LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
has anyone stayed at ardlui on loch lomond there is a hotel and campsite there which we are looking to maybe stay at

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I second that ,all the car parks in that area are used for overnighting!

Vlad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
if you have grassed me to ken i will have to go to another loch :):whistle:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
I'm pretty sure we stayed there one night Bill and never again mate, Itinerant heaven. Oh and it was so windy that night we saw a toilet seat fly through the air and hit another motorhome. People were pulling in then driving straight back out.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
has anyone stayed at ardlui on loch lomond there is a hotel and campsite there which we are looking to maybe stay at
Very tight driving that part of the road Bill....Tourist rates!!!! .Luss c&cc site is members only. There is a site at Arrochar that will be quite cheap within walking distance to hotels pubs and restaurants etc
It is not too far away from where your talking about. If I was staying in these parts i would choose Arrochar.

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
If you are thinking of going to Luss make sure you say you are at least 7.5m long and have an awning when you book. We didn't and got the worst pitch we have ever come across totally under trees and with no space to sit out yet paid the same as everyone else on hardstanding. The stewards would not allow us to move even though when we arrived there were many empty pitches. We asked the following morning but still would not let us move but gave us our money back for the two nights we had not used. The problems of having a van conversion at Luss. Discrimination I suggested to the C&CC they disagreed but stated they allocate pitches to the size of the Motorhome!!
We will not be renewing our membership.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I'm pretty sure we stayed there one night Bill and never again mate, Itinerant heaven. Oh and it was so windy that night we saw a toilet seat fly through the air and hit another motorhome. People were pulling in then driving straight back out.

Yeah only when you got there Rob I was having a nice time ,got that peed off when you arrived I lobbed me toilet seat out the window ;-)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We usually Wildcamped on the loch side car park by the tarbert turnoff !! Toilets there and a hotel !
By far the bezt out of the wildcamping spots. You are also right beside the boat trips and cycle hire if you are feeling fit.
We stopped here 2 weeks ago and the toilets were opened all night.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
wheres the tarbert turnoff i cant find it
paul you didnt throw ya toilet seat the right way you should have aimed it at Itinerant rob :)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The entrance is on the A82:)sorry dont know how to ge. The co ordinates.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
found it thx looks great

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
parked up at balloch will be meeting ken l8ers in his local maybe have a coffee or 2 with him
clear.png

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are normally out and about, sometimes in the area but staying home this weekend. If you need to top up your batteries or whatever you are welcome to park on my driveway for a night if you are passing Glasgow. Enjoy your time in Scotland :)

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thank you we will be ok hopefully the solar will be ok for our journey but the offer is much appreciated

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We stopped overnight at Luss camp site - worst experience for a while - steer well clear if you want piece and quiet, we turned up last Friday evening and walked into the reception to be greeted with a sweet FA - not even a smile could have been given off these two miserable sods who were running the place, the site was more or less empty (about 10 mixed MH an caravans) stuck us near the front of the site which we wasn't that bothered about but the site was a decent size - the trouble kicked off about 9pm - very loud music from the hotel next door, we could hear it over the TV and it showed no sign of stopping, at about 10:30 we decided to unhitch the EH and move to the far end of the site, now that was great ! Next morning little Hitler was around "why have you moved" - you should have come and informed me blah blah blah, yea i am sure you would have cracked a smile at 11pm me knocking on your door - I hate it when sites do not mention that there may be loud music played until 12pm - which he openly admitted to afterwards it is a very regular occurrence - NOT A RECOMMENDED SITE !

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
parked up now at dores loch ness bloody marvelous place free parking right on the loch and a great inn with wicked food including my now favorite dish haggis will post some pics tomorrow

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We will be up that way November so look forward to pics

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
parked up now at dores loch ness bloody marvelous place free parking right on the loch and a great inn with wicked food including my now favorite dish haggis will post some pics tomorrow
Told u it was gods country lovely food lovely people stunning views enjoy my sasanach friend.:beerchug:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Our experience of Scotland last week was a very disappointing one to be honest, we were both so looking forward to our trip to Scotland:D and it turned out to be one of our worst trips - I think we just had bad luck from the off to be honest - weather was so bad at loch ness the wind lifted a big static off its bricks and moved it while the owners were still inside, it rained - poured it down at times every day of the 5 days we stayed, bad mannered people (mainly English may i add) - apart from a rude waitress at Moffat, arrogant cashier at Fort Augustus - we ended up coming away early and stayed a few nights around the Lake District:) Maybe another time we may try again when the sun shines and more people are smiling than frowning(y)
On another note i did spot a Funsters MH at Loch Lomond parked on the drive (House was up for sale) opposite the visitor center (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back