Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
With winter approaching, I recently bought one of the above because of the condensation on our windscreen during he winter.
I didn't want external screens (I don't like getting out of the van on cold mornings) and this gadget solves the problem. It "Hoovers" all the water off the screen without dropping water all over the dash and makes cleaning any window a breeze. It also keeps the inside of the windscreen clean.
I see there is an add on the site for it with some offer and though it's not cheap it does exactly what it says and I would not be without it now

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We do the same on our windscreen - brilliant for taking the condensation off - has to be kept as vertical as possible though, or the water tends to drip out of it. I must admit it gets more use in the van than in the house!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Mum loves her so much she even comes and cleans my windows. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have one, but on our A class it is hard to get down to the bottom of the windscreen, brilliant tool though, do not be tempted like I was to use it upside down to get to the hard to reach bits, all that you have just hoovered up comes back out!!

it does work well horizontally though as an option (y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
we have one, but on our A class it is hard to get down to the bottom of the windscreen, brilliant tool though, do not be tempted like I was to use it upside down to get to the hard to reach bits, all that you have just hoovered up comes back out!!

Cliff says he starts horizontal at the top and then sweeps down to almost vertical and it works a treat. Quite a balletic move for a big guy!

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Put this on a thread some months ago . It brill,

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have one as well. We bought it about 2 months ago, used it once then put it away.
Now the house windows get loads of condensation on them, we started to use it again, and using it in the van for the windscreen for when we use the internal screens seems a great idea too

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
With winter approaching, I recently bought one of the above because of the condensation on our windscreen during he winter.
I didn't want external screens (I don't like getting out of the van on cold mornings) and this gadget solves the problem. It "Hoovers" all the water off the screen without dropping water all over the dash and makes cleaning any window a breeze. It also keeps the inside of the windscreen clean.
I see there is an add on the site for it with some offer and though it's not cheap it does exactly what it says and I would not be without it now

Which model do you have??

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Put this on a thread some months ago . It brill,

Funny that as I searched before posting and got 'nothing found' message.

Which model do you have??

Ours was the one with 2 blades, as said I think there is only one model. I find the smaller one is more manageable and have used it upside down without fallout, maybe if there is not a lot of water in the reservoir it won't drip out.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Yep, use it backwards horizontally with the big width rubber thing and just do it slowly...... Hmmm, that doesn't read quite as it should, but will leave it in best funsters tradition.

Slowly working horizontally across the big screen leaves no streaks - I think the trick with these things is simply go slow. Works fine on our A Class (y)

Edit - worth looking for offers on the kit with two blades as we use both

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Guilty.Daughter had one.I scoffed at it.telling her to use a leather.Don't need another gadget..well ended up cleaning her windows for her.used the kartcher & was impressed.Went out& bought one for myself.Use it all the time now.:)

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Keep ours in the bathroom at home. Great for running over the tiles after showering. Always take it away in the van over winter. (y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
OH has just bought one for the house. From Amazon, I think. It came with two blades. Not had a play yet, but I will be expected to use it after a shower (glass door).

It will be on the van packing list for winter trips.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Got one in the MH, it's blooming brilliant :)

Doesn't get right to the bottom of the screen, so a micro cloth lifts it off and the smears I can get too :)

Worth every penny my mate paid for it. They don't know I've "borrowed" it yet :whistle:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Got one in the MH, it's blooming brilliant :)

Doesn't get right to the bottom of the screen, so a micro cloth lifts it off and the smears I can get too :)

Worth every penny my mate paid for it. They don't know I've "borrowed" it yet :whistle:
Does it have two blades? The longer one reaches as near as dammit to the bottom of the screen on ours..

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Does it have two blades? The longer one reaches as near as dammit to the bottom of the screen on ours..
I think the longer blades fitted Dux. I've only used it once last weekend, but there's wasn't much condensation to talk of :)

I did try it inverted and it leaked from the bottom, so keep it reasonably level and it's brilliant :)

I could be cheeky and ask if there is another blade, but I'm keeping a low profile until she finds out :lipssealed:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back