Re Upholstery of Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Ok.I should imagine some funsters will have had their pride & joy re upholstered.I am looking@having mine done.We live in southyorkshire.Traveling is no problem.Can I have some recommendations please.:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Quite a few around. Reluxe are good and do the upholstery for auto sleepers and others. Expensive, but would be our first choice. Also regal and care-avan. Have a Google the above and you can see what they offer

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We had our AutoSleeper reupholstered by ReLuxe who did a superb job.

Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Ok.I should imagine some funsters will have had their pride & joy re upholstered.I am looking@having mine done.We live in southyorkshire.Traveling is no problem.Can I have some recommendations please.:)
Regal furnishings did our cracking job...
image.jpg

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have chosen CareAvan and are going over to their workshop for a 2 day appointment. Staying on the premises with EHU while they do the work. Jess has been very helpful so far, helping us pick the fabric and also email photos of the late fabrics coming in, just in case.

We are booked in for 20th October and will post some before and after photos once complete. I will also give a full review of their service.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Regal Ilkeston,not far from the M1,vast range of materials to choose from and overnight stay bay.

www.regalfurnishings.co.uk

Happy customer,his customers included Wildax and Timberland,happy hunting

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
regal for me as well. they did my seat cushions 14 yrs ago. gets used 6 months solid every winter , apart from just beginning to lose a few buttons they still look great. good workman ship and quality materials .

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Tappers did ours in leather, excellent job. They are in Birmingham area, but they will come to a specific CC site nearby and do it in installments so you still have something to sit on. They also did our floor at the same time, but I think that job was subcontracted, still very good though and all done in the planned timetable.

http://tappersupholstery.com/

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Went the NEC today and Regal had a stand so had a chat and got a quote off them to re-trim my motorhome in leather and it came out at £2,100 which I thought sounded OK. We continued to talk about possible combinations of colours etc. so at the end of the conversation I confirmed all we discussed was £2,100 he said yes and oh plus VAT , that's further >£400.
I know everyone pays VAT and if your VAT registered the price minus the VAT is important but this is just one of those things that wind me up , what is the point of quoting prices minus the VAT when quoting prices to the general public.
I just walked away.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Not sure if I read it on here, spoke to someone about it or if I've just made it up but I remember someone saying they had theirs done in Morocco for peanuts ?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I chose Tappers on price. It was a big mistake right from day one. I eventually left the caravan site having run out of time with a sub standard job. I lost the first day completely because no one had ordered the leather Oh Please!.
I repeatedly had to reject the offerings they brought back to my van each day. They showed great calm and patience but at the end of the day not good enough.
One item I rejected for example. This is the end of a seat back that stares you straight in the face on entering the van. There were too many issues to list.
CA_10151419024671-L.jpg

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Julie ACROSS THE ROAD DOES ALL MINE (y)Makes a nice job and does not charge the earth
Did all the transit and caddy upholstery and is just completing this Hi Ace I am doing -pics below on the link
terry

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Gradyp: understand your annoyance regarding the vat issue but my sister had her van covered by Regal a few years back and was delighted with the choice and quality of the work. At the time they just booked in one van per day and it was all hands on. We arrived v.early and the whole van was completed within the day. Fantastic service.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Regal for me,, did a great job on our last m/h. we would certainly use them again.
ps... very nice conversion Terry,, superb workmanship.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We used Careavan for our Hymer last year after speaking with Paul at the NEC. We left the van with them for 4 days and they also fitted new cushion floor. There were a couple of snags which were sorted quickly at a time to suit us. We're pleased with the end result image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 63

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Don't know if Terry seen your post but he lives near you and his neighbour does all his van conversion upholstery. Not read all your thread as rushing, but if he not seen your post might be worth dropping him a conversation .. inbox top right hand corner. x

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
CaraVan did our Miller a couple of years ago and we could not have asked nor received a better service.

Ok, so that might be just our opinion, but since then Nemo ( number one son ) had his done by them because of the workmanship and a couple of other Funsters who had a look at ours also went to them..

They really do bend over backwards to do everything they can to make the over all experience an absolute pleasure

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Gradyp: understand your annoyance regarding the vat issue but my sister had her van covered by Regal a few years back and was delighted with the choice and quality of the work. At the time they just booked in one van per day and it was all hands on. We arrived v.early and the whole van was completed within the day. Fantastic service.

I'm not in anyway questioning the quality of there work , what they had on show was fantastic and the fact they do all the work in a day is fantastic.
It's just the this thing in quoting prices "x" VAT , I guess it's just one of those things that wind me up. We all have something that winds us.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Terry, can you give details of your upholsterer please?
Thanks,
Cheers, Dave(y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We used A 1. trimmers near Pontifract , a lot cheaper than the others but very good job every seam and pattern matched, Regal etc had quoted £1200 and A 1. Did it for £500. We were pleased .

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
We used A 1. trimmers near Pontifract , a lot cheaper than the others but very good job every seam and pattern matched, Regal etc had quoted £1200 and A 1. Did it for £500. We were pleased .

Just looked for a website for A1 Trimmers and can not find anything , just look at some of there work and if they have a quote page.
Any idea if they have a website
Thanks

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
We have chosen CareAvan and are going over to their workshop for a 2 day appointment. Staying on the premises with EHU while they do the work. Jess has been very helpful so far, helping us pick the fabric and also email photos of the late fabrics coming in, just in case.

We are booked in for 20th October and will post some before and after photos once complete. I will also give a full review of their service.

Yes, we found the whole team very helpful, we asked for an estimate for two settee's and two arms, quote arrived and we visited to view fabrics etc.

Coffee came first, then when I asked for confirmation that the arms had been included, Jessica checked, apologised and said she had missed it off. Another member of the team (management) asked if we had asked for it initially, saw we had and said they would do all we had requested, at the quoted price. Great.

Debbie, having listened in, and demonstrated different forms, suggested a combination fabric/leather combination. We saw this combination on a conversion recently completed, and it suited our interior perfectly, so we confirmed our order with a small deposit, and will be taking our PVC over to them for completion.

We look forward to reading your review.

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Just looked for a website for A1 Trimmers and can not find anything , just look at some of there work and if they have a quote page.
Thanks
Can't find a web site, but found the Google reviews of their work 4.5/5
They can be found at:
A1 Trimmers - Unit 2/Brears Farm Nursery/Kellingley Rd, Knottingley WF11 8DL
Phone: 01977 607976
Hope this helps :blusher:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thanks

Thanks Triclops , they don't have a web site but have managed to find a couple of pictures of the thread after tying upholsters into search

image.jpg
image.jpg

Just to give you a idea they did all the door trims as well .

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Tappers did ours...superb from start to finish

Attachments