LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just been reading a few threads on here and amazed how when some one makes a observation, be it about Etiquette or Language, how everything that makes fun good goes out of the window and we get long threads on people popping at one another.

Funsters are some of the most helpful kind diverse people I have met the work that goes on to run these rallies is unbelievable I know for myself the Fun Rallies are what gives our motorhomeing the diversity and fun that we look forward to.

The rally officers and Jim & Sian put so much effort in, a fun rally field has more hellos and smiling faces than I have seen on any other club I have been in though anyone just reading the forum for the first time would get a very strange idea of it.

Lets get back to what Fun is all about, well that's just my thoughts anyway.

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Just been reading a few threads on here and amazed how when some one makes a observation, be it about Etiquette or Language, how everything that makes fun good goes out of the window and we get long threads on people popping at one another.

Funsters are some of the most helpful kind diverse people I have met the work that goes on to run these rallies is unbelievable I know for myself the Fun Rallies are what gives our motorhomeing the diversity and fun that we look forward to.

The rally officers and Jim & Sian put so much effort in, a fun rally field has more hellos and smiling faces than I have seen on any other club I have been in though anyone just reading the forum for the first time would get a very strange idea of it.

Well said Carol
Lets get back to what it,s all about FUN !!!!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

I totally agree with you Carol. As you know, I am a very quiet and withdrawn person, unwilling to express a forceful opinion, unless its concerning pretty wild flowers, or a ladies lovely dress. There are times that I am almost driven to tears by replies I get, no, I will go further.....I actually cry! There, I've said it!
If only the harsh speakers would take time to show a small slice of pity for those, like myself, who suffer from a delicate nature......:wasntme::wasntme:

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
The odd emotive subject here on Fun might get a few tiffs, and the odd bit of handbag waving, but it all calms down fairly quickly and nobody throws their toys out of the pram. It's certainly nothing like another motorhome forum I have a look at from time to time that shall remain nameless (well, by me, anyway).

On that one it doesn't matter whether the original post is about sat dishes, gas tanks, mpg, levellers, Thetford cassettes, reversing cameras or, well, anything, cos within three or four posts it ends up in exactly the same slanging match as the previous thread, which started life about something completely different. It's always between the same three or four angry keyboard warriors, and I'm surprised the forum has been out and about :wink: for as long as it has.

Honest Abe said: "I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." Worth a thought...

Steve :Smile:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well said Carol, I blame the lack of twerking. There is not enough ass shaking on this forum, we need more fun.

You start, I'll hold your coat...

Don't tell anyone but I've been known to Twerk on tables T a certain Fun meet :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The odd emotive subject here on Fun might get a few tiffs, and the odd bit of handbag waving, but it all calms down fairly quickly and nobody throws their toys out of the pram. It's certainly nothing like another motorhome forum I have a look at from time to time that shall remain nameless (well, by me, anyway).

On that one it doesn't matter whether the original post is about sat dishes, gas tanks, mpg, levellers, Thetford cassettes, reversing cameras or, well, anything, cos within three or four posts it ends up in exactly the same slanging match as the previous thread, which started life about something completely different. It's always between the same three or four angry keyboard warriors, and I'm surprised the forum has been out and about :wink: for as long as it has.

Honest Abe said: "I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." Worth a thought...

Steve :Smile:
And that, my friend, is the way it should be!!.....:)(y)(y)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Don't tell anyone but I've been known to Twerk on tables T a certain Fun meet :Eeek:
Ohhh!!! youve bin Twekin on tables av you!!!:eek::eek: That defiantly should be banned!!:eek::eek::eek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sadly it reads on the other threads that the few angry bullies insist on dismissing their behaviour as somebody elses problem. It's certainly not fun

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014

Well, look on the bright side: at least these threads gives us a heads up on who we might be best avoiding should we end up at the same rally!! Would hate to inadvertently cause offence by random twerking etc......:rolleyes: :whistle:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Well, look on the bright side: at least these threads gives us a heads up on who we might be best avoiding should we end up at the same rally!! Would hate to inadvertently cause offence by random twerking etc......:rolleyes: :whistle:

I'll never be at a rally but if you let me know on fun when you're next twerking I can do it in my lonely field or wherever and still feel part of the twerkers.:D

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
o_OErr Wots Twekin:confused:
Twerking (/ˈtwɜrkɪŋ/) is a type of dancing in which an individual, usually a female,[1] dances to music in a sexually provocative manner involving thrusting hip movements and a low squatting stance.[2] Though the term seems to be of uncertain origin with common assumptions suggesting it is a contraction of "footwork" and a portmanteau of the words "twist" and "jerk", there is evidence from ethnographic interviews in New Orleans that the term began as street language in New Orleans with the rise of the local hip-hop music known as Bounce.[3] Since the late 1990s, twerking was associated with Bounce music of the Dirty South and was disseminated via mainstream hip hop videos and popular video-sharing sites since the mid 2000s. In 2013, twerk was added to the Oxford Dictionary Online.[4] The dictionary said the word had been around for 20 years. The word was a runner-up in the Oxford Dictionaries Word of the Year 2013.[5]

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I have never had so much fun with any other clubs, as I have with this one. I have found some great friends. and some very funny people. there is no other club like this one. long may it rule.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
:Eeek: Not sure that it was twerking I was doing, you'll have to give me lessons
... I have an image in my mind ... if you've ever seen "Mama Mia" the film you'll know exactly what I'm thinking of! There's a bit where Julie Walters is trying to 'seduce' the sailor chap at a gathering where they're all having a meal and she ends up dancing on the table ... not pretty but enthusiastic! :D

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Humph, this twerking lark sounds decidedly unpleasant to me. In the name of science I'll put myself forward to watching a scantily clad female "twerking" on a table for a few hours just to see how unpleasant or not it might be. :D:D:D

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp