Disneyland Paris Motorhome Parking (1 Viewer)

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Hi,

Yes I know about (and have read) other threads on this subject but the newest I could find was 12 months ago and I wondered if anyone has more recent experience.

We will be travelling N through France in Late November and wondered about calling in to Disneyland Paris for a day. Ideally we would like to park up for 2 nights, the one before and the one after our visit. We do not want annual passes etc as we will almost certainly never go again!

The Disneyland web site says (after much digging around) that campervans are expected to leave the site not more than 1 hour after the park closes - ie not overnight!

Also, can you buy tickets on the day? the web site leads you to buying in advance - which in our case would have to be before we left England as we do not have a printer in the van.

I emailed Disney to ask and had a reply saying they could not answer this question by e-mail!

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Just drive up and pay on the day.
Last time we were there ( 18 months ago ) it was 30euros for parking, you certainly didn't have to leave at the end of the day.
If you stay over one night, they will just put a polite notice on the windscreen asking you to pay again at the nearby office. As far as I'm aware, the majority just ignore the notice.
A one day/two park ticket is around 60euros. A two day/two park ticket is about 110euros from memory.

Hope this helps

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Agree with Moho you pay 30 Euros and stay overnight, if you stay another day you will get a polite note attached to the windscreen as you are supposed to get another pass to stay longer.

We were there at Easter and a lot of Motorhomes stay overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I emailed Disney to ask and had a reply saying they could not answer this question by e-mail!

Sounds like a right bloody Mickey Mouse operation.

Do they still close the service point in the low season? Might be worth arriving with empty waste tank and empty loo just in case.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Have you considered Puy Du Fou? Has it's own aire and you will need to spend more than one night to see it all. Although it classes itself as a theme park it is NOTHING like Disney et al. Not sure about whether they run Cinescenie at the time of year you are going but, if so, would recommend you include that if possible. Best thing is to buy all your tickets online and take advantage of the offers.

Wyn

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Do they still close the service point in the low season?

A popular belief that this provision was for motorhomes.. it isn't nor indeed are the coach drivers showers and toilets .. but despite signs, they were used by motorhomers ,. and probably why the next quote has come around .

The Disneyland web site says (after much digging around) that campervans are expected to leave the site not more than 1 hour after the park closes - ie not overnight!

It was never advertised as a motorhome aire.. but a car park that permitted overnight parking. ..

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The last time we were at Disneyland Paris a few years ago there were soldiers with machine guns patrolling the car park and ticket barriers, and they were real. Must have been some high state of alert going on as the Eiffel Tower was the same.

One enterprising motorhomer had run the mother of all extension leads from a two pin socket in the Coach Driver's pavilion Gents to his MH on the parking area, so it's fair to say the facilities were being taken advantage of.

Puy du Fou is definitely worth the effort but it's a longer journey from Calais and it's a very different format to Disneyland. Some people need their Mickey Mouse and Goofy fix, as opposed to highlights from the Vendee's regional history. Nevertheless, I'd recommend anybody putting Puy du Fou on the 'to do' list.

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

Re Puy Du Fou Unfortunately it has to be Disney as we will be meeting grandchildren there.

I rang Disney to ask this morning, and was told it is no longer possible to stay overnight.

Whether this is a policy that is not implemented in practice or whether things have changed is hard to tell.

We'll probably drive up and see what happens in practice. There is an acsi site not too far away if all else fails.

Thanks again.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This is from our visit in 2009... so been a while..
As you can see, we arrived late and just parked outside the gate :) then did one overnight stay in the park.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
The shower block is open all year these days, although the outside water pipe will almost certainly be turned off.
We're going back between Christmas and New Year, will be buying annual passes.
Expensive yes, but actually good value if going for more than a couple of days...and Paris is reasonably local so we will visit more than once in the coming year.

Also love Puy Du Fou, sadly a little too far for a short break !

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Finally got a reply from disney to my email asking if you could stay in their car park.

The reply said that campers and campervans are allowed to stay, but there are no facilities. However Caravans and Motorhomes are not.

So apparently a campervan and stay but a motorhome cannot.

Anyone know the difference between a campervan and a motorhome????

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Finally got a reply from disney to my email asking if you could stay in their car park.

The reply said that campers and campervans are allowed to stay, but there are no facilities. However Caravans and Motorhomes are not.

So apparently a campervan and stay but a motorhome cannot.

Anyone know the difference between a campervan and a motorhome????
Possible that something got confused in the translation? Campingcar is close to campervan, motorhome may be considered as something else. Just a thought.

I think you could safely say that you drive a campervan :)

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
The following is the full text of the email . It certainly implies that campervans are allowed overnight - otherwise why all the talk of facilities?

I will assume that I drive a campervan.

Thanks for replies.

Thank you for contacting Disneyland® Paris.

We are more than happy to help you prepare your visit to our Resort.

We kindly inform you that campers and campervans are allowed in the Disney parking lot. A 30€ flat rate per day applies (prices are subject to change without prior notice). Please note that we do not provide any facilities for campers and campervans. You will have to use your own electricity, water supplies and bathroom. Nevertheless, we do not accept caravans or motorhomes in the Disney parking lot for safety reasons.

Please note that you may find a camp site by clicking on the following links:http://en.parisinfo.com/
http://www.outcamp.co.uk/

We are looking forward to welcoming you to Disneyland® Paris.

Yours sincerely,

Virginie Leroy

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The following is the full text of the email . It certainly implies that campervans are allowed overnight - otherwise why all the talk of facilities?

I think it needs clarified..allowing camper vans on the lot doesn't mean they are allowed to say 24hrs.. and it says clearly on their web site that camper vans must leave at the end of day.. and if they allowed overnight parking, why point out where to find a camp site ?

I would reply and say thanks.. but can you please clarify if you can park overnight or not

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
And when you write - call your vehicle a 'camping car' cos that's what motorhomes are called in French - maybe they think a 'mototorhome' is a 5th wheeler or something?

OR alternatively

ask them if there is a size (or weight) restriction on campervans?

OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Just though I'd post an update about what happened in practice.

Parking a motorhome/campervan overnight was no problem at all. There is a huge park specifically for campervans which, when I was there this week, only had maybe 6 vans in it. The cost was 20 Euros for 24 hours, not the 30 it said on the web site.
The only issue was that we wanted to stay 2 nights and you can only pay for one on entry. So you have to go to the customer service desk near the main ticket office to pay for the second day. Not difficult, except finding out what to do was not so easy.

Disney could do with sorting out their communications. I e-mailed them to ask in advance about overnight parking. Initially they replied saying they could not answer by email and I should ring. My wife and I both rang, spoke to different people, both of whom said this was not possible. I then got the email saying campervans were OK but not motorhomes! In fact, as stated there was no problem at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back