Ah! So that's where you dump it! (1 Viewer)

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Yes, another grey water thread!

Followed an Autotrail Navajo on a 60 plate off the M4 and up the A4067 to his home today and yes, his grey water drain tap was open and yes, he shared it with all and sundry!

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
As it has been quite dry this year, I have been to a couple of rallies where I have been asked by the site owner to dump grey water in the hedgerows and on the grass at the edge of the site, just to help keep it alive.
Most detergents are now bio degradable and it must make environmental sense to release this water and let nature process this water locally and naturally rather than spend money pumping it to treatment plant that only do the same as the natural process.

Severn Trent alone spend over £1 000 000 a week on electricity just pumping fresh water to you and waste water to the treatment plants!

Eco living encourages grey water to be stored and reused to water plants and flush toilets etc, so letting grey go responsibly has got to be good for all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
My only problem with emptying grey water onto the road is if there is grease in it from cooking, won't help other motorists roadholding! Apparently the French cops fine you now if they see you driving with it open, then again they fine you for breathing so no change there :swear2:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Been at Lincoln this weekend, great place to water the grass, it really helps the ground, so no objection from me to letting grey water go before you move

But if you do this why drive off with the valves still open, there is not much left, but every bump and bend leaves some behind for your fellow campers :mad:

Then most of what's left will come out as you pull off site, a nice 'thank you for having us' :mad:

The balance then offends virtually everybody who has the misfortune to drive behind you for the next few miles :mad:

It's just inconsiderate and rude, IMO :mad:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Kept my tap closed all weekend
On the way home, found a suitable unmade bit of track in top a tree stand and stopped in there ( folk proly thought I was some sort of weirdo ! )
Duly dumped, closed the tap and continued home..
Thee is always somewhere to dump without causing an issue...
Mind you, some places I leave the tap open while parked up.. depends on the ground, depends on the circumstance.. depends if I remember !!!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I never close my tap I just put a carrier bag with holes puncture in it full of grass under the tap the grass caches all the crap you just throw the bag in the bin(y)
has any one peed in there shower on to there feet nice and warm it is::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I never close my tap I just put a carrier bag with holes puncture in it full of grass under the tap the grass caches all the crap you just throw the bag in the bin(y)
has any one peed in there shower on to there feet nice and warm it is::bigsmile:
yellow water sports lol

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My only problem with emptying grey water onto the road is if there is grease in it from cooking, won't help other motorists roadholding! Apparently the French cops fine you now if they see you driving with it open, then again they fine you for breathing so no change there :swear2:
Diesel and hydraulic oil from non MOTd tractors is a bit more anti roadholding then soapy water, and you can find that everywhere........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
go down any country road its full of "manure" soil from tractor wheels straw everywhere horses crapping on the road and people get upset by a bit of grey water
Well said, that Labrador! :clap::clap::clap:

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
We found a nice lay by with a drain on the way home not far from home actually & parked up for a while whilst carefully discretely draining into it.
I saw some doing the same just outside the showground & followed the trail of the one before me out of the showground.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Your driving along 30mph with a 1/2 inch tap open, what's the dilution rate when the already diluted Fairy liquid hits the road? 200ppm (that's a wild guess) but I bet it's quite easily dispersed

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Yes, another grey water thread!

Followed an Autotrail Navajo on a 60 plate off the M4 and up the A4067 to his home today and yes, his grey water drain tap was open and yes, he shared it with all and sundry!
Why oh why drag this up again and again ???
Like so many others, who gives a toss, as for grease in the water, use more detergent !!!!!:active::active::active:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Your driving along 30mph with a 1/2 inch tap open, what's the dilution rate when the already diluted Fairy liquid hits the road? 200ppm (that's a wild guess) but I bet it's quite easily dispersed

Is it just fairy liquid, ours isn't as we wash, shower and wash up, and it stinks, yes I will let some go on he grass or chuck in a hedge back if it's applicacable but always shut the tap after.

Young couple pushing child in pushchair along side of road, soak child with your waste water, try explaining that it's only a little bit of fairy liquid and water.

auntiebessie

Free Member
Oct 6, 2013
suffolk
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2005
DavidG58 says in his post that he considers it "inconsiderate and rude" to leave the grey waste valve open after emptying the tank on the grass at the show, well that`s his opinion and his entitled to it, but I can`t understand why nobody seems to think that allowing the karaoke in the funsters tent to finish at 1am is not `inconsiderate and rude`, believe me I am not a killjoy and I enjoy a party, but the noise level was ridiculous. Why was there not some control over the time it was allowed to go on to.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
DavidG58 says in his post that he considers it "inconsiderate and rude" to leave the grey waste valve open after emptying the tank on the grass at the show, well that`s his opinion and his entitled to it, but I can`t understand why nobody seems to think that allowing the karaoke in the funsters tent to finish at 1am is not `inconsiderate and rude`, believe me I am not a killjoy and I enjoy a party, but the noise level was ridiculous. Why was there not some control over the time it was allowed to go on to.

I have not seen anybody on this thread saying that disturbing you or anybody else with the karaoke at 1am was not "inconsiderate and rude" yes the tent can be noisy at times and when people are having FUN they might get carried away and forget the affect his has on others and indeed what time it is. If this was your first time with FUN I would suggest another time just ask to be sited away from the marquee, we were some distance away and were not disturbed.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
it's a fun weekend it was a big enough field to be well away from the party and fun
bill

Inthezone

Free Member
Feb 14, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp

mines a 40mm outlet and I still agree, what a lot of fuss about nothing that really matters in the big scheeme of things, I be more upset if it was diesel i was dropping

sitting back now and waiting for "outraged of Royal Tumbrige Wells" :reel:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but I can`t understand why nobody seems to think that allowing the karaoke in the funsters tent to finish at 1am is not `inconsiderate and rude`.

You were at a show not an OAP home ( though it can look like that at times ). It's four nights maximum, it's about having a good time.

That tent was full of people ALIVE and full of life.

Long may it continue.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thank your lucky stars it wasn't a Uke Band... :rofl:
JJ :cool:

There was a master plan in action, by extreme cunning Jim organised for the little pluckers to congregate in south Wales, plucking away but puzzled by the lack of motorhome dealers.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I would not put up with the Karoke racket at 1am either.

If I was parked near the big tent and their antics disturbed my sleep and I couldn't move away to a quieter spot then I would turn on my sound system and lull myself to sleep with the dulcet tones of Metallica and Judas Priest... (at full volume).

Serious question.

If a tent full of people having fun is stopped from doing so because a couple of people want to go to sleep who is being "inconsiderate".

JJ :cool:

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Diesel and hydraulic oil from non MOTd tractors is a bit more anti roadholding then soapy water, and you can find that everywhere........
I'm sure you can Tootles, them farmer types annoy road users in all manner of ways. Found that out the other day in Devon...

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I've yet to attend my first rally - but when I do I'd be mindful that it's a public get together, not a public library.
There's likely to be a bit of noisy banter and signing, a bit if swearing and drinking, and maybe a bit of smoking and dumping of grey waste.
Would probably be a bit boring otherwise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back