old fiat's Talbots and hymers (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Ok this might dye the death but I know that there are a lot out there trying to just keep there dream alive.
I know that old fiat's are hard to get bit's for but not impossible
so any one having problem with them can pull resources to keep there dream running
theirs a lot of knowledge on this site
and who knows we might even have a old van owners meet where any one can come along and talk old tech abut thing's that can be fixed with a spanner and not a computer.
bill

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Sounds like a plan Bill, I can keep most things running but there are lots of things I would like to know better about our old'ish Hymer.

Hymie

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Sounds like a plan Bill, I can keep most things running but there are lots of things I would like to know better about our old'ish Hymer.

Hymie
so there is hope for this thread ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Given the amount of elderly "Ladies" still running it could go on as long as Coronation Street, as long as they don't legislate us in to the scrapyard..

Hymie.

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
<------- another candidate! (y)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Bill, your starter for 10, as Bamber used to say. :wink:

A is for Autoblock, I found a box under the passenger seat, it says Schaud? And the text translates as "Battery Charger".

I took that being a 91 vintage thus is the early basic model that charges the 2 leisure batteries,

Hymie.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill, your starter for 10, as Bamber used to say. :wink:

A is for Autoblock, I found a box under the passenger seat, it says Schaud? And the text translates as "Battery Charger".

I took that being a 91 vintage thus is the early basic model that charges the 2 leisure batteries,

Hymie.

I don't know but if it say's battery charger it could just do what it says on the box and if your not Shure it's working try amp meter on it
bill

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
this thread is for base unit problems as many on her have fiat based vehicles that what its aimed at

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
We don't have a Fiat, Talbot or Hymer (though I'd like to have a hymer) but we do have a very old van! Ours is a 1995 Peugeot Boxer, and it seems all the motorhome mags and a lot of motorhome talk relates only to newer models. There must be loads of people like us with older vans that would value any kind of help or expertise where these are concerned. Its a thumbs up from me!(y)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We don't have a Fiat, Talbot or Hymer (though I'd like to have a hymer) but we do have a very old van! Ours is a 1995 Peugeot Boxer, and it seems all the motorhome mags and a lot of motorhome talk relates only to newer models. There must be loads of people like us with older vans that would value any kind of help or expertise where these are concerned. Its a thumbs up from me!(y)
the boxer has the fiat same parts I think but don't quote me but 93 is probably just in but if it's got engine management your looking at computers not spanners
bill

Last edited:

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs

Hiya
I think if you give good details of your van and just post i the right place then you will get lots of help i have found. Give as much info as you can and lots of folks will help usually. I have had sherpas, Fiat ducato (1987) and pug Boxer (2002) as well as the 2010 peugeoti have now so ask away
Phill

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Our 1994 Talbot has a Peugeot engine. A lot of the van parts are interchangeable with the Fiat C25. Nothing Hymer on it though - as far as we know! We've managed to source several parts that appeared to be obsolete, so if anyone wants info then please contact us.

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Hiya
I think if you give good details of your van and just post i the right place then you will get lots of help i have found. Give as much info as you can and lots of folks will help usually. I have had sherpas, Fiat ducato (1987) and pug Boxer (2002) as well as the 2010 peugeoti have now so ask away
Phill
I will just levee you to it now I knew a expert would be along in no time I love this forum(y)

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Our 1994 Talbot has a Peugeot engine. A lot of the van parts are interchangeable with the Fiat C25. Nothing Hymer on it though - as far as we know! We've managed to source several parts that appeared to be obsolete, so if anyone wants info then please contact us.
that' what we want brilliant
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back