LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi all, I have my camera from Jaws and am dead pleased with it's recording ability. I even captured another MH waving on Sunday. But,
I cant play the journeys back on my PC?

it says It is in x2 p and I understand that it can not be played back via the camera and you have to play it back via the player. But I can't see it supporting windows 8.1 anywhere? anyone know a safe download to enable me to play it?

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
seems it was me being an ass. now works fine, and look here's a waver :rolleyes:

Attachments

• waver.jpg
    waver.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 866

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
As I seem to be driving an invisible car ( woman pulled out in front of me and there wasn't really enough space, dear! 200 metres on and a man decided to walk right in front of me) I'm thinking of getting one of the cameras.
How easy are they to fit? And remove as I guess you'd have to put it out of sight when parked ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How easy are they to fit? And remove as I guess you'd have to put it out of sight when parked ?
I have a camera Broken Link Removed in the car which clips into the mount so can be mounted either on the windscreen or as a true dash camera (which isn't the case with many of them). I bought a Broken Link Removed which I stuck onto a sat nav bean bag type mount so it sits on the dash as shown in the photo.

I have a similar camera in the van, mounted as described Here.

Neither camera is removed from the vehicle when parked.

Attachments

• dashcam.jpg
    dashcam.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 798

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Distracted? Me? Dashcam, rearview camera, Chinese satnav and reversing sensor, I don't know where to look first or next. In fact when I reviewed our trip to York recently I never realised there were so many t0**ers, w*****s or four eyed gits on the road. :LOL:

Attachments

• P1040440.JPG
    P1040440.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 804

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
I used to be organised with two woodsheds all cut and split two years worth to burn, and a load of fresh ready to season and process.

Then we got a motorhome!!!!!!

Probally be scavenged pallets again this winter!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The Jaws dashcam is going in the car, it's not that easy to see with it mounted up high in the windscreen, we have a Roadhawk HD in the van, it's much smaller and almost hidden behind ( in front of?) the rear view camera screen.
They will be left in place all the time
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Got mine up and running great bit of kit at the price
Great job done by Jaws the amount of interest must have taken him by surprise

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Before I knew that Jaws did them, I bought an interior mirror jobby. Brilliant!
It clips over the existing one and looks like a large driving mirror so I never have to remove it from the van (although it IS transferable between vehicles if reqd).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As I seem to be driving an invisible car ( woman pulled out in front of me and there wasn't really enough space, dear! 200 metres on and a man decided to walk right in front of me) I'm thinking of getting one of the cameras.

You shouldn't assume the police will automatically accept video evidence. There have been a number of cases where cyclists with helmet cams have found the police wouldn't even look at a recording following an accident. However, there have been cases where video has been used in courts, so it is a bit hit and miss so to speak.

The main point is the video is potentially evidence so it must be treated as such.

If you do record a prang, take the SD card out of the thing and lock it up. Don't copy the recording onto a PC and then continue using the SD card, overwriting the original recording.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back