it unless you do

just looking at Parc Verger options for our trip, their prices are lower after 7 nights on the web site, I know this is France, but I reckon the independent UK sites might negotiate

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Club sites - forget it.
Private sites and some cl/cs sites you can 'negotiate' with the owner if you like them and they like you and you 'long term' - not just 2/3 weeks ( and move if need be to comply with the 28 day rule;))
After all - they want our business - especially at this time of year!

OP
OP
Ruth

Ruth

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im wanting to motorhome
Hi Ruth, if it's single occupancy then you often get a discount, Olson the clubs do discounts for over 55 I think, a good way to keep costs down is to use CS & CL.

Hi Carol, I hate to be a dummy, but CS &CL sites ??

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
CL. &. CS. Are certified locations for the Caravan Club and Camping & Caravan Club, and are between £8 and £12 a night, so quite a bit cheaper. but you do need to be a member of these to use them.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
The C&CC do some winter pitches but look carefully at the dates and prices before deciding if it's going to save you money.
On a winter (seasonal pitch) you can stay 21 nights, then have to go off ( but can leave vehicle) for 2 nights, then back for 21 and so on.
On C&CC sites ( daily rate) you can only stay 28 nights, then leave for 1 night.

I thought it was odd on the seasonal pitch I had last winter that I was the only one that disappeared for the 2 nights. Seemed to depend on who you knew......

If you're looking for a couple of weeks at a time, have you thought of house sitting? Some people not keen on having someone sleep in their home but like the idea of it being watched over while they're away.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Holly's post seconded Ruth and all the others lamenting the lack of discounts in UK. I think this is because most 'commercial' sites (as opposed to Club) have a relatively short peak season. However if you don't ask you don't get so on non Club sites it's always worth bartering particularly over the price of electric (when you hook up) where most sites have a serious laugh at our expense.
If you look seriously at Holly's house sitting idea be aware that there are organisations out there which will attempt to take money off you for training to achieve an SIA licence (mandatory now unless working for someone privately). They will promise 'jobs' but few materialise once they have your cash.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
You will see a few adds in the back of the mags advising of some discounts, i.e. 7 nights for the price of 5. Also there are some that give a fixed price for over 55's etc for 1 or 2 weeks. These seem to be mainly Devon or Cornwall, prob because of the competition.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I've used the Cofton Country site near Dawlish a couple of times in the winter, and the last time they were offering 25% off if you booked 5+ nights in advance. However their pre-discount prices were, in my opinion, quite pricey to begin with, like a lot of the leisure park-type-sites.

The C&CC used to do 4-for-3 and 7-for-5 offers at their club sites, but stopped a year or so before they introduced their magical mystery pricing machine.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
There are a few sites in the UK that offer ACSI or Camping Cheque discount rates (and include electric hook-up) - but they only save money if there are two of you - not much benefit if only one person.

And, as others have said, do ask about getting a discount for an extended stay, you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

Mike

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
With age concession and no EHU I have just paid £5.75 per night at the C&CC site, Windermere. This in theory is the rate for a grass pitch but the staff, keen to protect the grass, parked us on hard ground adj to the camping field.

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

Nothing wrong with LaLa Land - we've all lived there at some time or another... :wink:

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
With age concession and no EHU I have just paid £5.75 per night at the C&CC site, Windermere. This in theory is the rate for a grass pitch but the staff, keen to protect the grass, parked us on hard ground adj to the camping field.

Cost the two of us £65 for Thursday, Friday and Saturday there last week, although there were a couple of vans parked in the big car park behind the site where overnighting is allowed £7 per night or £15 for three nights, and just a short stroll to Dan's Shack for the breakfast bacon butties.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back