Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
Does anyone have any experience in the above or know of a program or website that works & does not try to install malicious software of virus's on to your pc ?

I do not wish to use Tube Mate as this is a video down-loader I want to be able to to download just the audio so I can listen to some conspiracy's whilst I drive my truck for further research.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You shouldn't need to. There are lots of ways of streaming Youtube as long as you have wifi. If you just want audio then Youtube is the wrong place to start. Have a look at Spotify or iTube as a start point. If you genuinely need more than they can give you on mp3 then you really should be buying albums (y)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Oddly enough I asked my 16 year old tonight as I needed some stuff for the upcoming meet.

He showed me how to do the audio but doing the video is not easy and requires software purchased or as you say malowared to death.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The starting point is wrong. Youtube is video. MP3 is audio only. Trying to convert video to audio is pointless. Find what you want in an audio format and convert that.

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
You shouldn't need to. There are lots of ways of streaming Youtube as long as you have wifi. If you just want audio then Youtube is the wrong place to start. Have a look at Spotify or iTube as a start point. If you genuinely need more than they can give you on mp3 then you really should be buying albums (y)

Im driving a 44ft truck all day long so yes its just the Audio I want :sneaky:

sorry its YTD video downloader.

Audio Only not Video ;)

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The starting point is wrong. Youtube is video. MP3 is audio only. Trying to convert video to audio is pointless. Find what you want in an audio format and convert that.

I know exactly what I want to convert I just dont have the time when home to sit & watch/listen

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I know exactly what I want to convert I just dont have the time when home to sit & watch/listen
Try iTube then. App on Apple and as far as I know Andriod.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Audacity is a free program which will record whatever is coming out of the speakers on your pc. Just start it up and then play the track on YouTube. Audacity will record it in its own format but it will also make a copy in mp3 or indeed more or less any other format you might want.

It is an open source program and quite safe but check when downloading it and clear any check boxes for free offererings such as Google toolbar.

You can get it safely from here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Audacity is a free program which will record whatever is coming out of the speakers on your pc. Just start it up and then play the track on YouTube. Audacity will record it in its own format but it will also make a copy in mp3 or indeed more or less any other format you might want.

It is an open source program and quite safe but check when downloading it and clear any check boxes for free offererings such as Google toolbar.

You can get it safely from here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

I take it the microphone is not live when doing so
Kind of reminds me of when I was a kid trying to record radio programs & not making any noise :D

I know silly question :whistle:

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I tried that before creating this thead & got attacked :(
Luckily Norton blocked it (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I take it the microphone is not live when doing so
Kind of reminds me of when I was a kid trying to record radio programs & not making any noise :D

I know silly question :whistle:
You can set the source on audacity, microphone etc. Just ensure you have sound notifications turned off otherwise you might get a beep if you get an email!

But if there is a specific way to download the sound directly from YouTube with the link thebig1 gives that would be better. Audacity just has the advantage it works with anything which comes out of your speakers, such as Internet radio. The disadvantage is you have to listen in real time to make the recording. But it is easy to edit the track afterwards and remove any bits you don't want.

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I use the Firefox browser and there are several add-ons that will do what you want.

This is a good one that will convert a YouTube video to just about any other video or audio format:

Broken Link Removed

Nichols

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Miami
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Try AppGeeker, it downloads the video and convert to any type of sound files.

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Istonsoft it is an app on windows 8 I use it to convert iTunes to mp3 works ok no viruses with it

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Try AppGeeker, it downloads the video and convert to any type of sound files.

Istonsoft it is an app on windows 8 I use it to convert iTunes to mp3 works ok no viruses with it

Thanks I will ok into these....

So yestery day I downloaded the DVDSOFT webby1 suggested but just to be on the the safe side as I couldnt just scan the .exe file I initiated a full system scan before I went to bed.
Ive not long finished installing it via custom settings 4 of which to prevent any non wanted files & browser extensions being installed & gave it a try.
Test run the mp3 & this works fine & changed the output folder to one of MY choice & it looks good easy to use & relativley quick so we will see.

screen print.jpg

OP
OP
RS_rob

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Oh there is as you can see an advert at the bottom to be wary off (y)

Keef

Free Member
Jul 25, 2010
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
15 Years
I would use Audacity as previously mentioned. Very flexible and high quality possible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back