Help Baltic Wharf CC Site Closing - petition post (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
I'm really sorry about this but I can't find the thread that I saw yesterday!
Can anyone direct me to it so I don't start a new one.
Thanks
Steph

Last edited:
OP
OP
S
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Hi everyone

Just received this today from Matt who is running the campaign to save the Baltic Wharf Caravan Site.

Although he doesn’t say it in his email to me the rumour is that the council have said the Caravan Club can stay open for another year while they finalise the plans for the school. Let’s hope this is their way to back down over their bad decision to close.

Thanks everyone who has been behind us in the campaign..

Steph and John

Hello All! Apologies for the lack of communication. We've been having quite a few 'behind the scenes' meetings which can now be shared.
Ultimately The Caravan Club have announced today that they will be keeping the site open until at least August 2015! Many thanks to Debra for the link today: http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/news-and-events/news/club-news/2014/august/future-of-baltic-wharf
We've been meeting with the Mayor of Bristol who, understandably, has many pressures for school places in an expanding City. However, he is also now very aware of the value this site brings to the local community and keen to explore any potential solutions. In his words, "This conversation is not over!".
We have also met with the 3 high level Bristol City Council Officers leading the plans for redevelopment of the site. They have our report and are now fully informed of the HUGE value that the site brings economically, culturally and environmentally to the local area. We also highlighted that scrapping such a wonderful facility that has been in place for over 30 years, would fundamentally change the nature of the local area. Will will continue pushing for a win-win solution throughout the entire process.
As always, we have kept a distance from the Caravan Club itself in order to preserve the independence and credibility of our Campaign. However, if anybody wished to press them on their formal position then that would certainly be an interesting piece of information to be shared!
Thanks for your continued support everyone! If we keep up our efforts then we could save this unique and valuable asset for Bristol!

Matt

Save Bristol Campsite Campaign

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
The 'Club' aren't that bothered,they will get somewhere else to rip us off while welcoming non members who are charged a lot more:madder:!
I have been a member for 33 years,but only for the CLs the rare occasions I have used the club sites, I still can't figure out why they close for bog and shower cleaning at 11 am:madder:,when CLs tend to do it when they can as many of them are farmers or market gardeners etc. and they are still spotlessly clean.
Another 'bete noire' is the site sitters who book up when the site is open for booking,and then create an itinerary of sites and then don't show up:madder::madder:!

OP
OP
S
Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
Oh dear - and I thought I was posting some good and happy news!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back