Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009
Are there any motor home shows where you can take your dogs along?

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We've taken ours to a couple of outdoor shows this year no problem although he did comment that he thought we were wasting money on dubious accessories.
It's the indoor ones that are the problem.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All outdoor MH shows allow dogs and you can take them around the stalls etc, with some restriction on the stalls in the indoor areas depending on what is being sold - food halls and the like are no-go for dogs but halls with 'normal' type stalls usually allow them in. Newark is an outdoor show with some 'normal' stalls in one of the halls which dogs are allowed into but not into the food marquee.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Was at the Romsey Show last weekend and they allowed dogs around the show ground :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
It always amuses me the restriction on dogs.

You cant take a pet dog into food outlets etc yet you can take a guide or assisting dog in.

What do they do to the later dogs to make them hygienic, on secound thoughts best not answer :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It always amuses me the restriction on dogs.

You cant take a pet dog into food outlets etc yet you can take a guide or assisting dog in.

What do they do to the later dogs to make them hygienic, on second thoughts best not answer :)
Its often nothing to do with food hygiene but simply because the purveyors don't HAVE to allow dogs in - to prevent an 'assisting' dog access in effect prevents a disabled person coming in without their necessary 'aid' a bit like making a wheelchair user leave their chair outside ... thus it would be deemed discrimination ... that's my take on it anyway!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Always amazes me, this dog restriction thing. Went into a pub at Putts Corner, Devon, just up the road from the CC site. So many dogs in the dining room I nearly ate a Yorkshire Terrier by mistake!
And yet, the PDSA charity shops have a sign reading 'Sorry, no dogs', on their doors.....a bit ironic.

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Just been to Lincoln show today and there were loads of dogs. Nice show too.

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Interesting discussion on allowing Dogs. I do have a bit of a problem with Dogs. Why do people need to keep dogs and so many? Why do I, in my Council tax, have to contribute to the disposal of dog waste? It's my 'rant' at the moment! Sorry dog lovers but I just don't get it!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Interesting discussion on allowing Dogs. I do have a bit of a problem with Dogs. Why do people need to keep dogs and so many? Why do I, in my Council tax, have to contribute to the disposal of dog waste? It's my 'rant' at the moment! Sorry dog lovers but I just don't get it!
... why do I have to contribute for all those people who have kids, go to libraries ... etc ... fortunately I DO get it! :)

OP
OP
OllieUK

OllieUK

Free Member
Jun 23, 2013
Ramsgate
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E520
Exp
Since 2009

If you don't have a dog you haven't got a problem..
I suppose I could say why should people have bikes, I have to contribute to cycle lanes in my Council tax.. I dont use them so why should I pay?

That's life deal with it!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Dogs and gennys should both be banned:p

I think that Gennys are horrid little beings that are like evil spirits or devils that frighten M****ms to death in case they get them and take them to hell. No wonder you do not want them at rallies. Dogs are OK though but my caravan cat???? doesn't like them much.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Dogs and gennys should both be banned:p

Dave, you have my 50% complete support

we had the misfortune of having one as a neighbour, no respect for those of us up late at night singing till 2am :D

This one was the worst ever (Chester Food Fair excepted) it revved in conjunction with consumption, or because it was running low on fuel, whichever, annoying enough to run one, but a singing genny that was a first

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
The only show (other than the NEC) I can think of that doesn't let dogs in the halls is the Warners non-camping (day visitors only) show at Harrogate. There are plenty of dealers around outside, but most of the accessory stands are in the halls.

Steve :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back