Alternative to a barbecue ? (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Not suggesting indoor use (or even in an awning) or in a tent as shown !:Eeek:
- CO poisoning - but could be used behind a windbreak ?

$%28KGrHqQOKp0FJg8,l+LEBScTHBy0OQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Broken Link Removed

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I would love one but they are not cheap and we don't have enough space to carry one in our van when we have other items that are used more often.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You would be fine behind a windbreak. OK if you can get dry wood for it but even then could be very smoky. Looks like the sort of thing which could be popular with Yank weekend woodsmen, but not a lot of call for such a thing here. Might be classed as an open fire and frowned upon almost everywhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 20, 2012
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Camper van
Exp
1year 10 times
Plenty on sale at the outdoor adventure show last w/ end also one used by Sundowners and Merle at the Funster meet there great when cold and also cooks boils kettle, would be great for toast, thick slices butter and burnt on the edges takes me back lovely

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bloomin old age. I can't remember which meet it was ... possibly Malvern but some Funsters had what looked like one of those outside their motorhome, lit up in the evening. It looked lovely and cosy... Hopefully they will see the posting above and come on and say about them and their efficiency.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The C&CC magazine reviewed the Frontier Stove a few months ago in an article looking at alternatives to barbecues (along with the Cobb oven, Biolite Stove and Ghillie Kettle). There's an optional water heater accessory.

According to the article, it's been designed to be used in tents, provided they've been created with an appropriate route out for the flue. A CO alarm is still recommended.

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Must be a better alternative to a gas patio heater or a chimenea - at home (and away)

Eco friendly, free fuel - just look for it...............

All the bits pack away inside a carry bag 50cm long

session_1-786.jpg

And Chocksaway - they make your stove ...............................

productshots-093_1.jpg
£90

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
g
You would be fine behind a windbreak. OK if you can get dry wood for it but even then could be very smoky. Looks like the sort of thing which could be popular with Yank weekend woodsmen, but not a lot of call for such a thing here. Might be classed as an open fire and frowned upon almost everywhere.
Geting dry wood dead wood standing is the best or dead wood of tree getting dry wood would not be a problem for me

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
And Chocksaway - they make your stove ...............................

productshots-093_1.jpg
£90

(y)(y)(y)(y)

Wow! I like that....... so that will be another missed business opportunity for me then!

Actually, rocket stoves have been around for years, it was just fun to experiment :) Mind you........ I was thinking at one stage it must be possible to design and develop a 'marketable' one.....

Having played with home made rocket fuel stoves a few times since I made the videos I must say the principle is impressive. I quite fancy one of those above but can't quite bring myself to pay £90 :whistle::)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
These look good too......

Broken Link Removed

I love burning wood............ must be the 'caveman' in me......:rolleyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries