Satisfying Hobby and leisure Pursuit (1 Viewer)

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Isn't it just satisfying when a plan comes to fruition and things just work.

Silly things like getting replacement parts for a 30 year old RV that I could not possibly dreamed about getting a year or so ago.

Suddenly you come across a supplier while surfing the web.MAGIC.

Little things like I Fitted a set of barrel clips last night and sorted out all those cupboard doors that wouldn't stay closed.Door and ignition locks.Light switches.The small stuff that really makes a difference.

New sets of rear and front light clusters.

Have just sourced original fitting Water fillers.:Cool: and petrol locker door.

The list goes on and on.

She's starting to come together now and looking good.

Just get that Feel-good feeling when these parts turn up and I'm another step closer to how I want it to finish up.::bigsmile:

Steve.

S

stumpy

Deleted User
Could you post any links to Dodge spares please as i have a 73 dodge my self :Smile:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Stumpy,

I tend to source most bits direct from the States as they tend to be cheaper, even taking into account Carriage, than UK Sourcing.

Depends on the rate of Exchange though, which is not Favourable at the moment.:Sad:

And the weight and size of the item.

What were you after?

I'll try to post later.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Stumpy

Our very own Lindy-Con this forum from Stateside Services is likely to be able to source all your requirements AND ship them at very competitive rates. Many RVers rate her service the best of the best :thumb:

Laurie

S

stumpy

Deleted User
Hi folks not sure what i need at the moment ,but possibly might either a 2/4 barrel Holly ,Service kit ,Bling and so on .At the moment our plans are to take out the hob and replace the work surface repaint the cubord doors and replace the lights with l e d lights .Our biggest thing at the mo is get the LPG serviced and running properly but its all money .:RollEyes:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
So What motor and Carb setup is it running at the moment?

Have you converted it to LPG yet?

Steve.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Stumpy

Our very own Lindy-Con this forum from Stateside Services is likely to be able to source all your requirements AND ship them at very competitive rates. Many RVers rate her service the best of the best :thumb:

Laurie

Yes I have to agree with this and must add the personal service you will receive from Linda is 2nd to none:thumb:

Once asked she will stay on the case as well, helped me many times and still is:thumb:

S

stumpy

Deleted User
Well its running a 2 barrel holly with factory fitted lpg twin 90ltr tanks ,but its running very rough on petrol.My mate who is a hot rodder has said to replace the 2 barrel with a 4 barrel to let the engine run better with pretty much the same mpg (with out booting it :winky:)but it all needs setting up correctly lpg and petrol.Oh its a 360 mopah 5.8 v8

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Well its running a 2 barrel holly with factory fitted lpg twin 90ltr tanks ,but its running very rough on petrol.My mate who is a hot rodder has said to replace the 2 barrel with a 4 barrel to let the engine run better with pretty much the same mpg (with out booting it :winky:)but it all needs setting up correctly lpg and petrol.Oh its a 360 mopah 5.8 v8

Mine's running a 4 barrel Carter at the moment.Apart from not liking Unleaded Low octane Petrol she runs fine with Octane booster added.

I am thinking in time of replacing the Carter with a 4 Barrel Holley.It's just a matter of finding someone locally who can set it up (Jetting Etc) to run properly.

Plus I've got an LPG Kit to go on it .

The Mopar Lumps are pretty solid motors and it seems you can get most parts for them.

I tend to use Rock Autos for bits.

What CFM Rating is the carb?She'll certainly breathe and perform better with a 4-Barrel.:Cool:

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yes I have to agree with this and must add the personal service you will receive from Linda is 2nd to none:thumb:

Once asked she will stay on the case as well, helped me many times and still is:thumb:

She's certainly helped me out in the past.:thumb:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
She's certainly helped me out in the past.:thumb:

Yupp I will second or third or fourth that :thumb:. Great service and very competitive prices from the lovely Linda (should be good for a few more percent discount!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:::bigsmile:)

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yupp I will second or third or fourth that :thumb:. Great service and very competitive prices from the lovely Linda (should be good for a few more percent discount!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:::bigsmile:)

The prices were very competitive and an asset to the site.::bigsmile:Just hope the current exchange rate changes for the better soon.:Sad:

Stuff from the US will be seriously affected otherwise, especially on larger objects like importing RV's.:Doh:

S

stumpy

Deleted User
Ididnt realise that statside were the same folk ,they are big in the vw scean too nice fast motors ::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Ididnt realise that statside were the same folk ,they are big in the vw scean too nice fast motors ::bigsmile:

Yup, one and the same..... JC got recognition for his many years of hard work in the industry at VW Action this year - NAS Events present VW Action 2008
A hobby which, almost 30 years ago, turned into a long time occupation (just to keep on topic) :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back