Mortagne-Sur-Gironde, Charente-Maritime, France (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Philippft submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

In September 2012 we joined the 'other lot' on a rally in Charente - Maritime and had a fantastic time with other like minded motor-homers enjoying this region of France. We stayed at a campsite which arranged trips and onsite entertainment and generally had a great time. At the end of the rally there was a general discussion about where people would go next and we were told about this small inlet on the Gironde that had an Aire and was worth visiting. Although a little further south of where we were, we decided to visit anyway as the weather was superb and we had plenty of time before we had to return to Calais.
Mortagne-Sur-Gironde turned out to be another hidden gem. A tiny port that had reinvented itself and allocated one side for of the harbor for motor-homes, with dedicated spaces and electrical points. A chap would turn up in a blue car and visit each pitch and as best as I can recall it was €5.00 per 24 hrs. On the other side of the harbor, at the far end was a small service point for water and waste and at the top were some restaurants. there was also a stall which opened each day to sell bread etc. This was such a great location with some great walks or just relaxing and watching the occasional fishing boat come in which would sell it's catch to anyone who wanted fresh fish. Or watch the locals fishing from the harbor wall.
I took my bino's and went for a walk as there was some great bird watching in the area with some raptors rarely seen in the UK.

A great place to visit if in the vicinity.

Broken Link Removed

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Philippft submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Interested in all the info Philip but particularly the birdwatching aspect which I'm now checking out on Fatbirder. Great pics too many thanks!(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back