Pools Brook CCsite Staverly (2 Viewers)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
What a great site , 7 miles from Chesterfield Bus in a short walk away, Cafe just a short walk away, can recommend the "Big English Breakfast"
It's on an old Coal Mine site . Lovely walk around the Lake, grounds all landscaped, (145 acres) Beautiful, absolutely Beautiful, what they have done here turning an abandoned coal mine into a, Wildlife site, Fishing, Walks, the Lakes, am really envious, looking around here, in clay country, where the clay pits that have been abandoned, and jack S**t has been done to beautify them and return them to the community, "THE PRINCE OF WALES "has a lot to answer for here in Cornwall!

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
We used to live and work in Staveley, but was a looonnngg time ago.

Another country park worthy of a visit is just north of Killamarsh - Rother Valley C P - where there are several lakes for various sports and pastimes - wildlife, fishing, sailing, water skiing by drag line, model power boat racing, maybe more. There used to be a dry skiing slope there but I thing that was closed down some years ago.
Again, this is on an old coal mining spoil heap.

J

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we live at the other end of the closed road stopping you getting back to the M1

Total agreement about use of dead land though, the whole area was wrecked by the pit closures in the 80's just as we moved here, but every village and town now has a nature reserve / country park

Big development area now, good job prospects, yet just watching location location program with a couple spending £350,000 on a three bed semi with small extension in Tring, about 130 miles south of here, you can buy a 5 bed executive detached up here for that, completely mad

Glad you enjoyed Poolsbrook, off to Pauls meet tomorrow or would have looked you up for a drink (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Not sure how long you're there for (or even if it's your thing) but Chesterfield on a Saturday with the market has a real buzz. A proper market town. If the crooked spire is open it's worth going up.:)

Oh and the Market pub (themarketpub.co.uk)has always been a very nice meal, doesn't take cards though.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not sure how long you're there for (or even if it's your thing) but Chesterfield on a Saturday with the market has a real buzz. A proper market town. If the crooked spire is open it's worth going up.:)

Oh and the Market pub (themarketpub.co.uk)has always been a very nice meal, doesn't take cards though.

Thanks for that, lived here for 30 years, still learning (y)

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We live in chesterfield (chesvegas ) Heard a lot aboutpools Brook but never been , to close really but some outstanding villages and scenery in this part of the Country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We live in chesterfield (chesvegas ) Heard a lot aboutpools Brook but never been , to close really but some outstanding villages and scenery in this part of the Country.
Chesvegas - new one on me, thought it was Skegvegas::bigsmile: but yes, I agree you have some lovely places around you(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back